Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Funny you should mention the inflated prices about guns and ammo. Ammo was sometimes hard to get for a bit and prices went up. Free market and all. The prices came down quick mainly because it's the free market and government was not there to artificially inflate the price and screw things up under the guise of helping. Unlike the housing debacle. Yea why should we be afraid of the government.
Actually guns are cheaper now than they were last year.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 AM

71 posts, read 50,681 times
The stupid people who listen to beck ran and over bought guns and ammo like the end of the world was here, they are now buying rice and gold. It happened in the 80s and then gold fell to record lows. Idiots falling for more end times garbages. Little minds are so easily manipulated.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Gun laws are getting looser across much of US - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_bi_ge/us_looser_gun_laws - broken link)
Im sure the NRA will have something to say about this!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I would suspect the NRA management would object to looser gun control laws because it strikes at one of the organization's most effective fund raising activities. I am an NRA member and would prefer the organization spend much more money on ranges, clubs and teaching proper gun use and responsibility than wasting our money on a privileged pack of corporate lobbyists and DC corruption.

PS - I am still a liberal because I consider the right to be armed a fundamental freedom and responsibility of being alive.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:44 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
You just cannot trust intolerant liberals and politicians when it comes to our freedoms.
They come with smiles on their faces and make promises of reassurance with their fingers crossed behind their backs.
When it comes to gun rights many don't even make the pretense of upholding the constitution, but instead brand us as criminals or pariahs for exercising said rights.
What gun laws are today has no bearing as to what they will be tomorrow, because like rust, our opponents never sleep.

The NRA and various other gun rights advocates incur untold millions of dollars a year in legal defense of our rights and it's not in fighting strawmen.

Bill Clinton, Former President of the United States:
Quote:
"Only the police should have handguns."
“When we got organized as a country, we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with
a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to
Americans. There’s too much personal freedom. When personal freedom’s being
abused, you have to move to limit it.â€
Fact: Wang Jun – son of the late Chinese President Wang Zhen – who is
chairman of the China International Trade and Investment Company and
President of Polytechnologies Corp., attended a White House coffee with Clinton
in February 1996 and was granted a meeting with Commerce Secretary Ronald
Brown the next day.
He was also connected to more than $600,000 in illegal campaign contributions to
the Democrats, the report said. Polytechnologies is an arms-trading company
indicted for trying to smuggle 2,000 Chinese AK-47 assault rifles into the United
States and it is the largest of the corporate structures owned by the People's
Liberation Army.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I think I would like to have cheap Chinese AK's available at any gun shop. The thing is a fairly effective assault weapon and could be useful defending your home. Until somebody makes a clip fed 12 ga shotgun with a 12" barrel I will have to settle for simpler weapons.

We should repeal the 1934 gun act as absurd. It is not the tool that is dangerous (this does not apply to grenades) but the person holding it. If you never give a sane person a reason to shoot you will never have a gun pointed at you so long as you avoid crazy people. Unfortunately there are a lot of crazy and criminal people out there so you actually might be threatened and there fore should be properly armed. The choice of weapon should be between you and your supplier.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would suspect the NRA management would object to looser gun control laws because it strikes at one of the organization's most effective fund raising activities. I am an NRA member and would prefer the organization spend much more money on ranges, clubs and teaching proper gun use and responsibility than wasting our money on a privileged pack of corporate lobbyists and DC corruption.

PS - I am still a liberal because I consider the right to be armed a fundamental freedom and responsibility of being alive.
Maybe in Backwardastan this makes sense,

The NRA spends lots of money defending/protecting our rights.
Are the court cases made up?
Are the politicians who say they are anti-gun, figments of the NRA's imagination?
It's illegal to own a handgun in the liberal bastion that is the City of Chicago. Was the NRA behind that law so they could fire up a membership drive?

I could go on, but so many are just willing tools...

Last edited by allydriver; 12-14-2009 at 08:18 AM..

Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I am also a member, but will not renew, due to all the misinformation and bias they spread this year.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 AM

71 posts, read 50,681 times
The NRA is a corporate *****. I delt with them on an issue and was told that they work for the corporations and not the individual. I stopped my membership and will not join ever again. GOA is a much better org. that deals with individuals. The NRA has gotten so big it has forgotten what it started for. Screw the NRA.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am also a member, but will not renew, due to all the misinformation and bias they spread this year.
But yet you trust politicians to protect your rights and deliver the truth?
Even when irrefutable evidence exists to the contrary?
How odd that you would align yourself with those who would seek to prohibit the rights you cherish against those who defend the very same rights.

Again the phrase, "useful tool" comes to mind

Last edited by allydriver; 12-14-2009 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies