Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Gun laws are getting looser across much of US - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_bi_ge/us_looser_gun_laws - broken link)

ask clinton and the democrats what lost them the house and senate in 94, then ask the democrats the same thing now.

I do not expect any radical gun control bills to come along until either before or after '10 elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 11:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Ironic, Casper the ghost calling anti-gun politicians and their laws imaginary.
Funny that you would say that since I probably have more guns than you do, that is what you get when you don't really know all the facts. Discount what I agreed with but the history is there for anyone to see, if they really wanted to. Sure there have always been anti-gun people, it is their right to disagree, thing is they have not been successful and I doubt they will be, being the nature of the people of this nation. So, POOPOO it away all you want, does not change the facts, the reality is what it is.
Casper

Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think I'll call you on that one: Show me where I have said I trust politicians. Thanks.

I quit NRA because they were not telling me the truth. Why should I pay them to lie to me??? If you still do, then the phrase, "useful tool" comes to mind.
I see you are doing the NRA the same way I am AARP and for the same reason.

BTW, could you point me toward an old WWII or Korean War grease gun? I need something to hold THEM back when they come after my non-existant guns, well it will remain that way till I get that 45 caliber spray gun.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see you are doing the NRA the same way I am AARP and for the same reason.

BTW, could you point me toward an old WWII or Korean War grease gun? I need something to hold THEM back when they come after my non-existant guns, well it will remain that way till I get that 45 caliber spray gun.
I am letting my NRA membership expire. I am not calling them to cancel or anything like that. I am not mad at them, I just don't want to fund them anymore.

Why does it have to be WW-II or Korea era? Why not an AR-15? Light, small caliber, high velocity, large magazine and US made. And you can get one for $700 and ammo ia available everywhere. I'm getting one if I get a tax return. It'll help you keep the coyotes off your back yard.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:14 PM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When did we stop backing our paper money with gold? It seems to me that you may have missed the boat with your mention of the price of gold falling in the 80s.
The last Silver Certificate ( $1 denomination) was replaced with a Federal Reserve Note in 1963.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Sure didn't.

p.s. My head isn't big enough to wear your hat.
That's because I'm not a pin-head.

Ken

Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's because I'm not a pin-head.

Ken
Well then, what else do you call a gun owner who is anti-pro gun advocacy group, but a big government advocate?

At a minimum you are talking out of both sides of the mouth with the rest of the disingenuous liberals on this thread.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Well then, what else do you call a gun owner who is anti-pro gun advocacy group, but a big government advocate?

At a minimum you are talking out of both sides of the mouth with the rest of the disingenuous liberals on this thread.
LOL
You didn't describe me at all.
I think you are confusing me with somebody else.

Why am I not surprised?
Too funny!

Ken

Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Gun laws are getting looser across much of US - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_bi_ge/us_looser_gun_laws - broken link)
That's because half the citizens of the country threaten to go to war against the government when they even suggest more gun control. The "man" is just too scared to try and push the issue.

I think people are more educated too, and FINALLY realize more laws won't really make them safer, just less free.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Coming to take our guns away?
Yeah, well that was just the same silly fear-mongering stupidity that shows up on this board on a daily basis.

Ken
Clearly you are willingly ignorant of repeated verifiable attempts to restrict or prohibit gun ownership and catagorizing such efforts as "fear mongering" puts you right into the pinhead catagory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies