Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
that doesn't make you a better man. the "better man" equation (pretending that there is one) is much more complex than one issue. it certainly can't hurt your chances though...

i'm guessing that you excelled in stupid generalizations 1010 in college, didn't you? it gets even better in a second here...

sad thing is that even though some people probably think you meant this sarcastically, judging from your previous post, i'm betting you are 100% serious. so much for critical thinking capability.

i've heard varying stats, and honestly, they are pretty much only represented by the numbers of men and women that either get caught, or are willing to admit it otherwise. i would bet that the numbers are higher.

kinda screws up wedjat's assumptions that men are evil cheaters and women are perfect saints.

i have only been married for just over 4 years, but in that time i have never cheated. i have had what might have amounted to opportunities (i generally didn't stick around long enough to find out for sure).

i make sure to mention something about my wife and kids in any conversation with a women that becomes flirty, as much to warn her off as to make sure i don't have an in with her at any later date if i become weak.

but according to some women, i'm just a dirty, cheating man anyway; it doesn't matter what precautions i take or what kind of temptations i refuse.
You don't like my posts, fine. However you can ease up on the rudeness ok, considering I obviously didn't direct my post towards you or anyone specific. And since you have no idea who I am, you wouldn't know if I was being sarcastic or not in that other post, would you? And I'm sure you have no interest in believing if I was being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 12:33 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
What about the women who have no idea the guy they're having sex with is married or in a relationship? Are they simpletons in your mind because they think the guy is single?
Obviously not -why did you assume that? Again, when you look at some of the women involved with famous married guys, people do not seem to pick on the women - only the men when it is obvious the women clearly knew the man was married. As I said before, this picking on men is probably because these men are more powerful, (and I can add) some pretend to be pious family men, some are priests etc.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:43 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,678 times
Quote:
You don't like my posts, fine. However you can ease up on the rudeness ok, considering I obviously didn't direct my post towards you or anyone specific.
pointing out obvious flaws in logic is rude? if you can't take criticism, keep your ridiculous thoughts to yourself. the forum is an open mode of communication. you certainly have the right to post drivel, but don't expect it to go unnoticed or uncritiqued.

Quote:
And since you have no idea who I am, you wouldn't know if I was being sarcastic or not in that other post, would you?
notice where i said, "judging from your previous post." if all i have to go by are two inane posts, those are what i will make my critique off of.

Quote:
And I'm sure you have no interest in believing if I was being sarcastic.
honestly, no. you screwed up any chance to be taken seriously with your plethora of logically fallacious accusations from the getgo. if that was supposed to be sarcasm, try reading more often until you figure out how to do it with some style.

until then, "sarcasm" based off of generalizing a bunch of guys that you know nothing about, and then including an outrageously false statement that amounts to "women ever don't cheat,"is just going to make you look foolish and uninformed.

fancy that: books could help you out in that respect too.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,239,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe you are a better man in that one area, but are you perfect in all ways? Are you sinless? That is the message in the article. Can you resist all temptation: lust, lying, anger, unfaithfulness....the list goes on and on and on...
No one is sinless. But that's not what aero is saying. One can experience lust, desire etc, but to NOT act on it is what separates the Tiger Woods from those who are faithful.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,444 times
People assuming they have the only correct view of things, and then stating same--Is rude. "Opinions" are called that for a reason, cause that is what they are. People should conduct themselve like they are in the adult room, not the romper room.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
pointing out obvious flaws in logic is rude? if you can't take criticism, keep your ridiculous thoughts to yourself. the forum is an open mode of communication. you certainly have the right to post drivel, but don't expect it to go unnoticed or uncritiqued.

notice where i said, "judging from your previous post." if all i have to go by are two inane posts, those are what i will make my critique off of.

honestly, no. you screwed up any chance to be taken seriously with your plethora of logically fallacious accusations from the getgo. if that was supposed to be sarcasm, try reading more often until you figure out how to do it with some style.

until then, "sarcasm" based off of generalizing a bunch of guys that you know nothing about, and then including an outrageously false statement that amounts to "women ever don't cheat,"is just going to make you look foolish and uninformed.

fancy that: books could help you out in that respect too.
LOL, looks like someone needs a nap.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM

346 posts, read 407,685 times
Tiger made his millions by being the golden boy of golf and promoting a certain image. That is why folks paid him millions to push their products. Now he's in the spotlight for something other. The camera goes both ways. I'm sick of it all personally. I guess he was pulling down 15K a night hookers now too. If he were a rapper his cred would be sky high about now. Of course he'd have to have six or seven babies running around and maybe go on Maury a few times to see if he was the baby's daddy.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Obviously not -why did you assume that?
Because you said "Or are all the women involved simpletons?" I was making a distinction between the two types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Again, when you look at some of the women involved with famous married guys, people do not seem to pick on the women - only the men when it is obvious the women clearly knew the man was married. As I said before, this picking on men is probably because these men are more powerful, (and I can add) some pretend to be pious family men, some are priests etc.
I agree, there are loads of idiot women out there who know darn well when someone is married, especially if that person is a celebrity & use it to their advantage....what advantage that is I have no idea. I actually find it kind of ridiculous that all these women are now coming out like scavengers claiming they've been w/him. Why not just keep that to yourselves? Oh that's right, they're sniffing out the money. However, if all of this is true, Tiger is a dog. I won't hate him but I don't respect him either. Everyone makes mistakes of course but this is a continuous mistake, there's not excuse for that.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,444 times
He seems on "par" with many other high paid Pro athletes to me. and I'm a little jealous about it. I have to pay with cash, up front for my action.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Hey, I'm a girl, how can I be guilty of cheating?
Hardy, har, har, har, har, har.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies