Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The process by which President Obama decided on a new plan for pursuing the war in Afghanistan is complete. We are thus in a position not only to reach tentative conclusions about the plan, but also to evaluate the decision-making process and the speech in which the end product was announced.

All three -- the deliberations, the speech, and the plan -- seem seriously flawed.

We have known for a while that the administration's Afghanistan deliberations were taking too long. Now we know why, and the explanation is not pretty.
I realize obama has no military experience, I realize obama has no respect for his military organizations, I realize obama can only apologize for his POVs of history, but it's so obvious he doesn't support the US around the world, it's appalling. At least the CJCS is keeping calm in the face of it all, but I wonder what HIS private thoughts are, as well.

Quote:
It is possible that Obama's plan will succeed nonetheless. But the president has not used his three months of deliberations and his address to the nation to maximize the likelihood of success. Instead he has planted the seed of failure.
Failure is going to come at a great expense.

Paul Mirengoff: A flawed process yields a flawed plan for Afghanistan | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Sunday_Reflections/A-flawed-process-yields-a-flawed-plan-for-Afghanistan-8651132-79078367.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies