Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,751,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Well, I've got to say, I was surprised and impressed at her good behavior right up until the only snide remark at the end. Can't say as I blame her; I say the same thing at the end of O'Reilly (self promoting piece o' crap). I was impressed. The OP made it sound like a battle royal but was right "This is by far one of her best nights". But she still had a pinhead in the chair.
I did, lol ? Were you expecting Rachel to yell and throw insults like Bill O'Reilly or Michael Savage? If you watched Rachel normally like I do, you would know that she never uses those type of tactics (and doesn't need to) and will usually give her guest who maybe on the opposite end of the political spectrum to clarify their position. The way she "battles" people like this is hitting them with hard facts and giving them enough rope to hang themselves, just like she did last night with this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
I heard to boost her ratings they are giving her a partner, Chaz Bono!! I got you babe:!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,885,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
I did, lol ? Were you expecting Rachel to yell and throw insults like Bill O'Reilly or Michael Savage? If you watched Rachel normally like I do, you would know that she never uses those type of tactics (and doesn't need to) and will usually give her guest who maybe on the opposite end of the political spectrum to clarify their position. The way she "battles" people like this is hitting them with hard facts and giving them enough rope to hang themselves, just like she did last night with this guy.
Actually I find her quite passionate but peppering her passion with sarcasm, condecension, and smarmy retorts. I have watched her and don't enjoy her. Actually, I don't like any of them. Well, I do tolerate Hannity & Colmes (miss him). I'd rather watch/listen to the BBC for news than to watch sarcasm on Fox, MSNBC, et al. Sort of like what passes here for debate ("Bet they watch Fox fro the news" and lke that)

Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I heard to boost her ratings they are giving her a partner, Chaz Bono!! I got you babe:!
Gee that would be funny. If that was funny.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

I agree. Ms. Maddow was exceptionally professional during this interview.
I was quite impressed with her ability to maintain her composure during his Stepford-like dissembling.
She did indeed, rock that interview. Just a small correction, though; it's Dr. Maddow. And she his highly credentialed in the field of politics.
A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[12] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree (styled a DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.
And Dr. Maddow has one of the best investigative research teams of any news organization. She and her staff dig so deep into stories that they expose buried maggots no one ever thought would see the light of day.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,204 times
Quote:
Actually I find her quite passionate but peppering her passion with sarcasm, condecension, and smarmy retorts. I have watched her and don't enjoy her.
You're confusing her stump time with her interviewing. Big difference. She certainly can show her own bias during her stumps...But she is an excellent interviewer. Who as you can see is quite fair and respectful. Her interviews are very much like what you saw today. And no one else does their homework more thoroughly than does Rachel Maddow.

Quote:
Actually, I don't like any of them. Well, I do tolerate Hannity & Colmes (miss him).
I have to take issue here. Alan Colmes was nothing more than a patsy for Hannity.

Hannity is a terrible interviewer. Talk about condescending and arrogant...

Old 12-09-2009, 05:23 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I'm betting that you think if you talk to a gay person that you are afraid they will try to recruit you.

LOLOL It really is pretty funny. Especially that you take this site as credible. Newsmax and Worldnut Daily are iconic compared to this trash heap.
No, she is afraid she will finally give in to those urges....

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Gee that would be funny. If that was funny.
It might not be funny but neither is a train wreck. I t would be an interesting dynamic though, I wonder if Chaz has got his man voice yet? think about it they would have all the bases covered, 2 women , one women and one, ahem... guy, and 2 guys, is Maddow the boy or the girl in her deal?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You're disgusting.
how ironic..........

Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
It might not be funny but neither is a train wreck. I t would be an interesting dynamic though, I wonder if Chaz has got his man voice yet? think about it they would have all the bases covered, 2 women , one women and one, ahem... guy, and 2 guys, is Maddow the boy or the girl in her deal?
I can tell you're following the story about Chaz Bono quite closely. Are you thinking of having a similar surgery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies