Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Perhaps they can sell that choice for a voluntary snip. I'd go for that.
Perhaps women can sell their choice of abortion for a voluntary couple of snips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 12:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Of course Im not in favor of forced abortion...just as Im not in favor of forced childbearing. That is a woman's choice.

Im not trying to force anyone to carry a child or anything else. Im saying regardless of what the mother chooses to do with her child or body when she knows she is pregnant, fathers should equally be able to choose what to do with their body after a being notified of a pregnancy. Thats all.

Mothers could still choose to do whatever they'd like with their bodies.

Im saying that fathers (meaning AFTER learning of a pregnancy) should be able to choose to do whatever they'd like with their body, to also determine the best future for themselves.

so would you support the man's choice if he was in a relationship with a woman, they get pregnant, neither one is really planned on having a baby but the woman can't get an abortion because that is her moral value and takes the pregnancy yo term, that the man should be able to walk away without any responsibility for the child?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so would you support the man's choice if he was in a relationship with a woman, they get pregnant, neither one is really planned on having a baby but the woman can't get an abortion because that is her moral value and takes the pregnancy yo term, that the man should be able to walk away without any responsibility for the child?

How would this be different then a women using adoption and safe haven laws?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Thats the kicker, morals are subjective.

If married women have a right to an abortion, and they do, then their husband should have the right to not be a father if he so chooses.

Of course this would probably end the marriage, but thats a different matter entirely.

Lets turn your question around. If a married woman gets pregnant, and wants an abortion, and the husband doesn't, what right does he have? None, and he shouldn't be able to tell her what to do with her body. Same thing though, she can't tell him what he can do with his body.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:57 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then get sterilized or be protected.

Or, yes, don't have sex with someone unless you're willing to bear the price of your playing.
As has been posted in the numerous threads on this topic, the statistics for men who do not pay child support even when ordered to do so for the state.
If men, in general, were so interested in keeping a woman pregnant, they’d be more than willing to pay for play.

Unfortunately, they’re not.
Firstly, I just want to say, that everything that Im advocating for men, I advocate for women. Both men and women should individually be able to determine whether they will accept responsibility for their offspring after pregnancy occurs. Whether that be through abortion, adoption or the refusal of parental obligations.

So in that same vein, I apply the ethos of equality: I too recommend that if men OR women dont want to support a child they each need to be sterilized or use contraception/protection.

Quote:
Poor whiny baby.
When you carry the fetus in your body, you get the say; until then, not so much.
Don’t like it, don’t have sex.
It’s quite simple and you have the control (or not).
lmao @ poor whiny baby. I dont want any say over a fetus. Im saying that fathers should have a say over themselves after a mother becomes pregnant. Why do you make this sound like a contest? Its not, it should about two individual parties making the best decisions for her or hisself after pregnancy occurs.

Quote:
Unless you want the woman to be a slave to you (as apparently you do) it’s not equal.
The point is moot; you continue to beat a dead horse.
lol...how do you come to the conclusion that I want a woman to be a slave to me? Where have I said that I want women to be slaves to me?..lol..you're kind of hilarious

Quote:
If a man doesn't want to pay the price, he should keep his sperm to himself. That's the only issue here; his issue. Once he deposits his sperm, he's responsible for the result. Don't like it, don't play
I dont understand why you keep portraying women as helpless victims of mens' sperm. Couldnt it be said that once she ovulates or menstruates or whatnot that she is also responsible for the results? That was what DblDeez used to justify why women should be able to determine what men do with their bodies.

But we dont force women to do anything with their bodies that they dont want to do, simply because they are sex that menstruates or ovulates. Nor do we simply tell them that if they didnt want us to control their bodies, "dont play"...so in the interest of equality, I think we should allow the same freedom to men. If they play, they should be afforded several options to determine whether they will accept their obligation to care for their offspring.

Quote:
Cursing? I thought that it was descriptive term for having sex.
call it what you want no big deal..just curious.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
How would this be different then a women using adoption and safe haven laws?
because she keeps the baby

Old 12-15-2009, 01:01 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think the point of that vid is that all these people are idiots (men and women). I don't want to take care of them or their brood, who will no doubt follow the exact same paths.

True.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

If married women have a right to an abortion, and they do, then their husband should have the right to not be a father if he so chooses.

Of course this would probably end the marriage, but thats a different matter entirely.

Lets turn your question around. If a married woman gets pregnant, and wants an abortion, and the husband doesn't, what right does he have? None, and he shouldn't be able to tell her what to do with her body. Same thing though, she can't tell him what he can do with his body.
in this case to the marriage would probably end in divorce as well. the problem comes in to play when the man doesn't want the child and the woman does. should she have to have an abortion? no
you hit it on the nail head when you said morals, most of the men that have a hard time with supporting a child, even one they didn't want seem to not really have a care about what their own actions may bring. they rarely use protection and they can always walk away, and most often do. birth control does fail however we are mostly talking about irresponsibility. you can't make irresponsible people responsible. people like that I am glad we have dead beat dad laws. it is a no win situation and I think because the woman bears the burden of the pregnancy and raising the child, it is a small price to pay for a man to have to hit the hip and shell out a few dollars every month...if in fact they can find him

Old 12-15-2009, 01:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Perhaps women can sell their choice of abortion for a voluntary couple of snips.
I'd go for that as well. I can't say I'm terribly impressed with most people breeding.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:

Nothing happens to a man's body...except that transgenered guy in the news a few months back. Is that why you're winking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies