Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzai View Post
Some say: abortion "is WOMAN'S choice"

Abortion is a bad choice.
Of course, it’s great to have choices about some things—where to go to school, whom to marry, what kind of car to buy. But certain other choices, though they may be available (to take harmful drugs) and even legal (to kill the unborn), are intrinsically bad. This is the case with the choice for abortion. Everyone has a right, not to be kill, human life is sacred, inviolable.

Abortion is MURDER.
Your opinion.
Not mine.

Regardless of what you say, it is the law of the land.
As I stated before, change it or deal with it.
Don't want to put yourself in that position, don't have sex or get yourself sterilized.
Those are choices as well.
If I ever found myself pregnant, I would have aborted as soon as I knew.
With no second thoughts.
If human life is sacred, how do you feel about war? capital punishment? welfare?
Those are the true questions.

Or are you one of those right to life until birthers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 01:35 PM

85 posts, read 202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenSnow85 View Post
Would you support her getting an abortion if she decided she wanted one (yes, it's your baby)?
This is something I've always been sort of on the fence on, and that situation, in particular, is pretty rough. Being female, I of course cannot say for the man involved, but in my opinion, that should be something discussed and decided before the act of making the baby in question occurred. If someone's mind changed (whether it be the man's or the woman's) about keeping or aborting it, then ultimately, I do think that it would be the woman's choice.

Again, I really cannot say since I lack the necessary parts to be the dude in the equation, but those are my thoughts on it.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:39 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Some say: abortion "is WOMAN'S choice"

Abortion is a bad choice.
Of course, it’s great to have choices about some things—where to go to school, whom to marry, what kind of car to buy. But certain other choices, though they may be available (to take harmful drugs) and even legal (to kill the unborn), are intrinsically bad. This is the case with the choice for abortion. Everyone has a right, not to be kill, human life is sacred, inviolable.

Abortion is MURDER.

And forcing a woman to go through a pregancy she doesn't want to isn't a bad choice?

Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 PM

34 posts, read 96,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

NOT A FETUS

Some people are surprised to learn that the obstetrics textbooks used in the leading medical schools in the country today assume that human lives begin at conception! This is not a theological teaching but a medical fact. The more that science studies the unborn, and the more it develops ultrasound imaging of the unborn child, the more confirming evidence emerges of the child’s humanity and truly ingenious development.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And forcing a woman to go through a pregancy she doesn't want to isn't a bad choice?
Abortion doesn’t end with the baby, It should also be remembered that no matter how many times abortion is proposed as a solution to a difficult situation, abortion has a way of creating new, long-lasting problems of its own. According to post-abortion women, abortion taints the expected good result. Even some post-abortion women who became pregnant as a result of rape or incest report that the abortion made them feel further violated. Of the other 99% of post-abortion women, many report that instead of feeling free or happy after the abortion, they feel burdened with guilt and loss.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Abortion doesn’t end with the baby, It should also be remembered that no matter how many times abortion is proposed as a solution to a difficult situation, abortion has a way of creating new, long-lasting problems of its own. According to post-abortion women, abortion taints the expected good result. Even some post-abortion women who became pregnant as a result of rape or incest report that the abortion made them feel further violated. Of the other 99% of post-abortion women, many report that instead of feeling free or happy after the abortion, they feel burdened with guilt and loss.

My wife went through her abortion with very little to no guilt or feelings of loss. If she would have gone through with the pregnancy, she would have died.

Plain and simple.

She went to the clinic, had the abortion, and was back to work the same day. All it was was a simple medical procedure, and nothing else to us.

Also:

I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose

99% go through this guilt?

I highly doubt that.

Quote:

NOT A FETUS

Some people are surprised to learn that the obstetrics textbooks used in the leading medical schools in the country today assume that human lives begin at conception! This is not a theological teaching but a medical fact. The more that science studies the unborn, and the more it develops ultrasound imaging of the unborn child, the more confirming evidence emerges of the child’s humanity and truly ingenious development.

I see the fetus as ah uman life.

I just put the woman's personal bodily domain higher than the fetus's right to life. The woman has to go through the 9 months. THe woman has the incubate. The woman has to go through the pain of childbirth.

Until we develop an artificial uterus or ways to safely implant a fetus from one woman to the other, there will always be a need for abortion.

Last edited by twinArmageddons; 12-08-2009 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Including a quote.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your opinion.
Not mine.

Regardless of what you say, it is the law of the land.
As I stated before, change it or deal with it.
Don't want to put yourself in that position, don't have sex or get yourself sterilized.
Those are choices as well.
If I ever found myself pregnant, I would have aborted as soon as I knew.
With no second thoughts.
If human life is sacred, how do you feel about war? capital punishment? welfare?
Those are the true questions.

Or are you one of those right to life until birthers?

The subject here is abortion, not war, capital punishment and welfare. If we were talking about these issues, we would talking about them, not abortion, right? You have your opinion, and I have mine, that is what this thread is about, opinions. You don't agree with mine, and so on.

Human life is special among all creation and should not be violated by abortion. It is self-evident.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Human life is special among all creation and should not be violated by abortion. It is self-evident.

It's not special. Then again, I don't really see human life as "created" more so "evolved".

But I digress.

I don't see human life as any more special as the life of my cat.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Abortion doesn’t end with the baby, It should also be remembered that no matter how many times abortion is proposed as a solution to a difficult situation, abortion has a way of creating new, long-lasting problems of its own. According to SOME post-abortion women, abortion taints the expected good result. Even some post-abortion women who became pregnant as a result of rape or incest report that the abortion made them feel further violated. Of the other 99% of post-abortion women, many report that instead of feeling free or happy after the abortion, they feel burdened with guilt and loss.
- Please provide a link to this, because it's a bunch of garbage. And no link from anti-choice sites.
Do tell.
And where do you get your information?
An anti-choice site?
Your assertions may be true for SOME, but certainly not all.

I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose

I take it from your comment that you feel that women go willy-nilly into the decision to have an abortion.
Don't you understand that they, and they alone, deal with their issues and make the best decision for them.

Quote:
The subject here is abortion, not war, capital punishment and welfare. If we were talking about these issues, we would talking about them, not abortion, right? You have your opinion, and I have mine, that is what this thread is about, opinions. You don't agree with mine, and so on.

It certainly is relevant.
If you're a "right to life until birther" you can't answer those questions.
A right to life until birther is for war, against support of those less fortunate, and for capital punishment.
Simply monumental hypocrisy.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
And some posters may be surprised to learn that a lot of the pro-choicers on these boards actually know what they are talking about. Saying that human lives begin at conception is meaningless unless you define the context. Of course the cells are thriving and sustained, so what. Viability is at 24 weeks, and pain can be felt at 30-32 weeks, those are two milestones worth knowing.

Quote:
The more that science studies the unborn, and the more it develops ultrasound imaging of the unborn child,the more confirming evidence emerges of the child’s humanity and truly ingenious development.
?? If you are trying to say that embryology is fascinating, then yes, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies