Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 11:28 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Your histrionics aside; I have one question for you: Do you support affirmative action; a policy that gives preferential treatment to a group of people based solely and wholly on the color of their skin?
Yes, I support Affirmative Action. No, it does not give preference to people based solely on the color of their skin, but levels the playing field for jobs that have historically discriminated against persons based on their skin color...which is less and less important these days admittedly.

I hope that makes your head explode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 11:36 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Here's a test of you intellectual honesty:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ma-racist.html

Man enough to utter, (type) these words: "It appears as if I was wrong; my apologies"?
Yes, and I'm guessing considering your birther posting history may have had something to do with the responses. Also your simple yes or no was a bit dishonest poll question. A more honest question would have included a 3rd option, and would have been along the lines off this

Are those who are strongly opposed to Obama racist?

A Yes, if you are strongly opposed to Obama it is because of his race.

B No, those who are strongly opposed to Obama are opposed to him for reasons other than his race.

C It Depends. While many of those who are strongly opposed to Obama are opposed for reasons other than race, it count be discounted that some opposition is race based.

That would have been a much fairer question and would have likely gotten your different results, because while its stupid and naive to assume people are opposed to Obama only due to race its also stupid and naive to assume that none of the opposition is race based either

Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The Indian American Governor was elected only after changing his name and religion, and those who were in some of the most Republican and conservative portions of the state refused to vote for him his first time around. I wonder why that is???

As far as the Vietnamese American Congressman, you do realize that it was mostly Democrats that voted for him correct? And that he represents one of the most liberal districts in the south? A district Obama won 74-25....
Did Jindal change his skin color and ethnic heritage?lol I can't imagine what it must be like to think that your side is always right about everything, all of the time, and the opposition is always wrong about everything, all of the time. You're such a partisan hack. lol

Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Yes, I support Affirmative Action. No, it does not give preference to people based solely on the color of their skin, but levels the playing field for jobs that have historically discriminated against persons based on their skin color...which is less and less important these days admittedly.

I hope that makes your head explode.
So you support combating racist practices, by implementing and advocating racist practices. How are you not a hypocrite?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Yes, and I'm guessing considering your birther posting history may have had something to do with the responses. Also your simple yes or no was a bit dishonest poll question. A more honest question would have included a 3rd option, and would have been along the lines off this

Are those who are strongly opposed to Obama racist?

A Yes, if you are strongly opposed to Obama it is because of his race.

B No, those who are strongly opposed to Obama are opposed to him for reasons other than his race.

C It Depends. While many of those who are strongly opposed to Obama are opposed for reasons other than race, it count be discounted that some opposition is race based.

That would have been a much fairer question and would have likely gotten your different results, because while its stupid and naive to assume people are opposed to Obama only due to race its also stupid and naive to assume that none of the opposition is race based either
Link or apologize. You have zero credibility and are a partisan hack. You also claimed that Corzine was going to get reelected in NJ and have yet to admit that you were wrong. Bottom line: You are not man enough o admit when you're wrong.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Link or apologize. You have zero credibility and are a partisan hack. You also claimed that Corzine was going to get reelected in NJ and have yet to admit that you were wrong. Bottom line: You are not man enough o admit when you're wrong.
You are a birther aren't you??

Anyway I did say I was wrong about Corzine....

Old 12-17-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Did Jindal change his skin color and ethnic heritage?lol I can't imagine what it must be like to think that your side is always right about everything, all of the time, and the opposition is always wrong about everything, all of the time. You're such a partisan hack. lol
No he did not, it doesn't change the fact that a big reason why he lost in 2003 due to his skin color. In 2003 he lost very Republican counties that McCain won with over 80% of the vote last year...

Old 12-17-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
You are a birther aren't you??

Anyway I did say I was wrong about Corzine....
Link to both or apologize. Are you man enough?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
No he did not, it doesn't change the fact that a big reason why he lost in 2003 due to his skin color. In 2003 he lost very Republican counties that McCain won with over 80% of the vote last year...
So one time he lost because of his skin color and the following election he won with the same skin color? Dude, you're getting pwned worse than the Greenpeace GW fanatics in the Lord Monkton clip.

Btw, might wanna rethink spouting the line that he changed his name to get elected; from wiki:

Personal life

Piyush Jindal was born on June 10, 1971, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Indian immigrants Amar and Raj Jindal, who had recently arrived for Amar to attend graduate school at Louisiana State University.[1] His father, Amar, left Punjab in India and his ancestral family village of Khanpura, Malerkotla in 1970. Amar was the first person in Jindal's paternal family to attend school past the fifth grade and to graduate from high school.[6] Amar has a degree in civil engineering.[7] His mother, Raj, is an information technology director for the Louisiana Department of Labor and served as assistant secretary to former state labor secretary Garey Forster during the administration of Governor Murphy J. "Mike" Foster, Jr.[8] Jindal also has a younger brother named Nikesh, who is a registered Republican and has supported his elder brother's campaign for Governor.[9][10] Nikesh went to both Dartmouth Undergraduate and Yale Law School, where he graduated with honors, and is now a lawyer in Washington, D. C..[7] Jindal's self-adopted nickname, "Bobby", dates to his childhood and his identification with the sitcom character Bobby Brady. According to Jindal, "Every day after school, I'd come home and I'd watch The Brady Bunch. And I identified with Bobby, you know? He was about my age, and 'Bobby' stuck."[11] He has been known by his choice of nickname ever since—as a civil servant, politician, student, and writer—but his legal name remains Piyush Jindal.[12]

Old 12-17-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Link to both or apologize. Are you man enough?

As far as the birther comment goes, I did not find any quotes on it, however I don't have the time to go through every single post, so if you are not a birther and I confused you with someone else I do apologize. With that being said, the poll question you referenced was still quite poor, as it is really not a straight up yes or no question.

As far as the Corzine comments, what I found was talking about him running a poor campaign and voters being angry with him, with that being said I didn't go through every post, and I also post on numerous boards so I could have made that comment on other websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies