Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:12 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Oh really?
Yes it was a republican that freed the slaves and it was republicans that passed the civil rights bill. Democrats filibustered the civil rights law. Democrats wanted slaves to remain slaves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 03:19 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
The Pre-WW1 Republicans. Not the southern strategy, ex-dixiecrat Republican party of today. You know, the respectable, decent, not overtly hateful party of Lincoln, in opposed to the party of David Duke, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott and Richard Nixon.
which is not much different then the Democratic party of today former grand Wizard of the KKK senator Byrd . reverend Wright William Ayres

Old 12-10-2009, 03:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I still have not received any replies to why Harry Reid had 3 illegal mexicans working for him until someone found out about it.

So Harry was paying illegals to be his slaves and clean his dirty house but that is different? And we all know how dirty his house must be.

Why doesn't he compare those tax foreclosed properties that he was able to de value below market value while and he and his partners bought up the land for next to nothing. Then he had his local people commercialize the land to be sold for millions. Isnt that a form of slavery to make others suffer for your own good? Guess it is.

Countdown to Harry being UNEMPLOYED BEGINS RIGHT NOW.

Bye bye Harry, you are a goner buddy.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:31 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
The cry to garner support for an issue used to be, "we're doing it for the children". Heck, who would want to go on record as being against children.

The race card has replaced children. . Now they figure that they will label anyone opposing their aganda as racist. Heck, who would want to be labeled a racist.

It's really laughable.

- Reel

Old 12-10-2009, 03:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Yes I have a problem with your statement.... This Republican Party isn't the 1860 Republican Party..... Today's Dems are MUCH closer to representing what Republicans stood for in 1860 than today's reps....

You appear completely ignorant of the evolution of the parties since 1860, and yes, I take GREAT exception to your suggestion here...
lol What in my statement is false that black people are voting for the party that wanted them to remain slaves.

Just because democrats have what appears to won a battle of labeling republicans racist doesnt make it so.

This will most likely offend you also. Democrats havent stopped making many black people slaves. They are slaves to being dependent on welfare. Democrats doesnt people to become better. They are just fine with people being dependent on gov programs because that means they get votes

Democrats have just found another way of making people slaves to the gov with higher taxes and social programs. To if people didnt have that they would have no choice but get up and improve their lives

Now we do need to help those that are disabled, children and seniors

Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It was all about partisan politics. Just like changing the locks on the meeting room. It sort of resembles you and your utter hatred for Fox. All that reaction really is is a knee jerk to hearing another person's ideas. You just can't stand to hear anything other than your own opinion. Although I admit, Reid just babble incoherently when he doesn't get his way or has to listen to other people. The pull-away from Pelosi was priceless.
What a foolish rant. Do you not get that Reid was talking to the Blue Dogs Democrats about historic legislation as much if not more than he was talking to the Republicans? Of course you don't because you're duped by Fox into believing it's always all about the R and the D. You take your marching orders, sound bites and talking points from the people who feed you that partisan pap.

My "utter hatred of Fox"? Surely you jest. I watch Fox all the time and I even watch Fox News. I like comedy.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection functions to allow the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.
Defense Mechanisms - Projection and Intellectualization

Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I'm glad to see that someone from the right is finally understanding why they say the things they do. I've been pointing out the projecting on the part of the right wing for months now but few of you seem to understand what it is you are doing. I assumed you didn't understand the concept. Glad to see you did the research.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Of course you don't because you're duped by Fox into believing it's always all about the R and the D.
I'm neither. Thanks for caring.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'm neither. Thanks for caring.
Of course you aren't. No one is a Republican anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies