Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 AM

71 posts, read 50,681 times

Advertisements

This is the greatest country for the wealth to exploit its people, They have actually convinced many that they do not need health care, that the end of the world is coming and that they need to buy gold and rice for the coming end times. So much for putting trust in Jesus. LOL. Corporations have taken control of this country and now no matter who we send to Washington they are purchased before the wheels from the plain hits the ground for their first day of work. This is a great country for sending troops over to military bases left over from wars some from the Spanish American war. Now with two wars raging over lies and false promises we pander to the red neck lets just fight someone because its what we do mentality. As our people become dumber and we follow invisible men in the sky and myths of talking snakes its really a great country. The United States is becoming irrelevant in the world and rightfully so. We over reacted to 9/11 and pandered to our lowest emotion instead of having a cooler head and acting accordingly. This is a country that if I did not live here I would point my finger and laugh like mad at it, just like Europe does every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 06:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Good Post, oldpenny.

The bigger the lie the more people believe it. The liers are, and have been, looting all of us for their own financial benefit. The Free Market is no longer a viable concept in the world of crony and monopoly capitalism.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
The best part is that those in power have effectively pitted left & right against each other with bogus issues: gay rights, abortion, etc.
All the while they're laughing as they amass greater gains.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:15 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The best part is that those in power have effectively pitted left & right against each other with bogus issues: gay rights, abortion, etc.
Well more simply put, they've got us more worried about left vs. right than about poor vs. rich..... Oldest government trick in the book. Pit the masses against themselves.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:16 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A thread I can believe in. The key is those in power. The problem is that we let them have the power, and keep it way too long. The solution is blowoutcongress.com, strict term limits, kick out the lobbyist, and finally, real transparency.

It will never happen because the media, politicians, and a dumbed down voter will never let it happen.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Yep, we borked ourselves by not voting on what the agenda is but by what party proposed the agenda.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
A thread I can believe in. The key is those in power. The problem is that we let them have the power, and keep it way too long. The solution is blowoutcongress.com, strict term limits, kick out the lobbyist, and finally, real transparency.

It will never happen because the media, politicians, and a dumbed down voter will never let it happen.

Soccersupporter, you are absoutely correct, problem beginning with those who are in power, and yes some over stay there welcome. True the politicians, and media and yes voters will make sure it does never happen.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Soccersupporter, you are absoutely correct, problem beginning with those who are in power, and yes some over stay there welcome. True the politicians, and media and yes voters will make sure it does never happen.
I wish I was wrong!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Corporations are to blame? Last I checked it wasn't any corporation that takes more than a quarter of every single one of my paychecks. It wasn't a corporation that takes social security money and gives me a rate of return I could beat blindly picking any mutual fund. Government has bastardized the free market to a point where it doesn't work. If the government would stay out of our lives businesses and corporations could actually work for people.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:56 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpenny View Post
We over reacted to 9/11 and pandered to our lowest emotion instead of having a cooler head and acting accordingly. This is a country that if I did not live here I would point my finger and laugh like mad at it, just like Europe does every day.
Over-reacted to 9/11? That right there ended your credibility. I guess we could have invaded Afghanistan with a smile on our faces instead? In any case, perhaps Europe should not be laughing, since most of them also have troops there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies