Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Ok now that you've got that out do you have anything to say about Obama having the lowest approval rating of all past presidents?

Just wondering because I see you as the most honest liberal on this board

You dont find it a bit concerning that his approval rating is the lowest of them all? You arent concerned that maybe the country doesnt want what Obama is doing? Yes I know they voted for him but maybe now that they've seen him in action they arent happy?

I know if I were a democrat / progressive this would concern me
I am not concerned. Some perspective from Gallup:

"Ronald Reagan, like Obama, also dropped below 50% in his 10th month in office, though Reagan's drop occurred a few days sooner in that month (Nov. 13-16, 1981) than did Obama's (Nov. 17-19, 2009).

Notably, most of the presidents who fell below 50% during their first term recovered in plenty of time to be re-elected."

Obama Job Approval Down to 49%

And for December:

"Thus far in December, Obama has averaged 50% job approval. That is similar to the December averages for Ronald Reagan (49%) and Bill Clinton (53%), who also took office when the economy was struggling."

After Brief Uptick, Obama Approval Slips to 47%

Still wondering why Reagan wasn't included in the OP's list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 01:36 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

"Ronald Reagan, like Obama, also dropped below 50% in his 10th month in office, though Reagan's drop occurred a few days sooner in that month (Nov. 13-16, 1981) than did Obama's (Nov. 17-19, 2009).

Notably, most of the presidents who fell below 50% during their first term recovered in plenty of time to be re-elected."

And for December:

"Thus far in December, Obama has averaged 50% job approval. That is similar to the December averages for Ronald Reagan (49%) and Bill Clinton (53%), who also took office when the economy was struggling."

Obama might be going from the Oval Office right to a jail cell without passing GO if he keeps up what he is doing. He's a 1 termer for sure,,,a LAME DUCK!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Obama might be going from the Oval Office right to a jail cell without passing GO if he keeps up what he is doing. He's a 1 termer for sure,,,a LAME DUCK!
And the charges would be...????

Old 12-08-2009, 01:50 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,942 times
Quote:
And the charges would be...????
defrauding the American people with his HC, Cap and Trade and whatever happens in Copenhagen along with many other things.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
defrauding the American people with his HC, Cap and Trade and whatever happens in Copenhagen along with many other things.
Defrauding us in what way?

Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Thank you for asking me very politely. I am going to give you a rep point for this after I am done replying.

I do not find it a bit concerning about his approval rating because:
1) this country has never been so bitterly divided

2) He is the president who has to deal with 2 wars, rising unemployment

3) there are some on the right who would criticize him if he breathed the wrong way. Don't get me wrong here. I know some liberals do the same to Palin and I hope you see my posts defending Palin too. It is JUST so ODD to pick on someone like that.

4) Race and religion-NOT SAYING that it is everyone but I do know two people who simply hate him for being black. One of them trained his dog 30 years ago to attack black people and tells to my face that if he had a chance to shoot Obama, he would. Some people still think he is a Muslim and hate him for that. Even if he is, what does it matter?

5) The right will never approve of him and some Democrats (including me) do not agree with all that is doing. Some of us feel he is too catering to the right. Some of us feel he is not living up to the lefts expectations.

6) Honeymoon period being over-"Ahhh the first black president! OMG OMG!" HOPE AND CHANGE! When reality sunk in that all politicians promise the world but do not deliver, it shows in approval ratings.

7) It has not been a year yet. So I am not too concerned as of right now. If things do not get better within 2-3 years, I will have to see what I think.

I am sure you don't want to hear some more Time to rep you.

+1!
Thank you

1-Dont you think part of the reason it is so divided is due to Obama and democrats? Plus what has he really done to do away with that. I dont think blaming them all of the time and closed doors and little snips is going to help do away with that.

2-Yes he is dealing with 2 wars and unemployment but the country doesnt seem to be approving of how he is dealing with it. I think them not happy with how hes dealing with unemployment is going to be his down fall people vote with their pockets

3-This I agree with

4-I think racist are ignorant but I dont think we can blame race really because the racist isnt going to vote for him to start with. He won so saying his approval is dropping because of racism doesnt cut it since racism didnt stop him from winning. I am glad I dont know that person that trains the dog because him and I would fight

5-See this is were we disagree with this catering to the right. I dont think he is catering to anyone but democrats but lets not forget he works for the republicans in this country also, This also goes to my point of being a divided nation. You cant make comments like that and not think people are going to react

6-Once again race doesnt cut it with him for the reason above

7-I am not just asking about being concerned for Obama winning again but for 2010. Also do you think democrats are maybe trying to push to much to fast for many. Also for being concerned that maybe America just isnt ready to go in the direction that liberal and progressives wants to take it

Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Forget Obamas accomplishments for a moment and look at your accomplishments. 1.5 years?

This is such a WONDERFUL thread. Know why? Because it shows that the right cannot even count the MONTHS Obama was in office which is SOOO LAUGHABLE.

You guys are so eager to try to ruin him and his name that you guys even get the months wrong. This thread will be my favorite one for a long time because it shows the stupidity of some on the right.

I bet it will.
Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-08-2009 at 03:38 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 02:37 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
Really, it's hard to understand what OP is trying to say. He has not been in office a year. He has not been in office 1/2 a year. HHe definitely has not been in office 1.5 years.

Five years is impossible, too.
Um, I beg to differ, but yes, he has been in office for 1/2 a year.
In 12days, it will be 11 months.
What calendar are YOU using?

Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:

And for December:

Probably because it didn't fit his point.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,114 times
Quote:

Ha. Obama will never be re-elected.
01/20/13=the end of an error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies