Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_z8D...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 AM

805 posts, read 1,509,903 times

The definitions speak for themselves...some just don't bother opening the dictionary anymore.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:26 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
yep byrd, jesse helms, lee atwater, richard nixon(the anti jewish and negro ranting tapes), reagan, trent lott. willie horton and a slew of others who are ex democrats now republicans but always conservative.. any cosnervative republicn whos responsible for turning the republican party into the party of the south from the 60's to the present

a few white liberals too, the jealous ones(reid)
Jealolus of what? You should explain yourself better. Also, if blacks are racist because of what happened in the past, how will things ever get better? If you are raised in a household that holds grudges, you will too. Just like whites that are raised in a family that is racist. Then, the racism just keeps perpetuating itself over and over. We all have to somehow learn to learn to look at all people as individuals not a race. I have run into racism of all kinds, and it is disturbing no matter who is practicing it.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
The definitions speak for themselves...some just don't bother opening the dictionary anymore.
Thats interesting, I always thought that in order to be racist you had to have power over another and be able to do what you want over them
Learn something new everyday

Old 01-23-2010, 07:27 PM

133 posts, read 308,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I always thought racism was "color-blind" in the sense that anyone can think, speak, feel, and act in a racist manner against someone who is of a different race, that no one race is immune from it.

So why is that white people are the only targets of being labelled racist?

Do you think blacks CANNOT be racist?

No, some blacks are racist as are some whites.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Jealolus of what? You should explain yourself better. Also, if blacks are racist because of what happened in the past, how will things ever get better? If you are raised in a household that holds grudges, you will too. Just like whites that are raised in a family that is racist. Then, the racism just keeps perpetuating itself over and over. We all have to somehow learn to learn to look at all people as individuals not a race. I have run into racism of all kinds, and it is disturbing no matter who is practicing it.
It may multiply itself, but not necessarily to the same intensity. While racism still exists in America, it's not as culturally-strong as it was in the 50's 60's.

Obama would've NEVER been elected in the 50's 60's

Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
Why was there no outcry when this guy was one of the key speakers at the million man march?

He is just as racist as David Duke.

Last edited by other99; 01-23-2010 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: editing

Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
How about real definition oh I dont know like from a dictionary

Definition
racist noun

/ˈreɪ.sɪst/ n [C] (UK old-fashioned

disapproving

someone who believes that other races are not as good as their own and therefore treats them unfairly

(Definition of racist noun from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

racist - Definition of racist noun from Cambridge Dictionary Online: Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus

Old 01-23-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
What incredible bull**** and awe-inspiring hypocrisy. Some of the arguments being made on this thread are born out of sheer ignorance.

Prejudice: an untoward bias against or dislike of another race.

Racism: the belief that ones race is superior and that all others are inferior.

Blacks can definitely be racists. I have met so many blacks that think that their **** doesn’t stink the least little bit. When I was living in Atlanta I actually heard blacks talking about how silly and stupid white people are. I’ve actually been told to my face by black psuedo-intellectuals that Caucasians are an inferior race and that they could prove it scientifically. Come to think of it, I heard a lot of bat **** crazy nonsense during my time in Atlanta.

Glad to be back in The Lone Star State.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies