Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
You have single quotes. The list I furnished was a mere fraction of all the Bushisms. One year's worth. Shall I post them all?

All presidents have said stupid things. But NONE come remotely close to Dubya. He really is a national treasure that way.
I notice that you chose to ignore my post (post 119) showing how your list is a joke. Statements taken completely out of context to further an agenda. Just continue doing it. Can you say lack of credibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkramar View Post
why should i? They didn't have anything to teach me. I joined the military fresh out of high school. Signed up before i even graduated.

But i had a 4.0 in high school. Because i'm a fricking genius.
ok.....

Old 01-17-2010, 06:27 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
You have single quotes. The list I furnished was a mere fraction of all the Bushisms. One year's worth. Shall I post them all?

All presidents have said stupid things. But NONE come remotely close to Dubya. He really is a national treasure that way.
You are equating presidents "saying stupid things" to democrats supporting the war in Iraq? Before they didn't?

Not even close.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
*makes motorboat sound*

You are a dumb kid.
Which is what most liberals do when faced with the truth.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
First, thanks for pointing out that President Clinton was very successful at keeping Saddam Hessein in check WITHOUT going to a disastrous war.
How is letting a dictator get away with defying HOW MANY UN RESOLUTIONS keeping anyone in check? Nice try, but nope. Clinton had no balls. How many terrorist attacks under his watch? How much planning went on, in the US, by the terrorists, under his watch? He was too busy entertaining Hollyweird, playing his sax and keeping tabs on Monica....maybe the incident in Somalia was too much for him.

Quote:
For a little context on your quotes:
snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes
You rely on snopes.com? The man and wife team from CA who are liberals and their little "snopies" are more than biased? Get a better source. Like one that is taken seriously instead of being found out for what it is.

[/quote]Speaking of quotes, though. Here's a dandy from W's Daddy:

"Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives in midstream, engaging in "mission creep", and would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. We had been unable to find Noriega in Panama, which we knew intimately. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Under those circumstances, furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different — and perhaps barren — outcome. "
- George H.W. Bush[/quote]

I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about GHWB and what the world was like in the late 80's and early 90's. Why are you?

Old 01-17-2010, 06:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Who cares?
They're all ****ing idiots.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
How is letting a dictator get away with defying HOW MANY UN RESOLUTIONS keeping anyone in check? Nice try, but nope. Clinton had no balls. How many terrorist attacks under his watch? How much planning went on, in the US, by the terrorists, under his watch? He was too busy entertaining Hollyweird, playing his sax and keeping tabs on Monica....maybe the incident in Somalia was too much for him.

You rely on snopes.com? The man and wife team from CA who are liberals and their little "snopies" are more than biased? Get a better source. Like one that is taken seriously instead of being found out for what it is.
Speaking of quotes, though. Here's a dandy from W's Daddy:

"Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives in midstream, engaging in "mission creep", and would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. We had been unable to find Noriega in Panama, which we knew intimately. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Under those circumstances, furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different — and perhaps barren — outcome. "
- George H.W. Bush[/quote]

I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about GHWB and what the world was like in the late 80's and early 90's. Why are you?[/quote]

Are you saying "Just because nearly everything went bad during Dubya's administration doesn't prove he is stupid"???

Old 01-18-2010, 06:54 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Was...past tense...IS......more appropriate!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post

Speaking of quotes, though. Here's a dandy from W's Daddy:

- George H.W. Bush

I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about GHWB and what the world was like in the late 80's and early 90's. Why are you?
cause...W's pappy was right! Invading Iraq was a stupid, stupid idea and a complete failure. What had changed in Iraq from 1990's to 2002? It was dumb to hit your own head with a hammer in 1991, and it's still dumb today.

Snopes provided all the quotes with context. Can you deny that? Was there something factually wrong with the snopes site? Cause it affirmed that all those Democrat quotes were true.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Was...past tense...IS......more appropriate!

Amen! People forget that bills are signed into legislation for specific periods of time, and the president who inherits them is limited in what he/she can do about changing it. As for Hussein, we took good care of him, like we did Pinochet and other right-wing dictators, which is one reason that so much of the world resents us. The Constitution says that
pre-emptive war is illegal, as is the outing of a CIA agent (a bill that Poppy Bush enacted after Philip Agee spilled some CIA beans. Dubya got
away with far too much, and now we're screwed. That being said, he sounded like someone of average intelligence when interviewed with Clinton yesterday about Haiti. Average. He is indeed an embarassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies