Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
AUM, can you control your people please?
Yeah, I'll call my public relations firm first thing in the morning. They control all of the gay people in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 11:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yeah, I'll call my public relations firm first thing in the morning. They control all of the gay people in the United States.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
This isn't about me, so don't classify me or tell me what my own views are. Don't attack me or call me names, or presume that I am some kind of homophobe.
I didn't do any of those things. Your words speak for themselves.

Quote:
I am trying to play devils advocate here.
Oh. Foolish me. I was taking you seriously.

Quote:
Take my advice or leave it.
I think I'll leave it. Thanks.

Quote:
For the last couple years, you guys have only been getting bad press,
"You guys"? I'll go back to what I said before. It sounds like you don't know any gay people personally, and that you've formed negative judgments based on what you've seen in the news. That's your right, of course, but in the future, you may want to actually get to know some real people from a particular group before you make such harsh judgments about them.

Quote:
and the whole movement reeks of California dysfunction alla Schwatzenegger budget illegal alien crisis...

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 12-07-2009 at 12:08 AM..

Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Male, thanks for pointing the truth out. If you see a lot of people moaning and groaning about liberal issues being uncool then the state is clearly not liberal ie: California. San Fransisco Bay might be liberal and West Hollywood is very liberal. But that could be about it, sadly.

Vincent, so a group of gays try to get an old buzzard out of their hair? They had enough pestering for one life time. When was the last time somebody protested your relationship or lifestyle. I rest my case. Thanks.

Quote:
Conservatives and moderates make up the majority of voters in California - not liberals.

How Californians label their political ideology:

Conservative - 33%
Moderate - 38%

Liberal - 26%

Political Ideology by State

It's a myth that California is dominated by liberals. That's just a line that conservatives have successfully used in an attempt to marginalize the politics of California. In San Francisco, yes, I'm sure the majority of voters call themselves liberal, and maybe in L.A. County, but in the rest of the state, it's moderate-to-conservative.

If California was a liberal state, same-sex marriage would have survived. The fact that it did not is further evidence that California is not a liberal state.
Quote:
I remember there was an elderly woman protesting against a noisy, flamboyant crowd of gays in front of a courthouse somewhere in CA and they pulled her sign out of her hands and stomped on it. I am trying to find the clip on Youtube right now...

Bottom line, whoever allowed that group to be so repulsive, as well as other grotesque examples seen last November, where gays were spitting and throwing things at people holding crosses, well, they should keep it up if they want their movement to fail.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:47 PM

81 posts, read 123,618 times
How stereotypical; you are too offended by my lack of PC verbiage to continue our conversation - without insulting me.

Best wishes.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
How stereotypical; you are too offended by my lack of PC verbiage to continue our conversation - without insulting me.

Best wishes.
Same to you. I tried.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:06 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:

Best wishes.
AnUnidentifiedMale had just fine comebacks until the very last sentence...you're going to punish him for that? Perhaps if you put yourself in his shoes, just for maybe a moment, you would know what it's like & how frustrating it is when someone says the things that are said, like the things that you have said. I'll say this, I just don't understand people who take what they're given as such an obvious right & they think of it as something that is so blase & such an entitlement that they can come onto a forum & speak w/such righteousness.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
AnUnidentifiedMale had just fine comebacks until the very last sentence...
I've even removed that snarky line that I wrote.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
I've even removed that snarky line that I wrote.
Ah sorry, I was too quick w/the comeback.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
If they could have only convinced the 22% of liberals that voted FOR the measure.......if only.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies