Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 03:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
EVERYTHING you post reeks of IMMENSE HATE. The last part of your post on your segregation tangent is one of the single most DISGUSTING things I have EVER read on this forum, and that truly is saying quite a bit. The saddest part is you don't even realize how much hate and hostility you have inside of you. You have already mentioned that you would tell your daughter you would disown her if she married a black guy (you said you probably wouldn't actually disown her, but the fact you would even think of saying something like that to your own kids is beyond the pail). So I have another question for you (which I will probably be sickened by the response). Would you ban your kids from hanging out with black friends or having black friends come over your house?
Let me explain something to you, there are many different ways to try to deter people from doing something. Police try to "intimidate" teenagers with threats of prison or jail(even when the police know they are minors and that they won't really be in any real trouble). My mother is mormon and they don't believe in getting tattoo's. When I told her I thought about getting one she was so distressed that she told me she would disown me if I got one. Do you really think she would? And I am sure there are plenty of parents that try to put a big foot down in disapproval of something their kids might do, but there are very few people that would actually follow through with what they say. I don't agree with interracial marriage, and I would do whatever it takes to deter any of my children from marrying outside of their race. I don't believe that I am some kind of terrible person because I don't want my child to ruin her life.

I had plenty of black friends growing up. I don't dislike black people. In fact, I grew up very resentful of my grandmother because she was very racist, and didn't want me to "play" with my black neighbors. And I had several "redneck" friends in high school that used to say the "N" word all the time, and I cringe every time I hear it. I think it is crude and hateful.

I just don't really understand why segregation is such a terrible thing. Why does a desire for segregation have to mean that you don't like other races? The desire for segregation I think is good for all parties involved. I think it would be good for hispanics, it would be good for asians, it would be good for whites, and it would be good for blacks. It would be good to preserve cultures, it would help lower crime, it would be good to unite communities, it would be good politically, there wouldn't be anymore racial discrimination, no race riots, no race anything.

Do you really think it is a good idea to stick an orthodox jew, an evangelical christian, and a radical muslim in the same neighborhood? I realize "Race" is believed by many to be different than religion and culture. But what is the most seggregated place in America? Church.

Why many Americans prefer their Sundays segregated - CNN.com

The truth is, America's segregation policies were never a bad thing. The problem always was, that it wasn't equal. The segregation policies and things like the "black wall street" burning were intended to hold blacks down, and treat them as second-class citizens. If blacks had their own country that was all for themselves. They wouldn't have to worry about white racism, they wouldn't have to be treated as second-class citizens. They wouldn't be relegated to shoe-shiners or maids, etc.

The problem is that, people don't want to give up any territory. Do you really think the whites in Georgia or South Carolina are ready to just get up and leave? I mean, look at South Africa, do you really think it is a good idea for there to be any white people in that country at all? There are tons of white farmers that are being murdered all over that country, as well as a ridiculous crime rate and huge racial tensions. Wouldn't it be better if all whites just left that country? In my opinion, any white living in that country is a damn idiot.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 02-05-2010 at 03:29 AM..

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
That is wonderful that you are an exception and not the rule, wouldn't it be wonderful if the whole world ran off exceptions? So read the above post, especially in regards to statistics.

That would be like saying, the ghetto is perfectly safe because I lived there and I never was the victim of violence. That would be like saying that rapes don't even happen because I have never been raped. That is like saying drugs aren't a problem in our public schools because I went to public schools or my children went to public schools and we don't have drug problems.

You people and your ridiculous logic is mind-boggling to me.
You still haven't provided any statistics regarding interracial marriage success rates. I asked you to do so some time ago.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,979 times
Ooops, I totally forgot! Both of my older sisters are in interracial marriages as well. One lives in Colorado and has been married for 14 years, the other lives in Oregon and has been married for 11 years. Both are also happily married and their kids are all excelling in school as well. (I live in Texas by the way)

Kinda funny that I actually forgot about this aspect of their marriages.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:54 AM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's not a troll at all. He's contributed a lot of good information to the discussion. Many you're having a quiet laugh, but many others (like me) are quietly nodding in agreement with many of his statements.
Recalling some of the racially-tinged posts you've put out in recent times, one would not be the least bit surprised.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Lightbulb Why do some people oppose interracial relationships?

Some people suffer a severe personality defect known as "right wing authritarianism" and simply cannot tolerate anything outside their concept of what's normal.

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. It is defined by three attitudinal and behavioral clusters which correlate together:[1][2]
  1. Authoritarian submission — a high degree of submissiveness to the authorities who are perceived to be established and legitimate in the society in which one lives.
  2. Authoritarian aggression — a general aggressiveness directed against deviants, outgroups, and other people that are perceived to be targets according to established authorities.
  3. Conventionalism — a high degree of adherence to the traditions and social norms that are perceived to be endorsed by society and its established authorities, and a belief that others in one's society should also be required to adhere to these norms
Right-wing authoritarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You still haven't provided any statistics regarding interracial marriage success rates. I asked you to do so some time ago.
Most of the relationship statistics can be found in this huge CDC report. But it does not go over individual races in its overall interracial statistics. And I will explain why that is important below.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_23/sr23_022.pdf

This article goes into much more detail in interracial breakdowns, it has information about specific race/race statistics.

Interracial Divorce in the U.S. – Statistics and How Much They Matter

"Black husband/white wife marriages are twice as likely to divorce as white/white marriages, and Asian husband/white wife marriages are about 60% more likely to divorce as white/white marriages."

But....

"White husband/black wife were nearly 50% less likely to divorce than white/white couples, and white husband/Asian wife couples had pretty much the same divorce rate as white/white couples."

"Interracial marriages that have one white person and one person of another race mostly only show higher divorce rates when the white spouse is a female (i.e. white guy + other race girl don’t show particularly high divorce rates compared to same-race couples)."

That darn white husband/black wife statistic is the only blaring exception to the "interracial is bad" rule. And personally, I still can't understand it.

I would also like to add that, black people are roughly half as likely to get married as a white person in the first place.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032500029.html

And that almost 70% of all black women are single when they have their child, compared to 25% for white women. Which probably means that black interracial marriages are undoubtedly skewing the numbers. If there was no interracial relationships, the numbers for white women would undoubtedly be lower, and the numbers for black women would undoubtedly be higher.

http://family.jrank.org/pages/1574/Single-Parent-Families-Demographic-Trends.html

And why am I worried?

The United States has the highest percentage of single-parent families (34% in 1998) among developed countries, followed by Canada (22%), Australia (20%), and Denmark (19%).

Is anyone going to see the problem for what it is, or are you going to sit around making excuses?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 02-05-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Let me explain something to you, there are many different ways to try to deter people from doing something. Police try to "intimidate" teenagers with threats of prison or jail(even when the police know they are minors and that they won't really be in any real trouble). My mother is mormon and they don't believe in getting tattoo's. When I told her I thought about getting one she was so distressed that she told me she would disown me if I got one. Do you really think she would? And I am sure there are plenty of parents that try to put a big foot down in disapproval of something their kids might do, but there are very few people that would actually follow through with what they say. I don't agree with interracial marriage, and I would do whatever it takes to deter any of my children from marrying outside of their race. I don't believe that I am some kind of terrible person because I don't want my child to ruin her life.

I had plenty of black friends growing up. I don't dislike black people. In fact, I grew up very resentful of my grandmother because she was very racist, and didn't want me to "play" with my black neighbors. And I had several "redneck" friends in high school that used to say the "N" word all the time, and I cringe every time I hear it. I think it is crude and hateful.

I just don't really understand why segregation is such a terrible thing. Why does a desire for segregation have to mean that you don't like other races? The desire for segregation I think is good for all parties involved. I think it would be good for hispanics, it would be good for asians, it would be good for whites, and it would be good for blacks. It would be good to preserve cultures, it would help lower crime, it would be good to unite communities, it would be good politically, there wouldn't be anymore racial discrimination, no race riots, no race anything.

Do you really think it is a good idea to stick an orthodox jew, an evangelical christian, and a radical muslim in the same neighborhood? I realize "Race" is believed by many to be different than religion and culture. But what is the most seggregated place in America? Church.

Why many Americans prefer their Sundays segregated - CNN.com

The truth is, America's segregation policies were never a bad thing. The problem always was, that it wasn't equal. The segregation policies and things like the "black wall street" burning were intended to hold blacks down, and treat them as second-class citizens. If blacks had their own country that was all for themselves. They wouldn't have to worry about white racism, they wouldn't have to be treated as second-class citizens. They wouldn't be relegated to shoe-shiners or maids, etc.

The problem is that, people don't want to give up any territory. Do you really think the whites in Georgia or South Carolina are ready to just get up and leave? I mean, look at South Africa, do you really think it is a good idea for there to be any white people in that country at all? There are tons of white farmers that are being murdered all over that country, as well as a ridiculous crime rate and huge racial tensions. Wouldn't it be better if all whites just left that country? In my opinion, any white living in that country is a damn idiot.
This is truly ming boggiling. In fact you may even have more hate than your grandmother because at least she admitted she was full of hate, you just can't grasp that you have so much ill seated hate in your heart.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Most of the relationship statistics can be found in this huge CDC report. But it does not go over individual races in its overall interracial statistics. And I will explain why that is important below.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_23/sr23_022.pdf

This article goes into much more detail in interracial breakdowns, it has information about specific race/race statistics.

Interracial Divorce in the U.S. – Statistics and How Much They Matter

"Black husband/white wife marriages are twice as likely to divorce as white/white marriages, and Asian husband/white wife marriages are about 60% more likely to divorce as white/white marriages."

But....

"White husband/black wife were nearly 50% less likely to divorce than white/white couples, and white husband/Asian wife couples had pretty much the same divorce rate as white/white couples."

"Interracial marriages that have one white person and one person of another race mostly only show higher divorce rates when the white spouse is a female (i.e. white guy + other race girl don’t show particularly high divorce rates compared to same-race couples)."

That darn white husband/black wife statistic is the only blaring exception to the "interracial is bad" rule. And personally, I still can't understand it.

I would also like to add that, black people are roughly half as likely to get married as a white person in the first place.

'Marriage Is for White People' - washingtonpost.com

And that almost 70% of all black women are single when they have their child, compared to 25% for white women. Which probably means that black interracial marriages are undoubtedly skewing the numbers. If there was no interracial relationships, the numbers for white women would undoubtedly be lower, and the numbers for black women would undoubtedly be higher.

http://family.jrank.org/pages/1574/Single-Parent-Families-Demographic-Trends.html

And why am I worried?

The United States has the highest percentage of single-parent families (34% in 1998) among developed countries, followed by Canada (22%), Australia (20%), and Denmark (19%).

Is anyone going to see the problem for what it is, or are you going to sit around making excuses?
That darn study, it's just too bad for you that they concluded that other factors such as age discrepancies or education discrepancies have more of an impact on marriage failures than race, and, in fact, that the higher rate of divorce in interracial marriages, particularly the black man/white woman marriages, have a higher incidence of such discrepancies. Man, that must bite for you!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That darn study, it's just too bad for you that they concluded that other factors such as age discrepancies or education discrepancies have more of an impact on marriage failures than race, and, in fact, that the higher rate of divorce in interracial marriages, particularly the black man/white woman marriages, have a higher incidence of such discrepancies. Man, that must bite for you!
Why would it bite me? I never said things would be peaches and rainbows if there was no interracial marriage, I just said things would be a lot better.

Do you think I would be perfectly happy if my 18-year old daughter wanted to marry a high-school dropout, with no job, and was 20 years older than her? That is basically what interracial marriage is equivalent to.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Why would it bite me? I never said things would be peaches and rainbows if there was no interracial marriage, I just said things would be a lot better.

Do you think I would be perfectly happy if my 18-year old daughter wanted to marry a high-school dropout, with no job, and was 20 years older than her? That is basically what interracial marriage is equivalent to.
That isn't basically what interracial marriage is equivalent to.

Those factors, the ages of the people marrying, their economic status, their educational backgrounds, are SEPARATE factors. And it's those factors, not race, which have the greatest impact on marital success. Per your statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies