Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Excellent! I love seeing you waste your money!

I hereby pledge to double that if a recall campaign against him is started, or towards his opponent's campaign if he dares to run again in 2012.

Now that is a waste of money, remember what old Joe did to Ned Lamont?

Uh oh look out Roland what do you think the loony left will say about your wife.

Burris Pushes Back - Prescriptions Blog - NYTimes.com

"Senator Roland W. Burris, Democrat of Illinois, has vowed that he will not vote for a health care bill that does not include a government-run insurance plan, or public option."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Now that is a waste of money, remember what old Joe did to Ned Lamont?

Uh oh look out Roland what do you think the loony left will say about your wife.

Burris Pushes Back - Prescriptions Blog - NYTimes.com

"Senator Roland W. Burris, Democrat of Illinois, has vowed that he will not vote for a health care bill that does not include a government-run insurance plan, or public option."
Is his wife a paid wh**e for the Insurance Industry? No. Is he on the right side of this issue? Yes. So use your brain and try to imagine why we'd have a single thing to say about his wife.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Is his wife a paid wh**e for the Insurance Industry? No. Is he on the right side of this issue? Yes. So use your brain and try to imagine why we'd have a single thing to say about his wife.

Tsk tsk tsk that is not a very enlightened way to view the spousal relationship. His choice of employment should not affect hers or visa versa. If you have some proof that there is something untoward going on produce it or stop the libel.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

Tsk tsk tsk that is not a very enlightened way to view the spousal relationship. His choice of employment should not affect hers or visa versa. If you have some proof that there is something untoward going on produce it or stop the libel.
What makes you think something "untoward" must be going on for me to call a paid Insurance Industry Lobbyist a wh*re for that industry? And how you get libel out of that is beyond me. She is what she is, and I can call her whatever I want for it. Including a PIG.

But I love how you guys get all hysterical over name-calling, oh you of the side who refers to our President as NObama, OBambi, 0bama, Hussein, and about a million other epithets.

Y'all crack me up.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
What makes you think something "untoward" must be going on for me to call a paid Insurance Industry Lobbyist a wh*re for that industry? And how you get libel out of that is beyond me. She is what she is, and I can call her whatever I want for it. Including a PIG.

But I love how you guys get all hysterical over name-calling, oh you of the side who refers to our President as NObama, OBambi, 0bama, Hussein, and about a million other epithets.

Y'all crack me up.
Agreed. She is an insurance lobbyist and therefore a pig. As for the name calling, well... like you said, it goes both ways.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Y'all crack me up.
Well you certainly can never find an instance of me using those terms. I have no problem with you using them it exposes you for what you are. Calling someone a ***** is libelous.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and yet the democrats want to FORCE people to BUY health INSURANCE...and their bill does nothing about lowing the cost of health CARE

far left liberals should be tar and feathered
Sure, the cost of health care needs lowering. I think we'd all vote for that no matter what shade of red blue or purple, so go ahead and petition that medical industrial complex for permission. Wish you'd think 2 steps ahead of yourself before you tar and feather those liberals; who's paying for their uninsured ER visit???

As for the rest of the commentary from other posters....
Lieberman is an opportunist, nothing more, nothing less. His agenda isn't representative of any party, and his voting record goes to whomever has the most similar agenda. Dem's are notoriously contentious with one another and don't blithely follow the party line. Lieberman wouldn't last a day in Repub camp, they'd have no tolerance.

I'm 3rd party and he should be dismissed. Not because he failed to support my personal opinion, but in the spirit of getting the public service the majority of americans are paying with tax dollars to be accomplished. Obstructionism is not productive and a higher degree of statesmanship is what's being asked of all parties concerned. Tantrums and spoil sports can go sit by their dish. Whomever is for, against, or can miraculously create a better fair plan... let the arguments win on merits alone. Enough with the drama. We need the devil out of the details so get to work.

Alternatively mob rules could decide Liebermans fate considering the 10% unemployed rate largely have no insurance because Cobra is prohibitively expensive. They've got nothing but time on their hands, let them filibuster his filibuster until he's unemployed right along with them.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
He does indeed. Funny how the libbies and demmies are 'crying foul' and whining when they don't get what they want. Patheitc...just pathetic.

Here's a news flash: The Health care Bill Is Dying and Mr. Obama confirmed it today with his obviously desperate and fear mongering speech. My dog acts like that when he has to go outside to pee.
....just pathetic.
The whole thing with Leberman is more smoke and mirrors. The Dems know that we can't afford this bill but want to pander to their leftie base. IMO they are praying for someone to kill it. That way they get someone to blame, can posture all they want, but don't destroy what's left of the economy.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:12 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: 81% Of Dems Want Lieberman Punished For Health Care Filibuster

How can they punish an independent?
He's not an Independent - he's a Republican - I don't care what ticket he masquerades under.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Lieberman should have been "punished" for what he did at the Republican convention. But Obama is too dumb to realize when you pet snakes, they are still snakes. Now he got bit in the ass which serves him right.
he should have been 'punished'???? why ??? because he didnt follow the "party" line??? because he backed who he thought was the better candidate???

you people are funny...all you do is complain when someone doent follow the "party line"...guess what...liberals prove on this thread, that they are FASCISTS.....dont follow the 'party line' and we will punish you

fact is that the bills that are being purposed are garbage...they do NOTHING to lower the cost of health CARE...they do NOTHING to even lower the cost of health INSURANCE...btw..insurance is not CARE.....all the house version does is MANDATE that you buy insurnace, either though a private insuance company, or though the 'government' insuance company...and the currenty senate version, wont do crap for the supposed 30 million uninsured since they mostly fall in the 18-45 age bracket...lowing the age of medicare to 55 will do NOTHING for what these bills were originally supposed to take care of

we need health CARE reform...not more bureaucracy

and single payer is not the answer, not with the size of our population, especially the amount of elderly, sick, and the 'non-workers'.

every country that has single payer, is cutting back because they cant afford it...to include france
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies