Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Avatar I think is one of the few movies that will get a lot of press for being bashed on both sides of the political spectrum. That makes me sad since this movie is no more racist than any first-person perspective of life in an aboriginal tribe living off the land with stone-age era weaponry. Further, yeah there was probably some undercurrent of anti-corporation, anti-Bush sentiment in this movie (it was, after all, started shooting when W was still in office), with a not-too-subtle environmentalist tone at one part, but overall this is more of a David vs. Goliath type of movie than anything else.

On the other hand, the fact that it isn't being boycotted and folks from all walks of life are enjoying it speaks volumes of the great middle of America, and most people have better things to do with their time than over-analyzing every little itty bitty thing in a movie.

How or where is it being bashed from the left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 10:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
The right hates everything.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Grow up. The liberals are the biggest racist and haters around. A liberal can't join a conversation without frothing at the mouth and resorting to name calling and insults.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Grow up. The liberals are the biggest racist and haters around. A liberal can't join a conversation without frothing at the mouth and resorting to name calling and insults.
LOL! You are so funny. You say "grow up" and then say all of that.

Funny funny! Conservatives are so funny. Hope you are not offended.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Oh, come now. You know far better than to throw out blanket statements , like this, when I'm around TLV. I do NOT 'hate everything' and I am quite right leaning in my views. You and I have actually seen eye level, on more than one issue, and as to 'hatred' of specific things, said 'hatred' was correlative to those specific issues as well. It would do you more justice, to not issue blanket statements, such as this, and to not be so general in your phrasing. Let not raw emotion rule your posting, hard though that is at times. Politics, regardless of the media in which they are presented,can tend to jade ones outlook in an unreasonable manner, when presenting a viewpoint. For example, if you and I were to discuss this film, over a campfire, after a day of gathering cattle, with beans biscuits, and Jim Beam as the fare of the evening, the discussion would likely be quite different , as compared to a heady Merlot, accompanied by Scampi, and Anti Pesto, yes? Don't be so quick to judge, based on percieved politics, when discssing 'entertainment'. Often, it can be rather surprising, where such a discusion may lead.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 PM

300 posts, read 429,825 times
Quote:

The left is always wrong

Old 12-26-2009, 12:39 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Like your post you mean?

Old 12-26-2009, 06:46 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
How or where is it being bashed from the left?
http://mojocincy.com/cincy/raylove/d...t-subtext#more

Old 12-26-2009, 06:53 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Well there you have it then. Mojo Cincy represents the POV of the left.

You got nuthin.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:57 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Well there you have it then. Mojo Cincy represents the POV of the left.

You got nuthin.
If you would stop frothing about the mouth and getting all worked up over some photons emanating from your screen then you'd see my previous post argues that this movie is being bashed by extreme elements on both sides of the political spectrum.

Then I went on to say that thank god most people have better things to do than listen to mumbo jumbo from granola eating whackos or GAWD AND CONTRY WHERE'S MAH SHOT-GUN? idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies