Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 03:41 PM

76,992 posts, read 47,331,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Because there is no in between

Nevermind the 60 billion in medicare fraud payouts.
OK, so what exactly do you want to do about Medicare now that you didn't want to do in the past? You just want to pull the plug on the whole program? That would result in deaths of several hundred thousand Americans.

And why do you want to do it now and not before? I'm just wondering?

Is it only now that you wake up and realize that these are expensive programs? Well, I am sorry to break it to you but they have been expensive for several decades already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wait, Obama said we can cut $500 Billion from Medicare right? Isnt that how they are planning to pay for national healthcare? Why the big concern now over $60B in cuts when Obama is proposing similar cuts per year?
Which do you want to cut first, Social Security or Medicare?

Old 12-12-2009, 03:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,897,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let's be honest here. Republicans had their chance 1995-2007, but they dropped the ball. We saw spending and expansion of government every year. Who knows, maybe they'll get another change soon, but I don't expect them to do anything different that the 1995-2007 republicans of the current Dems.
And since we're being honest here, Democrats held Congress for the most part from 1965-1995 (not going back later than that) and ever since 2006.. We also have seen spending and expansion of government every year during those period of times.

Maybe one day you'll understand that spending isnt a Dem/Rep issue, its a CONGRESS issue.

Last edited by pghquest; 12-12-2009 at 03:55 PM..

Old 12-12-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Obama is already on board to cut Medicare, I say we go with it...

But since you are pretending they are the only two option, how about cutting welfare, stimulus bills to build new roads/bridges, when we cant afford to maintain the old ones, how about we stop with all of the stupid tax breaks, or the special interest payments, or we stop paying people to babysit family members, or cutout cellphone payments, do we really need to build bridges for turtles, or federally fund home weatherizations? I mean really, stop pretending the government only spends money on SS and Medicare..

Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
And since we're being honest here, Democrats held Congress for the most part from 1965-1995 (not going back later than that) and ever since 2006.. We also have seen spending and expansion of government every year.
I agree, I often wonder why people idolize Reagan, and "Reaganomics" when he had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Yes, I told you the other day that the government and spending has been a habit of both parties for a long time. I am glad to see you actually learned from what I told you.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Obama is already on board to cut Medicare, I say we go with it...

But since you are pretending they are the only two option, how about cutting welfare, stimulus bills to build new roads/bridges, when we cant afford to maintain the old ones, how about we stop with all of the stupid tax breaks, or the special interest payments, or we stop paying people to babysit family members, or cutout cellphone payments, do we really need to build bridges for turtles, or federally fund home weatherizations? I mean really, stop pretending the government only spends money on SS and Medicare..
So, you want to increase taxes. At a time like this? Interesting.....

There are many areas where they can cut, but we are talking about this operating bill, and lion's share goes to those programs.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,107,288 times
Quote:
Thats a tough one. We can't do both at the same time?

Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I agree, I often wonder why people idolize Reagan, and "Reaganomics" when he had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Yes, I told you the other day that the government and spending has been a habit of both parties for a long time. I am glad to see you actually learned from what I told you.
Right, I havent been saying this since day 1

Old 12-12-2009, 04:07 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,383,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
One has to ask, what in the world are we getting for all this money??

FOXNews.com - Senate Dems Defeat GOP Attempt to Filibuster $1.1T Spending Bill
This is like Bizarro World. It seems to be a dedicated agenda to make sure that the United States is no longer influential in the global market.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
So, you want to increase taxes. At a time like this? Interesting.....

There are many areas where they can cut, but we are talking about this operating bill, and lion's share goes to those programs.
Do you really think that individuals in my income range should pay zero taxes? Really?

You can cut taxes and get rid of taxbreaks, which would increase revenues. Cut spending and its a double whammy to the deficit which would stimulate the economy like never before because people would feel comfortable about the future value of the dollar..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies