Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM

20 posts, read 32,369 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsdosE10EjU

I really don't get how people deny this kind of stuff.
I mean......just watch this........and I'm not just trying to bash on other races, but really does this seem right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGCK7...eature=related

Isn't this something........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 03:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
I must have missed something, who is denying it?

Old 12-06-2009, 07:09 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
most of the modern world is being built with products and materials that are created by slave labor. from minerals to bulding materials you name it it's being constructed by one or two dollar a day wages..the rich taking addvantage of the poor... slavery sucks period.. whether you are black asian white indian or other. slavery is slavery!!!! if we buy the products and materials that were created from slavery then in a sense we are all hypocrites..

here's a few vids on modern day slavery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JteTrdoQDfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfsB5g-R9eQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhpL0R9m4f8

Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh you know...people sometimes just wander aimlessly.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,151 times
Slavery will always exist in some form, at some level unless society goes totally communist economically.

In the USA, the guy working a minimum wage job, in debt up to his ears, is basically a slave by many definitions.

They can't just throw a ball and chain on you anymore, but they can create a system that forces people into a situation where they must live and work like slaves.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:28 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think he must have some looped video clip running in his head that says most whites in America are "slavery deniers".

Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Slavery will always exist in some form, at some level unless society goes totally communist economically.
Then the slaves will just be the people, working and slaving for the political elites.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:34 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Then the slaves will just be the people, working and slaving for the political elites.
Theoretically there could be a communist system without any political elites in which power is equal for absolutely everybody.

It is totally unrealistic in todays world. But maybe hundreds of years into the future some kind of system like that would be possible.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:25 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times
I have noticed this issue has now come up very regular. It's like someone trying to start a forest fire but the truth seems to lower the flames. I hope they all see that we are all Americans and all have a history of unfairness.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroe View Post
I really don't get how people deny this kind of stuff.
I mean......just watch this........and I'm not just trying to bash on other races, but really does this seem right.

Isn't this something........
Whoa! Wait a minute, pal! Here is a typical debate tactic of some here on CD that is being used to start a thread. Wow!

You say something that is completely ridiculous, attribute that to someone and then proceed to argue against it. Your premise is incorrect, friend!

I've not heard anyone deny that slavery happened. Not anywhere including here on CD. Have you? Really?

Is this really what black folks think? They really think that folks are denying that slavery happed? No wonder so many blacks are angry and bitter. Slavery happened and it was real bad for everyone for so many different reasons. My goodness gracious is this a poor thread.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies