Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 03:04 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Don't forget the inflated Santa in the front yard from China mart with one fist flailing around in a circle, since "bubba junior" blew a hole through Santa's chest with the shotgun.
THAT'S what I want.......!!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Does it really matter what it is? I am more likely to say Merry Christmas around December 22-25th. Before then it is -have a nice day! If I see someone that is likely not to celebrate Christmas I don't say Merry Christmas. If I see a Jewish person I am likely to say Happy Hanuka.
Point of the matter is, who gives a damn. It is just a greeting. When did greeting somebody in a friendly way become offensive to anybody?
I don't think some of you realize that some Christians have had their freedom of speech taken away by employers that are concerned about offending their customers. That can really bother some who would like to say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." The whole thing boils down to everybody but Christians matter. Christians have no more freedom of religion and speech and I agree with you that it should not offend anyone for someone to say "Merry Christmas" to them.

When I was faced with wondering if I should keep working at a place that censored the Bible, I went and talked to my pastor about it. He told me that "God is Love" and love is something that can be shown without words. So I spent the rest of my employment at that government job realizing that how I treated people really mattered. I could not tell them about God but I could show God's love to them.

You would not believe how many times I had people comment on the atmosphere in my library. They told me it was different and more friendly than any other library they had ever been to. I couldn't tell them why, it wasn't allowed; but I knew.

We spent the past week in a timeshare in Florida and that same Spirit of hospitality was there in that place. The workers were not just doing their jobs. They were on a mission of helping people enjoy their vacations. It is very evident when the Holy Spirit and love of Jesus is alive and working in a place. God is Love and it can be felt.

In a country where there is supposed to be freedom of speech and freedom of religion, it is just so sad that Christians have to go around whispering to each other and not be allowed to enjoy that freedom of religion and speech as others in the country do. And Christianity is being censored in America. That is wrong and should stop, but I don't think it will. I think it will come to the place in this country where people will be killed for not denying Christ.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I think that the atheist who are always fighting to keep any mention of Christianity out of public are just the flip side of the Christians who want to force everyone to obey their religious beliefs. If these same atheist were Christians they'd be trying to force everyone to believe and if these same Christians were atheist they'd be trying to silence all Christians. Because, for these type of people, it really isn't about religion. It is about controlling others.
There IS a difference...the PEOPLE who don't want PUBLIC venues used for RELIOUS items are in the right with the LAW behind them.(they are NOT all atheists even if you want to promote that erroneous idea).

Christians who think everyone should think and feel as they do....don't have a leg to stand on.....especially with their horrible nasty examples they set!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:20 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Default Just for a bit of fun

Christmas test

Old 12-14-2009, 03:20 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think some of you realize that some Christians have had their freedom of speech taken away by employers that are concerned about offending their customers. That can really bother some who would like to say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." The whole thing boils down to everybody but Christians matter. Christians have no more freedom of religion and speech and I agree with you that it should not offend anyone for someone to say "Merry Christmas" to them.

When I was faced with wondering if I should keep working at a place that censored the Bible, I went and talked to my pastor about it. He told me that "God is Love" and love is something that can be shown without words. So I spent the rest of my employment at that government job realizing that how I treated people really mattered. I could not tell them about God but I could show God's love to them.

You would not believe how many times I had people comment on the atmosphere in my library. They told me it was different and more friendly than any other library they had ever been to. I couldn't tell them why, it wasn't allowed; but I knew.

We spent the past week in a timeshare in Florida and that same Spirit of hospitality was there in that place. The workers were not just doing their jobs. They were on a mission of helping people enjoy their vacations. It is very evident when the Holy Spirit and love of Jesus is alive and working in a place. God is Love and it can be felt.

In a country where there is supposed to be freedom of speech and freedom of religion, it is just so sad that Christians have to go around whispering to each other and not be allowed to enjoy that freedom of religion and speech as others in the country do. And Christianity is being censored in America. That is wrong and should stop, but I don't think it will. I think it will come to the place in this country where people will be killed for not denying Christ.
A touch on the Dramatic side? In Florida it's called the "tourist industry" and those coming from up North are called "turkeys"

Now, let's get back to the important issue at hand:

What is your favorite blow up Christmas Display?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:22 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
My results:

The Christmas Gullibility Test Results

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! Santa will make a note that you were very good this year, because all your answers were correct.

Last edited by MsMcQ LV; 12-14-2009 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: formatting errors

Old 12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What in the world makes you think this is the work of ATHEISTS?
Huh? What "work"? I was just making a comment about certain types of people....not about any specific "work." Huh?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
My results:

The Christmas Gullibility Test Results

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! Santa will make a note that you were very good this year, because all your answers were correct.
No. 3 was a trick question

Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
As I said earlier, I'm an atheist and I say Merry Christmas.

I don't care what people say as long as they're not being unkind or browbeating.

I reckon I've seen more Nativity scenes this Christmas than I've seen in my whole life and it's kinda cool to be honest.
I really wasn't referencing your kind of atheist. Nor was I referencing the average Christian. I was only making reference to a certain type of personality that, whichever side of the question they take, will try to force others to behave as they want them to behave. Doesn't matter really if they are atheist or Christian or Muslim or Wiccan. What matters to these people is the control....not the belief.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
There IS a difference...the PEOPLE who don't want PUBLIC venues used for RELIOUS items are in the right with the LAW behind them.(they are NOT all atheists even if you want to promote that erroneous idea).

Christians who think everyone should think and feel as they do....don't have a leg to stand on.....especially with their horrible nasty examples they set!
There is a difference between "public" and "government owned." And Christians have as much right to practice freedom of speech in public as does any other group. Go back and read the constitution. It says freedom OF religion. NOT freedom FROM religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies