Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 11:36 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Laughing is the best way to downplay the insult. I think McCain handeled it rather well.

How would you feel is someone deliberatly crossed over your name from a hat? Or erased your picture from a group photo etc. It is an insult, and it was intended to be an insult. It sends the message loud and clear "This person is a loser, and I don't want to have anything to do with him".

Don't you think it would have been a better idea to wear something else, and not send a hateful massage like to the public?

Hateful? You betcha!
If you consider the fact that his people kept the tight rein on what she could say during the campaign I wonder if you can still talk about how she should act. All they have in common these days is that they both say they are Republicans and we don't know how much longer she will be one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 11:38 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,063,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post

So what changed my opinion about her and her capabilities in politics?
"GOING ROGUE"....her book....
One word....IMPRESSIVE!

POSITIVELY PALIN!
I'll read the book (once my hard-right relatives follow through with their vow to throw it at me) and get back to you. It will be quite an amazing tome if it can change my opinion of her after the election and especially the debates.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:38 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Says who? I think you picked up that line of thinking from the MSM last year and from the Dems who are so afraid of her, for whatever reason.
Do you want to know why democrats and independents are afraid of Sarah Palin? I'll tell you why. Because this woman is so ignorant and reckless that were she to be put into a position of national power she could destroy our nation and endanger the world through her ignorant, reckless behavior. And we are also afraid that there are enough ignorant people out there who will be taken in by a folksy drawl, a wink, and a "one of y'all" attitude and might actually put this ticking time bomb in office. That is why we, and the rest of the civilized world, are afraid of her.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
We all know the lobbyist got to your guy even though he said they wouldnt.

How about you hold him accountable for his own words before you try and hold someone else accountable to a job they havent even run for or got
Well , you're off topic but I will hold Obama accountable and lobbyists get to everyone.

I hold Palin accountable for what she has said and done....not what she MIGHT do in her dream world.

She has shown that money is EVERYTHING to her.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Do you want to know why democrats and independents are afraid of Sarah Palin? I'll tell you why. Because this woman is so ignorant and reckless that were she to be put into a position of national power she could destroy our nation and endanger the world through her ignorant, reckless behavior. And we are also afraid that there are enough ignorant people out there who will be taken in by a folksy drawl, a wink, and a "one of y'all" attitude and might actually put this ticking time bomb in office. That is why we, and the rest of the civilized world, are afraid of her.
Doncha wonder how many times righties can be told this ????

Why can't they get it???

They must be so afraid of Obama!!! What weinies!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excuse me, but he was on FOX NEWS Sunday slamming the ridiculous behavior of the insane PDS Leftist for having such a tizzy fit...he was actually laughing at their insane focus on everything Palin.

I think I'll believe him rather than your warped interpretation of what he believes.
"""""the ridiculous behavior of the insane PDS Leftist for having such a tizzy fit...he was actually laughing at their insane focus on everything Palin.""""

HOW many threads have YOU started on Palin????

Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you ask for proof and facts from Obama or just accept his ghost written book and vote for him because of his talk about transparency? Speaking of transparency in government, how is that working out for you these days?
You are (in desperation) off topic....what does Palin have to do with Obama???

If your friends jumped off a bridge , would you?

And , yes, I read a lot about Obama before voting and I did NOT read his books.....I never take something someone writes about themselves as the absolute truth......like the OP and YOU do.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:55 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well , you're off topic but I will hold Obama accountable and lobbyists get to everyone.

I hold Palin accountable for what she has said and done....not what she MIGHT do in her dream world.

She has shown that money is EVERYTHING to her.
Once again pot meet kettle

But wait Obama said they wouldnt get to him. Stop making excuses for the man lying to the American people.

Yeah I know how dare Palin actually want to earn a living its not like she doesnt have a special needs child to take care of for life.

You are another that will make any excuse to defend Obama.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""""the ridiculous behavior of the insane PDS Leftist for having such a tizzy fit...he was actually laughing at their insane focus on everything Palin.""""

HOW many threads have YOU started on Palin????
Agreed.

How many posts and threads did Sanrene (and others) make about Michelle Obama, who wasn't even running for office? In Bizarro World, what clothes Michelle Obama wears is right up there with Palin's foreign policy acumen, in terms of importance, I guess!

Palin keeps showing up on TV shows, doing book tours, etc. and we are supposed to feel guilty for expressing that we'd like her to go away? They might have a point if she was playing the hermit, however, she is doing anything but that. She is just doing the rightie dishonesty dance - speaking out both sides of her mouth, claiming she doesn't want all the attention, yet, it's all-too-obvious she wants it more than anything. Look for her to land her own TV show eventually.

Unabashed, transparent hypocrisy. It's what's for breakfast in some rightie homes, that's for sure. Some people's unbridled hatred has lead them down a path where they simply have no humilty anymore because this animalistic need for payback for the criticism Bush withstood is more important to them than their credibilty, honor, or any other virtue.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:05 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Agreed.

How many posts and threads did Sanrene make about Michelle Obama, who wasn't even running for office? In Bizarro World, what clothes Michelle Obama wears is right up there with Palin's foreign policy acumen, in terms of importance, I guess!

Palin keeps showing up on TV shows, doing book tours, etc. and we are supposed to feel guilty for expressing that we'd like her to go away? They might have a point if she was playing the hermit, however, she is doing anything but that. She is just doing the rightie dishonesty dance - speaking out both sides of her mouth, claiming she doesn't want all the attention, yet, it's all-too-obvious she wants it more than anything. Look for her to land her own TV show eventually.

Unabashed, transparent hypocrisy. It's what's for breakfast in some rightie homes, that's for sure. Some people's unbridled hatred has lead them down a path where they simply have no humilty anymore because this animalistic need for payback for the criticism Bush withstood is more important to them than their credibilty, honor, or any other virtue.
So we should ignore the 1st lady?

Why cant Plain do a tv show? She gets ratings. You do realize you dont have to turn on the show she is on right. Yeah Obama doesnt ever speak out of both sides of his mouth either right.

Oh please wanna talk about hypocrisy there is many on this board that is full of that including many on the left. Defending Obama at all cost making excuses for him having lobbyist working for him even though he said they wouldnt have a job in his white house is what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies