Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times

Advertisements

I'm a conservative and a Republican but not a Right Wing zealot. This is why I've been saying that Beck is nothing but detrimental to the conservative movement. He is an idiot. Beck is essentially comparing Tiger to OJ because both are Black and have whites spouses. It's people like Glenn Beck that forced many of our intelligent members to flee to the Democratic party because our party was becoming too fanatical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You missed the point. Must be that denial thingy.
Well, as a liberal you would be an expert on denial....

Old 12-11-2009, 10:20 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Emphasizing Chris Rock's above video...
Chris Rock is a stand-up comedian. Beck is a political commentator. Beck, Limbaugh and Coulter are fond of saying, "Just kidding" when confronted. Like I said, rationalization and denial. Sorry, it doesn't work.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Well, as a liberal you would be an expert on denial....

I'm not a liberal, but nice try. Take your head out of the black-and-white sand. That is, unless the new definition of liberal is "sane and reasonable."

Call me some other names. "Liberal" is so boring.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:23 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
And Chris Rock talks about politics too. Beck has never been the spokesman of any party despite what your puppet masters tell you. Even in the recent Gallup Poll the "Tea Party" was a fictional option to see where people stand. You and your cohorts are the irrational ones that enjoy partaking in straw-men contest.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Chris Rock is a stand-up comedian. Beck is a political commentator. Beck, Limbaugh and Coulter are fond of saying, "Just kidding" when confronted. Like I said, rationalization and denial. Sorry, it doesn't work.
I know but you have to admit it is quite funny. They always play the "Yeah I was just joking or kidding around" instead of admitting they were wrong. It's rather comical

Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
And Chris Rock talks about politics too.
So does SNL. Chris Rock and SNL don't claim to be giving serious political commentary. Beck does. Coulter is the worst. When confronted about her "blow up the NYT building" statement, she hid behind the "It was just a joke" excuse.
Quote:
Beck has never been the spokesman of any party despite what your puppet masters tell you. Even in the recent Gallup Poll the "Tea Party" was a fictional option to see where people stand. You and your cohorts are the irrational ones that enjoy partaking in straw-men contest.

Aw...did somebody hurt your feelings?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
And Chris Rock talks about politics too. Beck has never been the spokesman of any party despite what your puppet masters tell you. Even in the recent Gallup Poll the "Tea Party" was a fictional option to see where people stand. You and your cohorts are the irrational ones that enjoy partaking in straw-men contest.
Oh please, we both know Beck speaks on behalf of the Republican party. These conservative talk show hosts deiberately avoid associating themselves with any particular party because they don't want to be a target of it's downfalls. That way if the Republicans screw up, they can say "See I told you so, the Republicans are terrible and don't represent our voice" It's just a cheap move. And this isn't just Beck. Hannity, O'reilly...they all play this card. Only an idiot would believe Beck is anything but a Republican. That's not to say he agrees with everything the Republicans do but he is not libertarian or an independent.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Oh please, we both know Beck speaks on behalf of the Republican party. These conservative talk show hosts deiberately avoid associating themselves with any particular party because they don't want to be a target of it's downfalls. That way if the Republicans screw up, they can say "See I told you so, the Republicans are terrible and don't represent our voice" It's just a cheap move. And this isn't just Beck. Hannity, O'reilly...they all play this card. Only an idiot would believe Beck is anything but a Republican. That's not to say he agrees with everything the Republicans do but he is not libertarian or an independent.
So Olberman, Maddow and Matthews speak on behalf of the democratic party?

"Ohh please.."

Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
Geez, Beck and Rush are really showing their true colors this week aren't they? Any controversy involving a black man seems to automatically send those two into fits of racial stereotyping.

They have got to realize that this kind of rhetoric is damaging to Republicans and conservatives. It's common sense that Republicans are not going to be able to win elections if they can't attract minority voters. Even though neither are (currently) running for office, their influence on the perception of the Republican party can't be denied.

I can't believe how many conservatives continue to support these guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies