Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
uhm... what I said was that I was right. changing thermometers can be a problem.

the link discribes it nicely. you can play it down all you want.... point is made.

nice try Mr. Edumacated.
You always say you're right. I just point out you're silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
First you quote the Daily Express and now you quote the WSJ. I thought you wanted economists?

I quote FACTCheck, which relied on MIT (strong economics) and the EPA which runs elaborate economic models for the impact of climate regulation.

Shouldn't you walk the talk. Who's next for you Limbaugh or Beck?

Why can't you back up your statements with facts without denigrating other people? Are you really so illiterate that you cannot do that?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
It was the Wall Street Journal.

LOL! RLC would see HF in the quote.... then respond.. I agree with both the HF and the WSJ.... and you of course...

RLC however, likes to debunk by disqualifying the person saying something regardless of the veracity of what was said….

keep posting this stuff! It is great!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
You always say you're right. I just point out you're silly.
LOL! for a lib with a Ozone sized hole in your heart, you aint all bad RLC!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:24 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You're not understanding...the scale was invented by a man, man is fallible, thus any such scale conceived of is fallible.

By the way, ice water must invariably be above 32 degrees Fahrenheit or zero degrees Celsius, or it would already be ice--if only by a few degrees.
back to physics class for you. Water can be 100% liquid at 32°F. An ice water mixture will be at exactly 32°F.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 PM

SEE! I told you what RLC would say!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! RLC would see HF in the quote.... then respond.. I agree with both the HF and the WSJ.... and you of course...

RLC however, likes to debunk by disqualifying the person saying something regardless of the veracity of what was said….

keep posting this stuff! It is great!
This is the reason that I usually have him on "ignore." There is another poster that is just as simplistic in his thinking, he finally admitted that he is a communist. I'll bet rlchurch will eventually admit that he is merely frieghtened by the Al Gore infomercial, "An Inconvienant 'Truth'".

Old 12-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
back to physics class for you. Water can be 100% liquid at 32°F. An ice water mixture will be at exactly 32°F.
At what pressure and purity of water? (come on Mr. Engineer, get with it.) ...besides that's not physics...it is chemistry...are you sure you are a degreed engineer?

...anyone with an eduction in the sciences would know that....however, someone without an education in sciences would have to guess.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
First you quote the Daily Express and now you quote the WSJ. I thought you wanted economists?

I quote FACTCheck, which relied on MIT (strong economics) and the EPA which runs elaborate economic models for the impact of climate regulation.

Shouldn't you walk the talk. Who's next for you Limbaugh or Beck?
http://www.junkscience.com/Cap_and_Trade_Economic_Analysis_September_2007.pdf (broken link)

Here you go.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
the big warming numbers come not from measurements but from computer models. These computer models and their output are passionately defended by the modeling clique and frequently derided by empiricists -- but the bottom line is that models make an enormous range of assumptions. Whether all the assumptions, tweaks and parameter adjustments really collectively add up to a realistic representation of the atmosphere is open to some conjecture (current climate models do not model "natural" climatic variation very well), but there is no evidence yet that they can predict the future with any greater certainty than a pack of Tarot cards.
Quote:
Model shortcomings include ~25% regional deficiency of summer stratus cloud cover off the west coast of the continents with resulting excessive absorption of solar radiation by as much as 50 W/m2, deficiency in absorbed solar radiation and net radiation over other tropical regions by typically 20 W/m2, sea level pressure too high by 4-8 hPa in the winter in the Arctic and 2-4 hPa too low in all seasons in the tropics, ~20% deficiency of rainfall over the Amazon basin, ~25% deficiency in summer cloud cover in the western United States and central Asia with a corresponding ~5°C excessive summer warmth in these regions. In addition to the inaccuracies in the simulated climatology, another shortcoming of the atmospheric model for climate change studies is the absence of a gravity wave representation, as noted above, which may affect the nature of interactions between the troposphere and stratosphere. The stratospheric variability is less than observed, as shown by analysis of the present 20-layer 4°x5° atmospheric model by J. Perlwitz [personal communication]. In a 50-year control run Perlwitz finds that the interannual variability of seasonal mean temperature in the stratosphere maximizes in the region of the subpolar jet streams at realistic values, but the model produces only six sudden stratospheric warmings (SSWs) in 50 years, compared with about one every two years in the real world. ...Climate simulations for 1880-2003 with GISS modelE[SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]-- Hansen et al. 2007, in press.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Quote:
Humans have only been trying to measure the temperature fairly consistently since about 1880, during which time we think the world may have warmed by about +0.6 °C ± 0.2 °C. As we've already pointed out, the estimate of warming is less than the error margin on our ability to take the Earth's temperature, generally given as 14 °C ± 0.7 °C for the average 1961-1990 while the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) suggest 13.9 °C for their average 1880-2004.
and from PSU itself: http://junkscience.com/FOIA/mail/1255523796.txt (broken link)

Come on rlchurch...argue with a real empiricist.

Last edited by dcashley; 12-15-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies