Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,042 times

Advertisements

Obama, in his book "Dreams from my father" quoted a story of his father when someone asked not to sit near a "african american" and he gave that person a lecture on the universal rights of man and the American dream after that the man paid for the drinks of all the people in the bar. This story tells the depth of American dream in the minds of American and their belief on that dream.

Obama is not just a man out of millions of Americans who came and become president. He is an icon, a milestone to the democracy. Americans 'can' do whatever they dream to do.

This irony of America is portrayed in the winning of Obama and having the white house.

And I can say, there is no 'black' America no 'white' America, there is the United States of America.

Barack Obama -- Biography (http://barack-obama.divineandunique.com/barack-obama-about.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
ya now theres only rich america and poor america

Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Obviously, you are not a Republican, or that would have been hard-working America and lazy America. After all, we all know that the only way to get poor in America is to be lazy...

Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Thou shalt have no other gods before him.

p.s.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
He finishes ahead of the Golden Calf. Not to mention Limbaugh or Beck...

Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Obviously, you are not a Republican, or that would have been hard-working America and lazy America. After all, we all know that the only way to get poor in America is to be lazy...
And we all know that government workers know lazy when they see it.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
In your opinion he may have Won the White House, but not truly the hearts of MOST AMERICANS!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trovoltas View Post
Americans 'can' do whatever they dream to do.
Then I wonder why Obama thinks that Americans need the government to do everything for them.

That's just it. He doesn't believe Americans can do much of anything.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
You have got to be kidding right! Do you not watch tv or read. I did not vote for him, but wanted him to fail me wrong, are you kidding, so far he has not done a thing to change my mind. I don't like his frame of mind, when wanting to pass a bill. He is an ICON to you, please explain everything he has done to warrant being an icon. The irony of it all, is that we are in a no win situation!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
In your opinion he may have Won the White House, but not truly the hearts of MOST AMERICANS!
An optimist might think of Obama as being like a postal worker:

"There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension.

Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment.

Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few dollars.

By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went.

A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God.

All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?

Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing.

I think it might have been those bastards at the post office.

Sincerely, Edna"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies