Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:14 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

The more 0bama speaks, the more all his speeches sound the same. He could read a teleprompter speech about the Easter egg roll with the same firm conviction as he does when warning of dire consequences for not passing a bill.

It has gotten to the point where I hear him make a speech, and goes into that left-right tennis match cadence, I don't even have confidence that he knows what he is even saying.

Quote:
“If we don't pass it, here's the guarantee….your premiums will go up, your employers are going to load up more costs on you,” he said. “Potentially they're going to drop your coverage, because they just can't afford an increase of 25 percent, 30 percent in terms of the costs of providing health care to employees each and every year. “

President Obama: Federal Government 'Will Go Bankrupt' if Health Care Costs Are Not Reined In - The World Newser
Quote:
"Because each day we wait to begin the work of turning our economy around, more people lose their jobs, their savings and their homes. And if nothing is done, this recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse.

That's why I feel such a sense of urgency about the recovery plan before Congress. With it, we will create or save more than 3 million jobs over the next two years, provide immediate tax relief to 95 percent of American workers, ignite spending by businesses and consumers alike, and take steps to strengthen our country for years to come."

Barack Obama - The Action Americans Need

Quote:
"We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review"

Obama will ban earmarks from stimulus bill - CNN.com
Quote:
"I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table. We'll have doctors and nurses and hospital administrators. Insurance companies, drug companies -- they'll get a seat at the table, they just won't be able to buy every chair. But what we will do is, we'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies. And so, that approach, I think is what is going to allow people to stay involved in this process."

Broken Promise - Video - FOXNews.com (http://video.foxnews.com/12444804/broken-promise/?category_id=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b0c12f2 749:liar::liar::liar: - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
I didnt believe him from jump. Sadly many did believe in his change you can believe in slogan. Without actually listening to his speeches.

All politicians but you will find that democrats are just going to make that excuse. How dare we actually expect them to not lie to us. That is just unheard of. Why would we ever want truthful politicians. If they cant do something just say they cant do it. They would be respected thru the roof for simply being honest.

Adults really need to stop making excuses for their bad behavior. That includes politicians

Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Wingnuts are always suspicious of people who doesn't agree with them.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Those who don't offer up blind faith to the political gods are wingnuts?
Contrary logic at best.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
He talks LEFT but he governs RIGHT- in fact even FAR RIGHT.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:50 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Sadly, Obama has become hot air. A talking head. When you look at his year in office in an overview, you'll hear and see lots of words and speeches....you'll also start to spot lots of conflicting words and ideas. Does he really have any kind of firm core belief system?? Doesn't seem like it. If he does, it is at odds with the average US citizen.

Not a president, just a big ego spewing hot air. Most people have caught on. Few listen or believe.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Zero.

Personally, I think he's in danger of burning the American public out with this tone. I'm sure i'm not the only person that's beginning to wince every time I hear that same tone when he speaks. Nauseating almost not in message, but in tone and delivery. People are getting tired of hearing him.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:55 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Sadly, Obama has become hot air. A talking head. When you look at his year in office in an overview, you'll hear and see lots of words and speeches....you'll also start to spot lots of conflicting words and ideas. Does he really have any kind of firm core belief system?? Doesn't seem like it. If he does, it is at odds with the average US citizen.

Not a president, just a big ego spewing hot air. Most people have caught on. Few listen or believe.
Looking back on his career thus far,it could be said that he has been consistent.
Why are people suprised?

Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He talks LEFT but he governs RIGHT- in fact even FAR RIGHT.
Here is a bit of advise, when you don't have anything intelligent to say - don't.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Looking back on his career thus far,it could be said that he has been consistent.
Why are people suprised?
I don't think people are surprised, I think they are just now realizing it.

I mean, he was only elected because he was in the right place at the right time....
1.- Horrible Bush years and people were voting against Bush/Repubs.
2.- The Repubs had McCain.....WEAK......was McCain really the best the Repubs had to offer?
3.- Obama is black.....WOW....a black man to vote for....we change history and get rid of our guilt in one simple vote.

Add those three things together, Obama didn't win because of who he was or what his ideas were.....Obama won because of the circumstances.

His lies and spin were overlooked by most during the campaign due to the three above mentioned factors......he is now our president. People have woken up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies