Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:49 PM

160 posts, read 161,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Whats wrong with being Politically INCORRECT?

I mean seriously, isn\'t that what our First Amendment protects? Why do we have to always watch what we say because we might \"offend\" someone?

I am a firm believer in those that are easily offended, aren\'t offended enough.

What are your thoughts?
I share your insight as well. Political correctness was devised by the left to put a facade on the truth. It is politically incorrect to say the truth as the truth. It has to be dressed up or not mentioned at all. Its ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNiceGuysHusband View Post
just another part of the sissification of America.The sensitive new age liberal needs something to shield themselves from raw ,brutal truth that they are inherently incapable of handling.
exactly

Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
So if you walk up to a kid with Down's Syndrome and call him a retard, or a kid in a wheelchair and call him a crip because that's how you really feel, that's OK?

Got it. It's only unacceptable if you're doing it to be mean. If you're doing it because that's how you feel, then it's OK.

Welcome to the world of the loony Right.
That's an intelligent (and copied) response. Yes...that's what I'm saying. I think we should just pick on retarded and disabled kids. Maybe I'll start with all the Down's people I know (to include a cousin) and a couple of my friends who happen to be paraplegics. If you and others who give "retarded" examples like this think this is what others are saying, then there is NO way to explain it to you. It's pointless to even engage in conversation about it.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I do understand where the need to be Politically Correct may come in. BUT at the same time, it is also important to LIMIT it.

I think it is there because some people want to take it too far and call all Muslim terrorists or call all Latino people illegal immigrants.

But at the same time, if a Muslim terrorists does a terrorist attack, I do not see the harm in letting people know it was a Muslim who did it. I am not ashamed of letting people know it was a Muslim who blew this up or did that or this. Just like I am not afraid of saying African American communities are most crime ridden. Those are FACTS. Cannot be disputed. But when people go out of line to just give a Muslim a hard time who is simply here and living their life, that is wrong.

You get my drift?
slurs and slanders are a whole different animal than being politically incorrect.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
That\'s an intelligent (and copied) response. Yes...that\'s what I\'m saying. I think we should just pick on retarded and disabled kids. Maybe I\'ll start with all the Down\'s people I know (to include a cousin) and a couple of my friends who happen to be paraplegics. If you and others who give \"retarded\" examples like this think this is what others are saying, then there is NO way to explain it to you. It\'s pointless to even engage in conversation about it.
It like this on every subject.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
If you cant guess whats wrong with PC, start using the N word in public, as often as you want. Then start calling jewish people the K word. See how people respond to you.

Doesnt take a genious to figure out what will happen. Sad that some people want to 'bring back the old days' where that was expectable.
YOUR TALKING ABOUT A DIFFERENT THING! No one is saying this. Why the hell don't people understand this? And it's G-E-N-I-U-S.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
It like this on every subject.
Maybe I'm the idiot for thinking people would know the difference.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
slurs and slanders are a whole different animal than being politically incorrect.
I don't know how many times this can be said or explained. I feel like I'm looking at a dog listening to a radio or something.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:05 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
YOUR TALKING ABOUT A DIFFERENT THING! No one is saying this. Why the hell don't people understand this? And it's G-E-N-I-U-S.
What do you consider 'politically correct', then? Lets see a specified definition for what some here are touting that they hate so much.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:12 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
PC has has gone way overboard. You can't say blind, it is now sight challenged, not deaf, hearing challenged, not short vertically challenged. Get a life. And why is it always if you don't use one of the new PC phrases you are accused of hatred?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies