Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Ah, you're angry with me. Ok. At least I understand now.

For the record, 30 percent is nowhere near half. There is a 20% difference between 30 and 50 percent. Twenty percent is a huge difference. We have 10% unemployment in this country and that's huge.

I can understand you're anger but you may as well drop this point. I did not say 'all' and I did not say 'most' and 30% is nowhere near either.

I told you that I didn't know what the number was but it seemed like a lot. So lets drop the 30% and say it's 15%. That's still a lot, my friend. It could also be considered 'many' as well as 'a certain segment'.

Also for the record you said that I was talking about 'all' blacks or even 'most' blacks and I was not. So you did, indeed, attribute something to me that I did not say and you proceeded to argue the misrepresented point.

- Reel

Yes you did say most. Thirty percent is most you lying sac o cr@p.

- BlackandPround

Let me save you the trouble.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Ah, you're angry with me. Ok. At least I understand now.

For the record, 30 percent is nowhere near half. There is a 20% difference between 30 and 50 percent. Twenty percent is a huge difference. We have 10% unemployment in this country and that's huge.

I can understand you're anger but you may as well drop this point. I did not say 'all' and I did not say 'most' and 30% is nowhere near either.

I told you that I didn't know what the number was but it seemed like a lot. So lets drop the 30% and say it's 15%. That's still a lot, my friend. It could also be considered 'many' as well as 'a certain segment'.

Also for the record you said that I was talking about 'all' blacks or even 'most' blacks and I was not. So you did, indeed, attribute something to me that I did not say and you proceeded to argue the misrepresented point.

- Reel
So instead of answer the questions i've posed to you several times, you've chosen to do the personal attack, there is no need for me to waste an emotion like ANGER on you, but nice try in deflecting and stooping to ignorant rants.

Until now, none of my posts on this thread have been combative or condoscending, unfortunately the same could not be said for you. I guess when your questioned you'll stoop to the childish rants as usual.

Again, with the fuzzy math. half of 50% is 25%, so your 30% number is close to half of the population which again is what I questioned no matter how much you want to tap dance around your bogus stats, there it is.

Now back once again to my question since your pulling stats out of who know's where. What are the % of the other races? And for the record (now your straight out LYING) Show in ANY of my posts on this matter where I accused you of stating ALL or most? Go back and re-read..leave the math alone and brush up on your reading skills.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Yes you did say most. Thirty percent is most you lying sac o cr@p.

- BlackandPround

Let me save you the trouble.

Wow...and there it is...The Angry personal attack by Reelist in Atlanta...
Actually, i'll help you with the ENTIRE post with my question on your comment.
Seek help instead of LYING and stooping to the personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta
Of course Tindo is the one who is angry. I am not angry and I'm not angry with blacks. I am angry with blacks who behave the way these people did in Denver.

I guess its acceptable if this type of behavior is shown by whites or hispanics? If the prosecutors have enough evidence to turn this case over to the Federal court system to be charged as a hate crime, then they need to do that. If not, then at least they could be charged for a Gang related crime, which (not sure about Denver but at least here in NJ) carries more time than "simple assault".

The mindset exhibited by those in Denver seems to exist in a fairly large segment of the black community and seems to be defended by many blacks on this forum.

I have yet to see anyone on C-D support, condone, excuse or defend racial violence or violence as a whole, what I do see from folks on C-D is providing their opinion and or assumptions on matters seen in the news. Explain what you mean by large segment of blacks?

For Tindo:

No I don't mean all blacks. In fact I'm not even talking about most blacks.
If your not talking about most blacks, explain what you mean by a large segment of blacks

At most I'm talking about maybe 25% or 30% of blacks but I have no real idea of the exact number. It just seem like a lot.

Can you provide information on where you received your percentage? How many of these folks have you spoken to personally. Its one thing to give your opinion on a matter, but you continue to throw out unsupported stats.

Special note for Tindo:

'a lot' does not mean all or even most.

Tindo needs special education here on CD. We can call it the 'Tindo disclaimer'.

- Reel

Old 12-09-2009, 05:56 PM

69 posts, read 63,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Where are the black forum members?

Cospicuously silient, that's for sure. But they sure don't mind chiming in when there's a perceived "wrong" perpetrated against black people.
I'm not. I don't have a problem with this...

Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So instead of answer the questions i've posed to you several times, you've chosen to do the personal attack, there is no need for me to waste an emotion like ANGER on you, but nice try in deflecting and stooping to ignorant rants.

Until now, none of my posts on this thread have been combative or condoscending, unfortunately the same could not be said for you. I guess when your questioned you'll stoop to the childish rants as usual.

Again, with the fuzzy math. half of 50% is 25%, so your 30% number is close to half of the population which again is what I questioned no matter how much you want to tap dance around your bogus stats, there it is.

Now back once again to my question since your pulling stats out of who know's where. What are the % of the other races? And for the record (now your straight out LYING) Show in ANY of my posts on this matter where I accused you of stating ALL or most? Go back and re-read..leave the math alone and brush up on your reading skills.
He has not attacked you. You, on the other hand, have called him a name and lobbed numerous insults, for which you have been reported.

As for your math -- 30% is not "close to half," but rather, 30% is close to one-quarter.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:00 PM

69 posts, read 36,033 times
Quote:
So instead of answer the questions i\'ve posed to you several times, you\'ve chosen to do the personal attack, there is no need for me to waste an emotion like ANGER on you, but nice try in deflecting and stooping to ignorant rants.

Until now, none of my posts on this thread have been combative or condoscending, unfortunately the same could not be said for you. I guess when your questioned you\'ll stoop to the childish rants as usual.

Now back once again to my question since your pulling stats out of who know\'s where. What are the % of the other races? And for the record (now your straight out LYING) Show in ANY of my posts on this matter where I accused you of stating ALL or most? Go back and re-read..leave the math alone and brush up on your reading skills.
I think ANGER has gotten into this with you. Reel was closer to 1/3 percent than anything which does not quantify as \"most\". Not taking sides, but have been reading through this.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
He has not attacked you. You, on the other hand, have called him a name and lobbed numerous insults, for which you have been reported.

As for your math -- 30% is not "close to half," but rather, 30% is close to one-quarter.

I have...then maybe you or the MOD could point out the name I called someone that just stooped to an insult that should really be an infraction according to C-D rules. I guess you didn't get around to reporting that.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
I think ANGER has gotten into this with you. Reel was closer to 1/3 percent than anything which does not quantify as \"most\". Not taking sides, but have been reading through this.
Wait so posing questions to someone's post is showing Anger? Interesting. Asking someone to provide information on stats which is the norm here on C-D is showing Anger? Interesting. Correcting a statement someone claims you made is showing anger? But calling someone a lying sack of .... IS not? Interesting.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 PM

69 posts, read 36,033 times
Quote:
Wait so posing questions to someone\'s post is showing Anger? Interesting. Asking someone to provide information on stats which is the norm here on C-D is showing Anger? Interesting. Correcting a statement someone claims you made is showing anger? But calling someone a lying sack of .... IS not? Interesting.
I was talking about none of that, you were. All I said was the anger wasn\'t letting you think properly and compute 30% compared to the metaphor \"most\".

Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
I was talking about none of that, you were. All I said was the anger wasn\'t letting you think properly and compute 30% compared to the metaphor \"most\".

And you've labeled me Angry because like other's on C-D, I chose to take someone's statement and turn it into a question? Again I say Interesting. But someone stooping to personal attacks is not considered Angry...again interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies