Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:48 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I guess that's why she took her kids out of school for the day to go there...so they could see mom make that silly statement that she didn't really mean.

The point was about the economy in general and her belief that she would have less worries with Obama in office, not that Obama would literally pay for her gas....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 03:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I wonder what wine goes well with crow? I'd like to send some over to some of my Republican friends.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:52 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The point was about the economy in general and her belief that she would have less worries with Obama in office, not that Obama would literally pay for her gas....
Yeah, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what that woman means. It does however require someone with a LEAST little bit of common sense - something which seems to be lacking around here.

Ken

Old 12-07-2009, 04:12 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Page 1 mentioned lowering the deficit...

Dems are not interested. They may talk, but that's it. People will see through this.

I think the spending is purposeful. 1) They are not spending their money - they are spending our money. 2) They will have a reason (in their minds) to raise taxes - which leads to more control for them.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:31 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
The GOP can still block everything they can with filibusters with Lieberman's help.....

Anyway as I said to Robert Gibbs if you feel so confident about next year go to my thread on the elections page and start being specific.

BTW you know full well she didn't mean that literally....
Uh.... right.......

I've seen your thread and am watching it but in my opinion it is to early by four months. See you on April 1.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Uh.... right.......

I've seen your thread and am watching it but in my opinion it is to early by four months. See you on April 1.
Come on, its pretty obvious what she meant, only people who are grasping for straws think she meant it literally.

As far as it being early, I'm not saying name you should name every seat, especially in regards to the House. However, someone who thinks the GOP will pick up 15, should be able to come up with more than 3 seats or so, someone who suggests the GOP will regain the Majority should be able to name more than 5 or so.

The Senate you should be able to name most of the seats you think will flip. Out of the seats the Dems picked up in 06, the only one that wasn't viewed as being competitive in late 05 was Allen's seat in Virginia. All of the others were already viewed as being at least vulnerable at this point in 05. Out of the Dem pickups in 08, every seat was viewed as potentially competitive or at least somewhat vulnerable at this point in 07

Old 12-07-2009, 04:53 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
People are too fed up to go to the polls. If there's no third party of libertarian minded Republican (doubtful), I'm staying home. I'll probably volunteer for Schiff's campaign instead.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:53 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
A columnist has some suggestions.

"1. Pass health care reform before the State of the Union
2. Pass a jobs bill
3. Have an immigration debate
4. Talk deficit reduction ('This one is tough')"

...several more.

I agree with this paragraph:

"The 2010 race is tough for the Democrats for a number of reasons. It's not just that the president's party almost always loses a sizeable chunk of seats in the first midterm after his election, or that a midterm election has a vastly more conservative electorate, or that having won two landslide victories in a row, their majority is swollen to its saturation point. It's that, having inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, Obama and the Democrats had to do a number of incredibly unpopular things to save the country from the cliff. Democrats should start saying so, as loudly as they can."

Dylan Loewe: Weathering the 2010 Storm
I really hope they really hammer home all of the stuff they've done to reverse the problems they have inherited. I hope they are very detailed and specific.

A good comprehensive listing would likely result in a takeover of the House of Representatives by the Republicans.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I guess that's why she took her kids out of school for the day to go there...so they could see mom make that silly statement that she didn't really mean.
She took her kids out of school early that day. Sarah Palin took hers out for months during the campaign. She said "I won't have to worry about my gas". She did not say Obama is going to pay for my gas.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She took her kids out of school early that day. Sarah Palin took hers out for months during the campaign. She said "I won't have to worry about my gas". She did not say Obama is going to pay for my gas.
Nice spin.....delusional....but still nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies