Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
In spite of your insane characterization of President Obama, we're generally very proud. Thank you very much. See my earlier post that already answered your otherworldly comment.
Speaking of "otherworldly", I have no idea what comment you were referring to - that's not me. Oopsie.

And none of the characterization was insane - it was all based in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I love how you leftwing kooks are still trying to blame Bush.....it's just so tireseome.
You must be really tired. Nobody here's done it.

I'd challenge you to prove your lie, but we all know how that would turn out.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
You must be really tired. Nobody here's done it.

I'd challenge you to prove your lie, but we all know how that would turn out.
Not a lie, in spite of what you wish. Just an honest mistake - reading 2 threads at the same time.

But speaking of lies, I would like you to prove your's:
"It happens in many areas. All the wingnuts can do is mock the people who don't agree with them: the majority of Americans, the rest of the world, climate scientists, the mainstream media, the poor, the sick, immigrants, minorities, etc. "

I've never anyone mock the sick, the poor.........where are you coming from?

Old 12-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Speaking of "otherworldly", I have no idea what comment you were referring to - that's not me. Oopsie.

And none of the characterization was insane - it was all based in fact.
I quote you, for crying out loud. That's the comment I was referring to. Is that so difficult?

You are both tired and confused, apparently.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Not a lie, in spite of what you wish. Just an honest mistake - reading 2 threads at the same time.

But speaking of lies, I would like you to prove your's:
"It happens in many areas. All the wingnuts can do is mock the people who don't agree with them: the majority of Americans, the rest of the world, climate scientists, the mainstream media, the poor, the sick, immigrants, minorities, etc. "

Not a lie, either. Nor a mistake. I wasn't talking about you specifically - just wingnuts in general. And if you need examples of mockery, just look at any of the stupid "climategate" threads about how those who accept human-caused global warming are sheep. Or any of the threads about health care where you will find comments about freeloaders and people who just want to live off others. Or any thread about Fox News about how the MSM is liberally biased. Or any thread about immigration to see how the right mocks brown people. On racism, you can look at mossomo's comment about "almost black." Etc.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:09 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Wrong - the government is the nation's single largest employer (if you don't divide it into departments), but the private sector as a whole is a much larger employer.
From the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Quote:
With more than 1.8 million civilian employees, the Federal Government, excluding the Postal Service is the Nation’s largest employer.
Federal Government, Excluding the Postal Service

Quote:
I love how you leftwing kooks are still trying to blame Bush.....it's just so tireseome.
Huh?

Old 12-10-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I quote you, for crying out loud. That's the comment I was referring to. Is that so difficult?

You are both tired and confused, apparently.
No, YOU'RE the one tired and confused. The comment that you quoted originally, where you insulted me the first time, WASN'T ME. Is that so hard to understand. You might want to actually read the name and who wrote the comment.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Not a lie, either. Nor a mistake. I wasn't talking about you specifically - just wingnuts in general. And if you need examples of mockery, just look at any of the stupid "climategate" threads about how those who accept human-caused global warming are sheep. Or any of the threads about health care where you will find comments about freeloaders and people who just want to live off others. Or any thread about Fox News about how the MSM is liberally biased. Or any thread about immigration to see how the right mocks brown people. On racism, you can look at mossomo's comment about "almost black." Etc.
You haven't made your case, with me at least. Those who accept human-caused global warming are sheep (since the evidence to "prove" it is either highly suspect or missing.) There are people that are freeloaders and want to live off others. That's not mocking, that's fact. MSM IS liberally biased, and to deny that is ignorant. Hmmm, I just randomly checked out some immigration threads, and not ONE mocks brown people.

You leftwing kooks exhaust me......

Old 12-10-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Here's a great example.

Quote:
You haven't made your case, with me at least. Those who accept human-caused global warming are sheep (since the evidence to "prove" it is either highly suspect or missing.) There are people that are freeloaders and want to live off others. That's not mocking, that's fact. MSM IS liberally biased, and to deny that is ignorant. Hmmm, I just randomly checked out some immigration threads, and not ONE mocks brown people.

You leftwing kooks exhaust me......
Nope. Global warming evidence hasn't been harmed in the least. And yes, there are some people who are freeloaders and who want to live off others. But decent people don't decide that nobody should get help because of those few people. Wingnuts, however, often mock all poor because of those few (see my example above). And that was my point - not that every recipient of aid was honest. Finally, the MSM is not liberally biased. They are access-biased, and easy-frame-biased. Saying otherwise just marks you as a wingnut.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
No, YOU'RE the one tired and confused. The comment that you quoted originally, where you insulted me the first time, WASN'T ME. Is that so hard to understand. You might want to actually read the name and who wrote the comment.
You are truly baffled. Maybe you are confusing your threads again. Perhaps you need a nap. Here is my first comment to you:

Quote:
In spite of your insane characterization of President Obama, we're generally very proud. Thank you very much. See my earlier post that already answered your otherworldly comment.
And that comment quoted your comment here. Further, I did not insult you. I said that you gave an insane characterization of President Obama.

You're tired and punchy. Please have a nice rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies