Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Damn, the OP says what I have been saying and thinking for quite a few years now. The reality is that the United States is historically a European, Christian, English-language nation. If I were to take up residence in Tel Aviv, I would expect to be bombarded with well wishes for Hannukah, and I would be happy to receive them. If I moved to Mumbai, I would expect my neighborhood to celebrate Diwali. The problem arises when people get the sick and disgusting idea that the United States is not entitled to traditions and heritage of its own and somehow the country should instead exist to serve as some form of third world bordello. Should Ramadan be given equal footing with Christmas in a majority Christian country? Hell no! There are plenty of Muslim nations in which Islamic traditions for the holidays are observed, even amongst secular nations such as Egypt.

And that is a position of total cowardice, as is all politically correct nonsense. It's destroying this nation from the inside out and the worst partsof the infection are those who accomodate it.
Here I was having all that fun here and all of a sudden someone jumps up and says what has needed saying since this thread started. Let me thank you for posting the words that have been needed, especially the last sentence.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Surprisingly no cashiers have said "Merry Christmas" to me. I also admit I haven't been doing a lot of shopping.

Can anyone throw out some really "Christian" words?
Sure! MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""We allowed""
(ALLOWED????...The TYPICAL christian arrogance and conceit rears it's ugly head)"""Jews and Muslims and other non-Christians to have their days in this month and now, mostly atheists are trying to change it all.(and then the christian LYING starts)"""

They are such niccccce people
I don't care who the atheists are since none of you seem to worry about my Christianity. Is that alright or not.

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Ummm yeah!!! Because like it or not the only reason this time of year is so popular IS because of Christmas. Stores don't have sales just for the hell of it, they don't do the whole "count down" just for the hell of it, they don't put up CHRISTMAS decoration just for the hell of it. We all know what the stores are doing and why they are doing it yet they won't actually say it. That is wrong.
For starters Happy Holidays could also mean Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Holidays since we have more than one in a short period of time. Secondly, we live in a diverse country, where people celebrate many different things, its simple common courtesy to recognize this. Myself in particular live in an area with a large Jewish population, so many people here might not celebrate what I do.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I was born Jewish yet I strongly prefer "Merry Christmas". I can't stand political correctness.
Oh Wow very good answer!

Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,637 times
Quote:
Hmmm.... of all the things we could possibly list as destroying this nation, you want to name the lack of "Merry Christmas" being spoken at the check-out counter at Wal-Mart when we buy our Chinese-made crap?

That's funny.
If you honestly believe that the utterance of two words are what I find so contemptible, you must be dense.

The symbolism is enormous.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Surprisingly no cashiers have said "Merry Christmas" to me. I also admit I haven't been doing a lot of shopping.

Can anyone throw out some really "Christian" words?
That is because a lot of places tell their workers to not say "merry Christmas" and rightfully so in my honest opinion.

They told us that where I work.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
The last time I checked America is mostly a Christian country and Christmas has been a national celebration since this nation's founding. If immigrants are offended by this, then why do they come here?

If I were to immigrate to Isreal, I wouldn't complain about someone telling me "Happy Hanukkah". Nor would I be offended if I immigrated to a Muslim country and someone told me "Happy Ramadan".

America was created by Europeans. And Europeans have made up most of the population of this nation ever since. If you don't like the fact that this country has customs based on Western Civilization and Christianity, then please leave. Don't stay here and make things miserable for the majority population.

Now I am just waiting for someone to say "well the Native Americans were here first". What I have to say to that in response is that this continent was wildnerness when they lived here. Immigrants didn't have any interest in coming here until Europeans carved a great nation out of an uncivilized continent. So your argument will have no validity to this topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA1REZdiSQM

Happy Holidays!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3...eature=related

Quote:
Hmmm.... of all the things we could possibly list as destroying this nation, you want to name the lack of "Merry Christmas" being spoken at the check-out counter at Wal-Mart when we buy our Chinese-made crap?

That's funny.
Speaking of that Chinese crap, have you heard the campaign words of Bill Cosby for the 2012 campaign? He says no imports unless they have a 100% tax on them. Will that put Walmart out of business. I don't think so because I remember the days when they sold only American goods.

BTW, I would be glad to vote for Cosby if he ran. What would be wrong with having the second black President be a Christian and intelligent at the same time?

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't care who the atheists are since none of you seem to worry about my Christianity. Is that alright or not.
And here we have an example of what is destroying this nation from the inside out. Pathetic...I mean...what were those words? Oh yeah, cowardice infection.

Battlestations, FWOC warriors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies