Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:56 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Fox News is running the story and showing the picture but leaving out the crucial detail that the drawing is of the child not Jesus. In fact they have altered the picture to remove the board above the head of the victim that clearly displays the first name of the child.

Fox News, we distort you decide.
That is a pretty serious accusation, do you have any evidence to support such a claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
That is a pretty serious accusation, do you have any evidence to support such a claim?
Yes, I heard it with my own ears and saw it with my own eyes. The picture that they displayed on the screen is not the same one that has been shown by other media outlets.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:05 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Fox News is running the story and showing the picture but leaving out the crucial detail that the drawing is of the child not Jesus. In fact they have altered the picture to remove the board above the head of the victim that clearly displays the first name of the child.

I saw the first report this morning, and the drawing was intact, with the name above the stick figure.

If a name was removed, then it was to protect the identity of the child.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I saw the first report this morning, and the drawing was intact, with the name above the stick figure.

If a name was removed, then it was to protect the identity of the child.
When I saw the story very early mountain time, the picture had been altered and the name removed. They also erroneously reported that it was a picture of Jesus not the child. Even if the name was removed to protect the child's identity, not mentioning that fact is a gross distortion of the true story, par for the course for Fox News. When the whole story and the actions of the school are based on the fact that the child drew a picture of himself being tortured to death complete with a plaque displaying his name, it is not an insignificant thing for Fox News to change it into a story about a drawing of Jesus.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Yes, I heard it with my own ears and saw it with my own eyes. The picture that they displayed on the screen is not the same one that has been shown by other media outlets.
The problem is, you are biased as you specifically state in the last part of that post with:

Quote:
Even if you stated such in an objective manner, I could still not take your claim as fact, simply a claim that lacks any proper validation.

So unless you can provide some sort of validation to your claim. A clip from the broadcast, a snapshot from it, etc...

There is no way to even know if what you are saying is true, or simply libelous claims.

So until then, we have to disregard your claim as invalid and set it in the same category as gossip.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
I probably saw the same report. You couldn't see the name on the board from the full shot of the drawing. When FOX went for a close up they panned down, therefore not showing the board. They were also claiming it was a drawing of Jesus, despite the video they aired where the father was claiming it was a drawing of the child.

Uproar over drawing has mom ‘upset’ - BostonHerald.com
Quote:
Johnson said his son told school officials the stick figure was a self-portrait.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Sco

Quote:
The problem is, you are biased as you specifically state in the last part of that post with:

Even if you stated such in an objective manner, I could still not take your claim as fact, simply a claim that lacks any proper validation.

So unless you can provide some sort of validation to your claim. A clip from the broadcast, a snapshot from it, etc...

There is no way to even know if what you are saying is true, or simply libelous claims.

So until then, we have to disregard your claim as invalid and set it in the same category as gossip.
Dude, I think you need to chill. This is an internet forum not a courtroom, so spare me the rules of evidence lecture. You can choose to believe me or not, I don't care either way.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Fox News is running the story and showing the picture but leaving out the crucial detail that the drawing is of the child not Jesus.

does this look like an 8 year old black male to you?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
does this look like an 8 year old black male to you?

You do know that the father has stated that it is a picture of his son right? Also, unless the child knows some long dead ancient language, the name shown on the drawing is clearly his own and not the word Jesus.

Fox News is running that picture with the name removed and claiming that it is supposed to be Jesus.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
You do know that the father has stated that it is a picture of his son right?
no, i didn't. do you have a link?

Quote:
Also, unless the child knows some long dead ancient language, the name shown on the drawing is clearly is own and not the word Jesus.
writing his name on the drawing means nothing. if he drew a picture of a dog, and put his name on the paper, does that indicate that he believes himself to be a dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies