Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And you call yourself a liberal. Prison is where people get raped and murdered or sick with serious illnesses.
So what? I don't follow my political party blindly.

If they are scared of getting raped, murdered or sick with a serious disease from prison, don't do something that will make you go to prison. Like coming to this country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Are you Native American? Because those are the only people that can have that attitude and get away with it .... every race other than the Native Americans came over to the United States illegally and prospered in their own villages and towns. That is what a lot of The Mexicans are trying to do. They haven't been known for slacking off or blowing up airplanes. They are generally good hard working people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So what? I don't follow my political party blindly.

If they are scared of getting raped, murdered or sick with a serious disease from prison, don't do something that will make you go to prison. Like coming to this country illegally.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Are you Native American? Because those are the only people can have that attitude and get away with it ....
Why are only Native Americans the ones who can get away with it? What makes them so special?

I am Indian.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 AM

Native Americans were here in the United States first. Then the Spaniards and White Anglo community took over the country illegally. But the country prospered and did well, aside for the slavery and wars.

Quote:
Why are only Native Americans the ones who can get away with it? What makes them so special?

I am Indian.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Native Americans were here in the United States first. Then the Spaniards and White Anglo community took over the country illegally. But the country prospered and did well, aside for the slavery and wars.
I agree. But that is in the past. We are a more established and developed nation. They may be nice and hard working people but the law is the law. I would not expect to go to Mexico and expect them to provide for me or my children with free health care or free education or welfare. We CANNOT afford this anymore. Look at our economy. This country is being leeched off by so many people (not just illegals) that it is going to bite us in the end. We need to stabilize ourselves first.

When you break a law, you must face the consequence. A possible consequence is going to jail.

They can apply here legally (like how my father did) and come if they get citizenship. It is a slap in the face to all the people who had to learn English (like my father) and who studied hard (like my father) and applied LEGALLY and WAITED for a year (like my father).

He had to wait. So do they.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:32 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
You're joking, right?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 AM

The law is the law but I am sick and tired of prison. Prison is where people go to become criminally insane and severely traumatized.

It's time for reformation and a kinder more humanistic way of handling violators.

Have a nice day.

Quote:
I agree. But that is in the past. We are a more established and developed nation. They may be nice and hard working people but the law is the law. I would not expect to go to Mexico and expect them to provide for me or my children with free health care or free education or welfare. We CANNOT afford this anymore. Look at our economy. This country is being leeched off by so many people (not just illegals) that it is going to bite us in the end. We need to stabilize ourselves first.

When you break a law, you must face the consequence. A possible consequence is going to jail.

They can apply here legally (like how my father did) and come if they get citizenship. It is a slap in the face to all the people who had to learn English (like my father) and who studied hard (like my father) and applied LEGALLY and WAITED for a year (like my father).

He had to wait. So do they.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 AM

Bossy Davis,

Does it look like I'm joking. Ughhhhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're joking, right?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:02 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So what do the majority of the people of NJ want?
This NJ. It NEVER matters what the majority of people in NJ want.

We're racing CA to the bottom of the financial barrel. I mean, we're in horrendous financial shape (in spite of being the most highly taxed) and this is what our beloved politicians focus on

Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Unfortunately, property tax in NJ is managed and regulated on a very local level - has nothing to do with governors, etc.
No, it's managed by state Supreme Court judges who legislate from the bench, urban machine politicians and their public worker union cronies.

NJ wrote the book on re-distributing wealth and it ain't pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies