Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I agree with the grade that he gave himself because he came into the office with a lot of mess left behind by Bush for him to clean up.
and what has he cleaned up may I ask?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,268,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Interesting. You think i'm "scoffing" just to be "scoffing."

Did it ever occur to you that you could have blinders on because you support Obama no matter what?

It works two ways.
Nope, no blinders. Just because I support a president doesn't mean I adore him. Big difference. I have the ability to see him & analyze his mannerisms in an unbiased manner, but it seems perhaps you cannot. As I've said, I see no evidence of narcissism & I see that there's no evidence being provided either.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:40 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,996,840 times
Default No Surprise About That "Whined A Lot" Mention !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Well, when he has the ability to just blame everything else on something he "inherited", then its easy to ignore all of the decisions that he has made which may or may not be contributing to futher problems. Thus, pawning off the responsibility, typical of what we see here everyday, means that he can wash the negatives against his percieved positives and puff up the grade he thinks he deserves.

I thought it sounded a bit inflated too.

Funny thing. During the interview he whined like nobody else about how no other president has ever inherited problems. I laughed a little. Victim mentality doesn't even escape the left when they make it to the White House.
Greetings.

Indeed the left's acute mindset of "Victim Mentality" is not only alive and well among these ranks of childish "Whiners" but also appears to be
unfortunately increasing on an unprecedented scale.

It is quite laughable and yet pathetically sad to witness these seriously inept folks running amuck while they occupy the highest political offices in our beloved nation .

It is absolutely no surprise whatsoever regarding the POTUS rating himself with a higher score than the vast majority of Americans would ever give him due a most unremarkable performance thus far !

The sickening part of the entire matter is that the President in all likelyhood may actually believe that he deserves a comfortable passing
score ... afterall it has to be the fault of someone else if America is actually experiencing one of it's most dire crisis in 75 years !

It truly appears that these poor miserable folks shall never escape from their vindictive and repetitive use of the "Blame Someone Else & Or I'm A Poor Victim" Schemes !

It is a most frightening prospect to ponder just what type of effective leadership these paltry elected politicians are capable of rendering should the U.S. face a most threatening global crisis !

America needs the best and the brightest folks we have to effectively lead this great nation. What we have in place now represents perhaps the very worst ever experienced in the history of this beloved land !

Thanks / Lamar

Old 12-15-2009, 03:48 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,466,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greetings.

America needs the best and the brightest folks we have to effectively lead this great nation. What we have in place now represents perhaps the very worst ever experienced in the history of this beloved land !

Thanks / Lamar
The brightest? Did you vote for Bush? He was named the worst president you guys had.
Actually, didn`t you experience the worst nightmare in your history during Bushs first year of being a president?

A different thing: What most on CD don`t understand is that the crisis is affecting every nation worlwide, at least the Western countries.
I know for some of you there is only the US and other countries don`t matter, but we all have to struggle to go through these times that are the results of the financial/economic crisis from 2007!
What some of you expect is a fast recovery, and that is not possible.
The economy takes baby-steps to get where it once was.
Japan had to suffer under a depression for a decade!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 06:08 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
Quote:
Handling of the Economy = C-
Handling of Health Care = D
Handling of Foreign Affairs = C
Here's my grades:
Handling of the Economy = B
Handling of Health Care = C-
Handling of Foreign Affairs = A+

Old 12-15-2009, 06:10 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,790,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
but what can one expect from such an arrogant narcissist?

How the Public Graded*Obama - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Overall: C-.

Second 100 days measurably worse than the first 100.

CNN: Second 100 Days (http://reportcard.cnn.com/ - broken link)
I give him a D and that is being generous right now.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times
B+ ????

That's what happens when we let the kids grade their own papers.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, for starter's, i'll keep it simple: His incessant need to project a grandiose image of himself via blazing rhetoric and the use of "I" in every conversation.

You really don't see it do you?

That's very troubling indeed (but not surprising).
Don't forget his record breaking use of the media to get on TV - of course he must have ALL of the networks broadcasting his pressers and woe is be to the ONE station (Fox Network, not Fox News) that chose to not broadcast his colossal waste of everyone's time.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Quote:
Japan had to suffer under a depression for a decade!!!
And obama didn't learn a damn thing from the mistakes they made as well as our own recessions/depression.

He is making the same mistake the Japanese made and FDR made - spending your way out and growing the government is NOT the way to a recovery.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:55 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,268,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
- spending your way out and growing the government is NOT the way to a recovery.
Well then what is the way? Do you have a solid realistic solution? I don't & quite frankly, I don't think anyone does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies