Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:35 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,199 times

Advertisements

I have posted this video so many times, and never did a Fox supporter reacted to it. Come on, people. It is very short but it basically sums up why people have a problem with Fox news.
Only very few who watch Fox admit that it is really really biased.
There is liberal media that obviously is biased as well, but how can anyone who watched this video still say that Fox news is not biased?

There are other sources of news, that are unbiased and do not lean towards the right or the left. You can find those, its not that hard.
News should always just present the news and not try to support an agenda.

Asked if his News Corp. managed to shape the agenda on the war in Iraq, Murdoch said: "No, I don't think so. We tried." Asked by Rose for further comment, he said: "We basically supported the Bush policy in the Middle East...but we have been very critical of his execution."

A news channel should not support anything. It is there to present facts and stories and not to manipulate people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2pLo8JV5Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Fox is what it is. Murdoch is what he is: a pandering Citizen Kane.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
A news channel should not support anything. It is there to present facts and stories and not to manipulate people.
I agree with you, reporting should do exactly that. Far too many of those that claim to report the news are in fact commentators, shaping stories to their personal bias. I don't have issues with commentators on either side biasing stories, they (or at least Fox's) make it clear that they are NOT reporters.

Still, one network tried to build support for the war once it was national policy...while 5 tried to degrade it in equally biased manners. Not sure which is worse.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,435 times
The CEO wouldn't have to tell me that his company, Faux News, lies. I figured that out a long time ago.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
The CEO wouldn't have to tell me that his company, Faux News, lies. I figured that out a long time ago.
Yes, but I am asking people that pretend that Fox News does NOT support one agenda over another.
I really want to know what they think about it.
Its not a "lets bash fox news" thread, I am questioning some peoples` sanity.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:11 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,900 times
Hilarious! The fact that Fox news manipulates its viewers and supports an agenda is self evident. You don't have to be a lefty or a Bush hater to see that.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:17 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Yes, but I am asking people that pretend that Fox News does NOT support one agenda over another.
The other news is so slanted the perception is Fox is slanted.

Pew Study: Journalists and Liberal Bias : NPR

This is good topic for the usual suspects to hang themselves. Suppose the questions was:

If the scientists told you they tried to manipulate its the date to support an agenda, would you believe it?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The other news is so slanted the perception is Fox is slanted.

Pew Study: Journalists and Liberal Bias : NPR

This is good topic for the usual suspects to hang themselves. Suppose the questions was:

If the scientists told you they tried to manipulate its the date to support an agenda, would you believe it?

I did say there is liberal, biased media. What I asked was If you heard the CEO told you that Fox News IS biased, would you still call it unbiased?

Some people still claim it is not biased.

Edit: This topic has nothing to do with science, so don`t try to hijack it. I have never said anything about scientist and biased data, so don`t ask me.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I really want to know what they think about it.
Its not a "lets bash fox news" thread, I am questioning some peoples` sanity.
Because they don't care. They know Fox is biased, but they deny it, instead they ignore it. Fox news doesn't confirm with their views on the world, but instead force feeds them what to believe. They base their opinions off Fox News all the while thinking they have freewill and independent thought.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
They were slamming the republican politicians last night pretty good, over pork bills. Even said they can pretty much kiss their upcoming 2010 mid terms, good bye.

When Bush was in office, they didn't cut him any slack, either. They called Bush out on everything that would hurt the citizens.

I'm pretty sure Fox isn't so much right, or left, they are basically anti-government period.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
When the government fears the people, there is Liberty.

Right now, the majority of people are waking up in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies