Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's really sad. Not only did he let his family and himself down, but also let down a lot of little kids who saw him as a positive role model.
That's true, but you know what? He probably wasn't thinking of himself as a role model. He was probably thinking of himself, period. It is a dose of reality that the kids who looked up to him should learn from. (They should also learn from a comment Charles Barkley once made. He said that he shouldn't be a role model; your parents should be role models. Not many professional athletes have made truer statements!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That's true, but you know what? He probably wasn't thinking of himself as a role model. He was probably thinking of himself, period. It is a dose of reality that the kids who looked up to him should learn from. (They should also learn from a comment Charles Barkley once made. He said that he shouldn't be a role model; your parents should be role models. Not many professional athletes have made truer statements!)
That's a great statement from Barkley...I've never heard that before. Unfortunately, a lot of little kids don't have parents who care in their lives. I'm just glad I grew up in an era where the media let us have our role models. I'm not sure I'd be the same person today if not for the untarnished image---at least back then---of Gene Autry.

Set Tiger aside for a minute, what does that say about women/our society that so many so-called ladies are willing to have an affair with a married man? It's not like he could hide his wedding ring and claim not to have a wife like some unknown ******* in a bar. Why do people not seem to have the same disdain for them as they are expressing towards Tiger? Has the word "no" gone out of fashion?

EDIT TO ADD: I can't believe that word starting with 'sch' and ending with 'muck' got censored by the software here! LOL

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-07-2009 at 10:00 AM..

Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She needs to divorce his a** and also relieve him of some of those hundreds of millions of dollars.

I don't see how she could stay with him. How do you trust a guy like this ever again?

I'm thinking of finding all his endorsers and start a letter writing campaign. POS needs to be taught a lesson.
For once, I actually agree with you.

Tiger Woods is a JOKE. How can he even expect his wife to stay with him?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
You don't think a person can go through counseling, be sincerely sorry for what they've done and learn from their mistakes? Couples who are not in the public eye are often able to put their marriages back together after infidelity and come out stronger in the end. And it's worth trying---once---if they have small children involved. It's harder for someone to do when the world is watching but it's not impossible. Why on earth do you want to get involved with a letter writing campaign against a celebrity? It's not like what he did effects your life in any way like it would be if he were your pastor, senator or representative. Do you start letter writing campaigns against other celebrities in the news who commit adultery?

I thought the same thing........why would SHE want to involve herself a letter-writing campaign? Maybe she just has nothing better to do with her time.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
For once, I actually agree with you.

Tiger Woods is a JOKE. How can he even expect his wife to stay with him?
It's a personal, private matter.......their marriage. Why would you want to see their marriage end, rather than work through this enormously hard time, especially since they have children?

Btw, I'm a feminist and not all that thrilled with guys who are womanizers. However, I don't even pretend to have any idea how his wife feels and what the two of them are going through right now. If they can work it out, more power to them!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She needs to divorce his a** and also relieve him of some of those hundreds of millions of dollars.

I don't see how she could stay with him. How do you trust a guy like this ever again?

I'm thinking of finding all his endorsers and start a letter writing campaign. POS needs to be taught a lesson.
And YOU want to be the one to teach that "POS" a lesson with your letter writing campaign? Looking for your 15 minutes of fame, hun?

You probably don't see how "she could stay with him" because you are actually NOT a part of their marriage and don't have a clue what is going on behind closed doors. Very judgemental of his wife, are you?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
That's some funny stuff there.

Hard to feel too much compassion for Elin. She'll be fine. The kids yes, but she had to know that women would throw themselves at the guy.

I can't imagine turning down some of the trim the guy has had myself.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
It's a personal, private matter.......their marriage. Why would you want to see their marriage end, rather than work through this enormously hard time, especially since they have children?

Btw, I'm a feminist and not all that thrilled with guys who are womanizers. However, I don't even pretend to have any idea how his wife feels and what the two of them are going through right now. If they can work it out, more power to them!
Austinnnnn, I agree. If they can work it out, I hope they do. More power to them.

All I know is that I WOULD NEVER accept any guy who cheated me no matter how many kids we have or how long we have been together. I don't see why a woman would stay with a man who cheated on his wife.

I have said it before and will say it again. I don't need a man.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
It's not like what he did effects your life in any way like it would be if he were your pastor, senator or representative. Do you start letter writing campaigns against other celebrities in the news who commit adultery?
If morals were important there would be no celebs...we'd all be reading books right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Haven't we been through this countless times before with other 'role models'?
Perhaps a valuable lesson is to not elevate people to such a position that they could have such an impact. People don't need to be idolizing other people who WILL fail and make mistakes....sometimes big ones.
Bingo

Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Austinnnnn, I agree. If they can work it out, I hope they do. More power to them.

All I know is that I WOULD NEVER accept any guy who cheated me no matter how many kids we have or how long we have been together. I don't see why a woman would stay with a man who cheated on his wife.

I have said it before and will say it again. I don't need a man.
I don't "need" a man either.

Also never say "never" ................as a rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies