Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What's the matter, you can't keep your mind off homosexual sex acts? The people are going to protest just like left wingers have for years without the usual violence and property destruction we see from the left. WE are going to use the hussein obama's rules for radicals. Fight fire with fire.

Liberalsim has led us right up to a communist country and the destruction of America. We have had enough of the insane left wingers.
Thats cute. I'm a heterosexual who has teabagged many a woman, I guess I'm just a repressed homosexual for doing so right?

You're going to protest like fringe lunatics? Expect to be treated like fringe lunatics. Bring a gun to an event the president is attending and you'll get treated like the "left wingers" do. Show up at Pitt during the g8 and you'll get gassed and tased.

I think you guys are going to want to go back to the days of being complete jack offs in public without any actual police interference after you start getting treated like the "liberals" who have been openly against the Fed the WHO and IMF have been treated.

Maybe it will cause you to respect the protests from the same people you've been actively encouraging facist reactions towards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 02:55 AM

366 posts, read 297,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
They dont call themselves that. Democrats and liberals call them that in order to try and insult them.

Why do democrats insult citizens simply because they dont agree with them.

I mean look at Gregs post calling them morons. You might not like them or agree with them but darn it respect their rights so others will respect yours.

I dont agree with code pink but I will defend their right to protest all day long. Unlike democrats but listen to democrats try and make someone believe they care about peoples rights and freedoms. pfft Let me add nor will I attempt to insult them just because I dont agree with them.
Here here. It appears that if you don't walk lock step with some people you have to be labeled.

I'm in total agreement. I'm not a "code pinker" either, but I staunchly defend their right to protest and demonstrate their right of free speech.

However, a WHOLE LOT of people on this forum seem to think that if you are on the right, you are not afforded that privilege, at least not without considerable condemnation.

It's sad, it really is. I'd like to ask those of you on the left that are reasonable and rational (and there are MANY) to stand up against this kind of BS.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:59 AM

190 posts, read 210,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
Here here. It appears that if you don't walk lock step with some people you have to be labeled.

I'm in total agreement. I'm not a "code pinker" either, but I staunchly defend their right to protest and demonstrate their right of free speech.

However, a WHOLE LOT of people on this forum seem to think that if you are on the right, you are not afforded that privilege, at least not without considerable condemnation.

It's sad, it really is. I'd like to ask those of you on the left that are reasonable and rational (and there are MANY) to stand up against this kind of BS.

It is sad.

B.S. stand up and fight it. Yeah. NO MORE CZARS!!!!! Wheeeee! We'll show that Czar, comrades. Oh, wait, I mean, haha, nevermind.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 AM

190 posts, read 210,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What's the matter, you can't keep your mind off homosexual sex acts? The people are going to protest just like left wingers have for years without the usual violence and property destruction we see from the left. WE are going to use the hussein obama's rules for radicals. Fight fire with fire.

Liberalsim has led us right up to a communist country and the destruction of America. We have had enough of the insane left wingers.
Wait, you're the one who connected the teabaggers with homosexual acts. All I said was that the Senate better be wide awake and not passed out when the teabaggers show up! They are a force to be reckoned with for certain.

All kidding aside: all this amounts to is Fox news getting the stupid people in this country agitated. It makes for great entertainment, though!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, as soon as you can produce a clear deed and title to the US Capitol, you can start claiming that you own the freaking Senate. Until then, we have the Capitol Police programmed to keep the riff-raff out. Use of deadly force is authorized.
What do you mean "we" have the Capitol Police programmed. Use of "deadly force" authorized? By whom? You and your pals at "Think Progress"?

He didn't say anywhere in his post anything about "owning the Senate"; however, "we the people" do own it. Our Houses of Congress belong to the people. Our Congressmen and Senators simply work there.

When the day comes (and it may be soon, the way things are going) that people are no longer allowed access to Congress, we will have good reason to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
You and your scatter-brained freedomworks-whackos are the ones who are out of control. You think you're the kings of some sort of hill or other. How'd you ever manage to get such a swelled head anyway...
I read the Constitution. Have you?

This Administration, with all the unelected radicals that are making rules by fiat, and telling our Representatives how to vote, and what they'd better do if they know what's good for them are the ones out of control.

WAKE UP!!! SMELL THE COFFEE!

Freedomworks is only one organization, and as I said earlier, they are not the prime movers behind these citizens or the "Tea Parties". There are many local groups and organizations as well as other national organizations. Why anyone latches onto Freedomworks as being behind this movement is beyond me. I think you "Progressives", leftists, just need someone to blame. I suppose you think Conservatives are not smart enough on their own to organize anything without the help of Someone like Dick Armey. I never even personally heard of Freedomworks till long after the first few "Tea Parties" (which were originally small local groups) had been reported in the news and on the Internet. As word got out, the movement grew to what it is today.

People are understandably angry with what they see this administration and this Democrat controlled Congress doing to the country. We are not going to allow them to destroy it. We have a right, and a duty, to defend and preserve it as good citizenship demands we do, so that our children, our grandchildren (and I have grandchildren) and their children can live free as we have. We are not about to let over 200 years of history go down the tubes.

This is our country. It does not belong to Barack H. Obama and his Marxist/communist band of thugs to "fundamentally change" it to their liking. It does not belong to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, nor to the Democrat Party. They do not have the right to change it in a way that the Constitution does not allow.

They do not have the right to take over or break up private business. That is unconstitutional. They are breaking the law.

They do not have the right to put private insurers out of business and provide government run (and controlled) "health care" — and what they propose isn't health care at all.

What has been exposed, the things they are doing, destroying our capitalist system, has riled the citizens of this country. They are reacting. And Congress had better wise up and start listening to us before they incite a full scale revolt, which will happen if they pass this so-called "health care" bill.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 12-12-2009 at 04:11 AM..

Old 12-12-2009, 04:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Who ownes FreedomWorks? Who is funding these hapless morons? I think we should know.
You're on the Internet. Look it up. But I assure you, they are not "hapless morons".

But, of course, I realize that's all you leftist have to fight with are personal attacks and ridiculous slogans and such. You cannot win a debate on the issues. You have no arguments. You simply cannot make the case for your position on anything. Reading through the threads posted by leftists tells me this. They are all just personal attacks, slurs, and smears.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:19 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Who ownes FreedomWorks? Who is funding these hapless morons? I think we should know.
George Soros from moveon.org?

Old 12-12-2009, 06:52 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdfUh, just thought you might be interested. Washington DC is the 16th most dangerous city. Mobile is the 136th most dangerous city.
Well, you might be interested then in the fact that I was working from the actual Uniform Crime Reporting system detail data downloaded from the FBI. Want to know how many rapes occurred in Desloge, Missouri last year? It was four. That kind of detail data. You on the other hand are citing some pop private-sector index-maker who claims to be using those same data, but who decided to exclude all of larceny, theft, and arson. So arson may not be that big a deal to most, but those things taken together account for well over half of all crimes reported. Why would your source have simply omitted them? It isn't a problem to have your purse snatched or your laptop snagged as you walk down the street? Shouldn't it count if your car windows get smashed in and all your stuff gets swiped? Or that you come home from work one day and find that somebody has broken in, tossed the place, and made off with all your valuables and electronic goodies? Apart from outright muggings, these are exactly the sorts of crimes that people are and should be most worried about, as they are the things that are most likely to happen to you. The chances of actually being raped or murdered are extremely low anywhere. That's why those crimes make the news. The crimes that actually affect people's everyday lifestyles are the very ones your source has omitted. How does that make sense?

But there is good news for BayBears fans. Last night I was working from final 2006 data. Where I am now, I have prelim 2008 data available, and in those reports, Mobile has indeed gone from being slightly more dangerous than DC to being slightly safer. Of course, about 25% of the 2008 data reported for Mobile city are actually from nearby areas of Mobile county. Can't tell yet what effect eliminating those data would have. In any case, no such luck for any of Wichita or Austin or Corpus Christi or Greensboro. All of those have higher overall crime rates than DC. Of the 107 US cities with populations of 200K or more, DC ranks 40th. Right there with Durham and Spokane. Of the 35 cities with populations of 500K or more, DC ranks 16th. Much better than Indianapolis or Oklahoma City, but not as good as Boston or New York.

Overall, DC once deserved a reputation as a crime capital, and it still has residual problems with drug- and gang-related violence, most of it confined to the same old suspect areas and neighborhoods. But 25 years ago was 25 years ago. The city overall has become no worse than average, and in those areas that people likely to frequent this forum would be likely to frequent, it is much safer than average. Allegations such as were made earlier about DC being among the most violent and crime-ridden places in the world are total fiction having no relation to reality at all.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
George Soros from moveon.org?
you'll be interested to know that soros has a new scheme out there :

Soros Hatches Climate Finance Scheme - Green Inc. Blog - NYTimes.com
As diplomats exchanged words over the responsibilities of the industrialized versus the developing world, U.S. financier George Soros identified a potential way in which rich nations could transfer tens of billions of dollars to poor nations to cope with rising sea levels and other problems associated with global warming. Speaking to reporters in Copenhagen, Soros told reporters that a proposal by wealthy nations to spend $10 billion a year to help the poor adapt to climate change was “not sufficient” and that tension over such aid “could actually wreck the conference.”

The billionaire suggested that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) use $100 billion of its funds — money set aside to assure liquidity in the global financial system — and make a one-time infusion into the climate change fund. The money, part of an arcane financial mechanism known as “special drawing rights,” would make it “possible to substantially increase the amount available to fight global warming in the developing world.” But Soros noted a major hurdle to his proposal – the U.S. exerts major control over the IMF and Congress would have to approve the funding plan.

once a crook, always a crook. there is no more obvious way to tie in "global warming" to an actual money transfer to emerging nations. i guess the financially "elite" are getting desperate as their world starts crumbling around them, especially with some in congress falling out of lockstep with the plan...

Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So now taxpaying citizens that are expressing their right to free speech are riffraff?
Riff-raff are riff-raff. Whether they are speaking or not is immaterial. Whether they pay their taxes or not (and amongst this particular bunch, that's an open question) is immaterial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Deadly force against US citizens? Now who's the wacko?
That would be you. The Capitol Police are a little tired of being shot. The people who employ them aren't happy with that either. You walk onto the Capitol grounds anywhere and pull some stuff, expect to be on life-support within 30 minutes. Make sure you're carrying phone numbers for your next of kin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies