Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 AM

19,283 posts, read 9,383,402 times

Advertisements

Two Riverside County teenage girls convicted of killing a woman so they could steal her car to go to Knott's Berry Farm have received lengthy prison sentences as a judge called them "child monsters."

2 Convicted Murderers Get Lengthy Prison Sentence - Care2 News Network

Anna Salinas, Dayana Cordova Carjacked, Murdered Mom So They Could go to Knott's Berry Farm - True Crime Report

What is wrong with people? The "Child Monsters" killers... - Honda-Tech

I'm sure this article in C-D won't be the only one involving "kids who kill" as it seems the news has a neverending source of incidents involving kids who kill, some do it 'just to see what it feels like' , others claim they did it because they wanted revenge, or in this case, a ride to the Knott's Berry Farm..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 AM

No matter what they used, be it gun, knife, hands for strangling, etc., the idea of killing someone was in their minds and that alone is a scary thought.....

Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 AM

14 posts, read 23,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
No matter what they used, be it gun, knife, hands for strangling, etc., the idea of killing someone was in their minds and that alone is a scary thought.....

I believe that everyone has a thought to kill some one else at one time or another. Its just natural. Why do you think there is war? Because people think about killing one another for their land/religion/money/oil/whateverreasonpeoplecanthinkof. Just like people kill animals for food, and their skins/bones/whatever.

I used to hear of these school shootings all the time, and people killing one another almost every other day on the news. Its a daily thing when some one kills another.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 AM

42,618 posts, read 86,565,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post

I'm sure this article in C-D won't be the only one involving "kids who kill" as it seems the news has a neverending source of incidents involving kids who kill, some do it 'just to see what it feels like' , others claim they did it because they wanted revenge, or in this case, a ride to the Knott's Berry Farm..........
If the news is still reporting them, they must be pretty rare. FInd something that happens all the time to lots of people to worry about.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:52 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,225,076 times
Yes. Kids killing is definitely unique to 'our' society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
When Alexander became sixteen years old, his tutorship under Aristotle came to an end. Philip, the king, departed to wage war against Byzantium, and Alexander was left in charge as regent of the kingdom. During Philip's absence, the Thracian Maedi revolted against Macedonian rule. Alexander responded quickly; he crushed the Maedi insurgence, driving them from their territory, colonised it with Greeks, and founded a city named Alexandropolis.[24][25][26][27]

Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
I thnii that much depends on the mentalk sate and the society the kid was raised in. Now days many have little regard for life it seems.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,225,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnii that much depends on the mentalk sate and the society the kid was raised in. Now days many have little regard for life it seems.
I advise to check a little history.

People were pretty violent and not afraid to take a life in the then days too

Old 12-16-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnis54 View Post
I believe that everyone has a thought to kill some one else at one time or another. Its just natural. Why do you think there is war? Because people think about killing one another for their land/religion/money/oil/whateverreasonpeoplecanthinkof. Just like people kill animals for food, and their skins/bones/whatever.

I used to hear of these school shootings all the time, and people killing one another almost every other day on the news. Its a daily thing when some one kills another.
You're comparing war to these two girls and what they did? That's like apples and oranges. Suppose it was someone you cared alot about and they were nice enough to give someone [girls, no less] a ride to possibly prevent them from coming to harm, and then as it turns out, the Good Samaritan type gets shot in the head. She probably wouldn't have been so quick to say ok, if it had been guys but seeing as though they were girls, she was more likely to help and what'd that get her? Now the child has no mother. People wonder why others are less likely to be helpful anymore? Next time they see a couple girls who need a ride, what's the 1st thing that will cross their mind - providing they heard about this story?

As for thoughts, yeah, I'm sure that happens but it's a big difference between thinking it and carrying it out too. Some people may just think/say it but it's usually a 'passing' thought. Not pre-meditated.
===
You:
===
I've heard of the school shootings too but they've been in greater number since the 1990's. Right, killings do happen every day. It's the specific type of acts that, in this case, catches one's attention.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If the news is still reporting them, they must be pretty rare. FInd something that happens all the time to lots of people to worry about.
The particular story of how this crime occurred is just as newsworthy.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,195,624 times
But I thought all children were a precious gift from god?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies