Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times

Advertisements

Whats wrong with being Politically INCORRECT?

I mean seriously, isn't that what our First Amendment protects? Why do we have to always watch what we say because we might "offend" someone?

I am a firm believer in those that are easily offended, aren't offended enough.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 PM

433 posts, read 261,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post

I mean seriously, isn't that what our First Amendment protects? Why do we have to always watch what we say because we might "offend" someone?

What are your thoughts?

The 1st amendment does has limitations...They begin when you start infringing on other peoples rights.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 PM

28 posts, read 16,919 times
just another part of the sissification of America.The sensitive new age liberal needs something to shield themselves from raw ,brutal truth that they are inherently incapable of handling.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Not always but most of the time threads like this are just people upset that people think they're douches. Sure, it is fun to be a douche sometimes but don't get outraged when other people think you're a douche.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
I do understand where the need to be Politically Correct may come in. BUT at the same time, it is also important to LIMIT it.

I think it is there because some people want to take it too far and call all Muslim terrorists or call all Latino people illegal immigrants.

But at the same time, if a Muslim terrorists does a terrorist attack, I do not see the harm in letting people know it was a Muslim who did it. I am not ashamed of letting people know it was a Muslim who blew this up or did that or this. Just like I am not afraid of saying African American communities are most crime ridden. Those are FACTS. Cannot be disputed. But when people go out of line to just give a Muslim a hard time who is simply here and living their life, that is wrong.

You get my drift?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNiceGuysHusband View Post
just another part of the sissification of America.The sensitive new age liberal needs something to shield themselves from raw ,brutal truth that they are inherently incapable of handling.
So walk up to a kid with Down's syndrome and proceed to call him stupid ...how about a kid in a wheel chair...you NEED to call him a crip? A geek? You obviously have to do things like that to prove you're not a sissy....but your ID??? You're the husband of MRS. Niceguy....which of you is male???

Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 PM

689 posts, read 742,690 times
Quote:

What are your thoughts?
Nothing. I bought into the "we should be sensitive" b.s., but now I think...F*** that. This country has been wussed down so far it's unreal. "EVERYONE" has an f-ing cause or an f-ing problem/issue. I'm not saying to be mean to people that you disagree with, but people need to start being called on their excuses and pure wussyitis. We've enabled the drunk long enough. It's time for an intervention...and it comes with being honest regardless if it hurts someones feelings.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 PM

689 posts, read 742,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So walk up to a kid with Down's syndrome and proceed to call him stupid ...how about a kid in a wheel chair...you NEED to call him a crip? A geek? You obviously have to do things like that to prove you're not a sissy....but your ID??? You're the husband of MRS. Niceguy....which of you is male???
There's a huge difference with what you are saying. You're talking about being mean for the sake of doing so.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Nothing at all. Are you feeling guilty about something you've said?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
There's a huge difference with what you are saying. You're talking about being mean for the sake of doing so.
That's the POINT.

PC is simply being CONSIDERATE of others...a concept foreign , sissy, and weak to Repugs.

But to decent people there's nothing weak about being respectful and considerate.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies