Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:40 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That would be like committing political suicide. He's in it, and he'd be a fool to walk away from it now.

I have to disagree. Only because people really are much more interested in the economy and jobs right now, it would be the perfect time to do it especially if he managed to turn the economic picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Interestingly, I value Howard Dean's opinion on this, not only because he's a Democrat, but he's also a doctor.

To me, his oppositional stance speaks volumes.
You're not going to find anyone on the right to agree with you, some do not even respect him as a doctor, let alone as a politician.

I'm in agreement with you, because I believe Mr. Dean knows what he's talking about when he said to kill it.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I can tell you this much, physicians don't like or respect Howard Dean. He wants to increase autonomy and empower nurse practioners, PA's and others in the health care system and strip aways the rights of physicians. He is not well liked and is considered a traitor among physicians. If Howard Dean had his way, a lot of unqualified people will be taking care of patients and that is downright scary!
Strip away what rights of physicians? Also, I see a nurse practitioner and I find her extremely qualified. She spends time with me, makes good judgement calls, is accessible, and is very cost effective!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:52 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Strip away what rights of physicians? Also, I see a nurse practitioner and I find her extremely qualified. She spends time with me, makes good judgement calls, is accessible, and is very cost effective!
He may be referring to the imaginary rights some doctors feel they have to control ALL health care decisions so they can make more money and make sure nurse practitioners cannot practice independently.

I also see a nurse practitioner and I prefer her to my doctors. She actually listens to me and isn't trying to rush me out the door. It doesn't hurt that she costs less per visit than my doctors.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have to disagree. Only because people really are much more interested in the economy and jobs right now, it would be the perfect time to do it especially if he managed to turn the economic picture.
And I can just hear the howls from Republicans about the "health care proposal disaster" if Obama pulled out now.

No, just like with "real life" outside of politics, sometimes it's better to go through with a commitment and deal with the consequences than to back out at the last minute - even if it's for a good cause.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
Quote:
And I can just hear the howls from Republicans about the "health care proposal disaster" if Obama pulled out now.

No, just like with "real life" outside of politics, sometimes it's better to go through with a commitment and deal with the consequences than to back out at the last minute - even if it's for a good cause.
Eh, let the Republicans blast him more. I could care less what they think.
This is about the American people, not the Republicans.

This health care bill SUCKS! It just benefits the medical industrial complex.

Single-payer is what we should be striving for, not more outrageous profits for Big Pharma and health insurance companies.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:59 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
And, rightfully so, they've gutted the healthcare bill like a fish. It isn't worth 2 cents now, kill the bill and start over.
Absolutely.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:16 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Former Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean argued Wednesday that the health care overhaul bill taking shape in the Senate further empowers private insurers at the expense of consumer choice — a claim the White House rejected.

"This is an insurance company's dream," the former Democratic presidential candidate said. "This is the Washington scramble, and it's a shame."

Dean urges defeat of emerging health care bill - Politics- msnbc.com

--------------------------------------------------------

At this point, I'm not sure what to think about the health care bill.
It sure as hell is not going to do anything to lower health care costs.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
per op
me too
kill the bill
i emailed my rep and senator today.
if the ship goes down the sharks wont ask-- are you demo or GOP.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Eh, let the Republicans blast him more. I could care less what they think.
This is about the American people, not the Republicans.

This health care bill SUCKS! It just benefits the medical industrial complex.

Single-payer is what we should be striving for, not more outrageous profits for Big Pharma and health insurance companies.
And how much of a profit is there for selling health care insurance?

A government run single payer plan is a disastrous choice.

At least when a privately run company runs up debt, they are forced out of business, Medicare is trillions in the whole, and people think its a good idea to expand it with a single payer government plan. $40 trillion in taxpayer liabilities and people want to duplicate it with another similar plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies