Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
The economy was even worse a year ago. Did you fuss this much about the Bushies Xmas at the White House?
The economy was not as bad a year ago.

But that aside, I do not mind if the O' family celebrates Christmas at all. At least they are having a Christmas. We all know that the political elite do not give a poo about the poor. They only care about the poor when it is an election year. Useful fools I think Stalin called them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I am a liberal and a Christian. Show me one post where I have 'attacked' Christianity.
Show me where I said that you did.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Which, of course, it is not - It's real, insidious and persistent.
Prove it.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Prove it.
I don't have to. I don't feel compelled to convince you or anyone here of anything. You are free to think what you will.

I happen to believe there is a concerted effort under way to diminish and discredit Christianity; there is, as has been said, a war being waged on Christianity. I don't see that bashing directed at any other religion.

So, like I said, whether you believe it, doesn't matter to me one bit.

Carry on.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The economy was not as bad a year ago.

But that aside, I do not mind if the O' family celebrates Christmas at all. At least they are having a Christmas. We all know that the political elite do not give a poo about the poor. They only care about the poor when it is an election year. Useful fools I think Stalin called them.
In the 20s and 30s American college student fellow travelers were called useful idiots by the organizers.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
I don't have to. I don't feel compelled to convince you or anyone here of anything. You are free to think what you will.

I happen to believe there is a concerted effort under way to diminish and discredit Christianity; there is, as has been said, a war being waged on Christianity. I don't see that bashing directed at any other religion.

So, like I said, whether you believe it, doesn't matter to me one bit.

Carry on.
I couldn't say this on a rep so I will do so here.

That's the best answer I have seen to their crap. The movement is coming along with progressivism and hasn't lessened lately. Now progs don't like that kind of talk, but who cares?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Which, of course, it is not - It's real, insidious and persistent.
GOOD! Then maybe it's working

Old 12-14-2009, 12:23 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I couldn't say this on a rep so I will do so here.

That's the best answer I have seen to their crap. The movement is coming along with progressivism and hasn't lessened lately. Now progs don't like that kind of talk, but who cares?
Well you know, there's a nice loooong thread about the supposed war on christmas so I guess you can take it there.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:26 PM

366 posts, read 297,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
HAH!

And if he did not celebrate Christmas, you all would be screaming about how he is some Muslim and wants to get rid of"Christian" values and all of that.

Go Obama. Do what you need to do. You just cannot please some people no matter what you do or say.

This is true. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of thing. As a conservative that didn't vote for President Obama, I wish others would choose their fights a little better.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Everybody knows that throughout history most of these "at the White House" events are dog and pony shows for the public. Now if it was REALLY Christmas there would be an argument between the President and his wife over tinsel or garland, which way the tree should face so the bare side doesn't show, whose relatives are coming for dinner and why he can win a Nobel Peace Prize but can't assemble a kid's bike...and then the dog would knock over the tree.
Great post Laura. The true spirit of Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies