Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,669 times

Advertisements

I don't usually like to give these non-issues too much attention, but since i don't watch tv, all i have seen lately is the Tiger Woods issue on the internet.

Woods, proved he is a human being no different than the rest of us.

The real question should not center around Tiger's "cheating heart," but on whether the act of "marriage" and coupling is a natural behavior for the human being?

Would human beings without legislation, that makes it advantageous to get married and stay coupled to one individual for long periods of time engage in this behavior if they were "free people?"

Is the real reason we have such a high divorce rate, due to the fact, that through society and propaganda, we have attempted to force an unnatural union between human beings that is not in accords with the natural law of human beings?

Clearly for some portion of the population marriage and long term coupling works, but the devastation, stress, humiliation, guilt, and all of the other assorted legislative stresses, that come from legal coupling, seem to outweigh a lot of the benefits?

When Human Beings seek to tamper with the natural moral order, it seems to almost always do much more harm then good. Does anyone else feel this way?

Is legislation and societal propaganda that make marriage profitable to engage in the real problem?

(by profitable i mean society treats you with more respect, there of financial laws that are at your benefit, and there are a number of overall positive incentives done via legislation to make long term coupling a reality, that most would like to engage in)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 11:29 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Frankly I am sick of hearing about it and seeing it splashed on every front page across the country.
This is an issue between Tiger & his wife.

As far as "the act of "marriage" and coupling is a natural behavior for the human being?"

There are many many married couples who have never cheated on each other..it works for some and for some it doesn't

Old 12-10-2009, 12:59 PM

51 posts, read 110,515 times
I think most married men secretly envy Tiger wishing they could have (secret affairs) with all those beautiful women. The average Joe does not have a chance. Maybe that's a good thing.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
I don't usually like to give these non-issues too much attention, but since i don't watch tv, all i have seen lately is the Tiger Woods issue on the internet.

The real question should not center around Tiger's "cheating heart," but on whether the act of "marriage" and coupling is a natural behavior for the human being?

Would human beings without legislation, that makes it advantageous to get married and stay coupled to one individual for long periods of time engage in this behavior if they were "free people?"

Is the real reason we have such a high divorce rate, due to the fact, that through society and propaganda, we have attempted to force an unnatural union between human beings that is not in accords with the natural law of human beings?

Clearly for some portion of the population marriage and long term coupling works, but the devastation, stress, humiliation, guilt, and all of the other assorted legislative stresses, that come from legal coupling, seem to outweigh a lot of the benefits?

When Human Beings seek to tamper with the natural moral order, it seems to almost always do much more harm then good. Does anyone else feel this way?

Is legislation and societal propaganda that make marriage profitable to engage in the real problem?

(by profitable i mean society treats you with more respect, there of financial laws that are at your benefit, and there are a number of overall positive incentives done via legislation to make long term coupling a reality, that most would like to engage in)

The BIG problem, that non-golfers do not understand, is that golf is a game of integrity and honesty and his behavior has violated the basic premise of the game. Being called a "cheater" in golf is the very worst thing that someone can be. It is accepted to be a little brash, arrogant, or aloof, but if one is a cheater, they are out of the club.

1. Tiger's off the course behavior is a confirmation of less than ethical behavior which violates the premise of the game and therefore his conduct will be viewed with increased suspicion in the future, both on and off the course. Golf is a game of personal honor- Tiger's betrayal of his wife multiple times detracts from that image.

2. The tradition of golfers has been the characters of Jones, Sneed, Hogan, Nicklaus, and Palmer- all family men who held up in thier private lives the public image they portrayed. Only Walter Hagen was given a pass on his behavior, as he was unmarried during his raucus times.

3. Golf is played, viewed, and supported by individuals and buisnesses that do not condone "ghetto" type behavior. That may be perfectly fine for the NBA, but does not play well on the PGA.

My son has a Tiger Woods autographed photo from his US Amatuer victory 15 years ago at Pumpkin Ridge. He took it down from the wall of his bedroom and put it in the closet. Photos of Nicklaus and Palmer remain up.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM

134 posts, read 412,882 times
If Tiger Woods wanted to fool around he had no business getting married!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:11 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times
Tiger smiles in the most conceded, insincere way it's almost scarey. He reminds me of judge Sonia Maijor.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:10 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post

I honestly feel sad for you, because you apparently will never know the amazing amount of happiness that millions and millions of us find with our wives/husbands. There's nothing unnatural about it. Some are meant to be married, some not. But those of us that find true love with our spouse never regret it.

Cheating isn't natural human behavior. It's selfishness. Marriage isn't about sex. The sex can be great, but it's so much deeper than that. Those out for just sex can't understand.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:27 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridachic View Post
I think most married men secretly envy Tiger wishing they could have (secret affairs) with all those beautiful women. The average Joe does not have a chance. Maybe that's a good thing.
If I had Tiger's money , jet and golf talent, I would take a vow of celebacy ....no lie

Old 12-19-2009, 07:47 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Ah, the argument of nature over socialization...

Old 12-19-2009, 11:55 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
1) What led to such increased divorce rates is feminism and individualism, two bold social trends of the last 50 years.
2) Humans by nature are social animals. For millennia we lived in extended families (or clans) with one leading male, several females and their children. Other social mammals benefit from this formula, which provides best protection for future generations.
3) Deep economic and social reforms in the last century broke away with this old order, but failed to provide an alternative. Today the social chaos rules. Maybe we are in a transitional period, but before we get to another stable social order, children suffer most in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies