Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:23 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We only have a million gallons a second or so pouring out the mouth of the Mississippi.

The only people I know with serious problems are those building heavily is arid areas like the Southwestern US or growing crops that are more water intensive (corn) for the areas waterfall instead of other grains.

So, unsustainable development and usage patterns will need to change...but the premise we might run out of fresh water is hyperbole.
Nope. The water table nationwide is lower than ever before. The water table is where many people draw their water from. Hyperbole...your new buzzword for disagreement, you're a smarty allright. mathguy
Yeah, they'll just pipe more water from lake michigan to the southwest, that makes sense!

I color coded my reply to your hyperbole disagreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Ironic you should refrence a movie that has such a police state, "one world order" theme to it.
No doubt the Obama team has watched on their movie nights together and been inspired.
Yeah, when this happens, they'll be in your neighborhood first looking for you.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:13 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
TX was being sarcastic due to the "all scenarios support my position" arguments that some of the pro-AGW crowd are making.
Whew!

Old 12-22-2009, 02:19 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,941,832 times
To all the Global Warming believers out there...After all the recent fraud falsfying and hiding data why do you still cling in believing in a Hoax...

Is it that Mother Nature promised you all 70 virgins in the after life...

Old 12-22-2009, 04:42 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You forgot "more hurricanes", "fewer Hurricanes".
Also forgot to add:

Cloudy days
Sunny days
Windy days
Calm days

Old 12-22-2009, 04:57 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Here's a couple of my thoughts:
Global warming is happening, my question has always been the human input. I also wonder what the Neanderthals thought when the glaciers started to melt. And I look at the warm spell around 1000AD until 1350 or so (my dates might be off a bit since I'm working from memory) or the Little Ice Age in the 1800s.

I agree with Hombre on aquifer depletion. Depletion of the aquifers is directly laid to population increase on the West Coast (people living in what essentially is a desert in LA) and the massive irrigation in the MidWest depleting the Ogllalla Aquifer due to large scale agriculture. But that area also happens to be our breadbasket. That depletion is happening in my area also: the neighboring county (Charles) is predicted to deplete it's share of the main aquifer used by 2020, yet residential construction continues apace. My town is on public water but the unincorporated areas are on individual wells and every house has an outdoor sprinkler system. The houses that are more than 15 years old are now suffering well failure. My flower gardens are about 95% native plants and my wife and I get a lot of criticism for it (we have very little lawn, mostly flowers). What's funny about that is that people are starting to copy us-flower garden instead of grass in the front yard, native plants, trees, etc.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
To all the Global Warming believers out there...After all the recent fraud falsfying and hiding data why do you still cling in believing in a Hoax...

Is it that Mother Nature promised you all 70 virgins in the after life...

If some conservative had been the one to bring this out instead of Gore the left would have jumped all over this as a fraud. they'd have all of these emails on the evening news every night until we knew everything....

Anybody seen that happen yet??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies