Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If you consider the fact that his people kept the tight rein on what she could say during the campaign I wonder if you can still talk about how she should act. All they have in common these days is that they both say they are Republicans and we don't know how much longer she will be one of those.
I don't think such hatefulness is seen well among most people. It was a HUGE mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Why cant Plain do a tv show?
Best typo ever

Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
As a Hoosier, anyone who confuses john wooden with john woodenlegs is about as bright as a diamond covered with cwap.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Once again pot meet kettle

(So witty and original and has nothing to do with my post....)

But wait Obama said they wouldnt get to him. Stop making excuses for the man lying to the American people. """

As per usual, you canNOT show where I made excuses for Obama.

Yeah I know how dare Palin actually want to earn a living its not like she doesnt have a special needs child to take care of for life. """

you mean her HEALTH INSURANCE DOESN'T cover the expenses?????

You are another that will make any excuse to defend Obama.
And you wouldn't do that with Palin, would you...??? LOL!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
So we should ignore the 1st lady?

Why cant Plain do a tv show? She gets ratings. You do realize you dont have to turn on the show she is on right. Yeah Obama doesnt ever speak out of both sides of his mouth either right.

Oh please wanna talk about hypocrisy there is many on this board that is full of that including many on the left. Defending Obama at all cost making excuses for him having lobbyist working for him even though he said they wouldnt have a job in his white house is what?
There ya go, Now you're doing the dance!

Poking fun at someone and wanting them to go away is not the same as saying you want them exiled or censored or something. Good lord. Do you not want Obama to "go away"?

And your "argument" about Michelle is a straw man. Allow me to explain. I didn't say it wasn't OK to talk about her (Michelle). I implied that it wasn't OK to talk about her AND criticize those who talk about Sarah Palin. That's clearly hypocritical - and clearly talking out both sides of the mouth, especially because one was a politician at the time, and the other wasn't.

Reading comprehension is key. Quit twisting my words; or is that part of the dance too? But hey, who am I kidding? You'll go on building straw men, employing ad-hominem-tu-quoque fallacies, and pretending that you don't understand my point. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Seriously, your debating skills boil down to, "I know you are, but what am I?"...?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Default 2yfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
ooooops.

OP expects McCain/Palin to win.

Last edited by Austin13; 12-21-2009 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 12:25 PM

450 posts, read 502,648 times
Some of you are turning this into a Obama vs Palin discussion
I don't understand how it is not conceivably that a person whom was a huge critic of Palin cannot completely change his viewpoint on her based on her wonderful biography

I didn't even start reading her book with an open mind. I started reading to get some inside juicy details of the 2008 McCain campaign. I totally was expecting and prepared to read a bunch of whining from Palin about the media, etc.... and her pushing/promoting her far-right radical viewpoints.

While reading the book and learning so much about her life, her philosophies, her accomplishments and so much more....my criticism towards her eventually turned into sheer admiration.

I will be reading it a second time as soon as I can....

I seriously challenge some of you to read her book. If your attitude doesn't change about her.
I'd be very surprised.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Some of you are turning this into a Obama vs Palin discussion
I don't understand how it is not conceivably that a person whom was a huge critic of Palin cannot completely change his viewpoint on her based on her wonderful biography

I didn't even started reading her book with an open mind. I started reading to get some inside juicy details of the 2008 McCain campaign. I totally was expecting and prepared to read a bunch of whining from Palin about the media, etc.... and her pushing/promoting her far-right radical viewpoints.

While reading the book and learning so much about her life, her philosophies, her accomplishments and so much more....my criticism towards her quickly turned into sheer admiration.
NO!???!! I am so SURPRISED that a book written by PALIN about PALIN shows her in such a good light!!
That is just SO credible.....what a great resource for absolute FACTS on Palin!!!

OH MY! It should be in a REFERENCE library...

Old 12-21-2009, 12:32 PM

450 posts, read 502,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
ooooops.
Austin that was explained already in my reply to an earlier post

"Yes I angrily (in the mist of the 2008 campaign and the constant Obama bashing by Fox News etc....) said at that moment (I made the thread) could not see Obama winning. And that was not because fear of Palin or Mccain by the way it was simply because of all the hatred I was seeing being thrown towards Obama.
Secondly I said I was done with the election out of frustration and I was back on CD forum and the news the very next day.
So again that was not a "prediction" that McCain-Palin would win. That was a day I was speaking frustrated and I went right back to fully believing Obama/Biden ticket would win after my frustration wore off...."

Secondly read a few of my post from last year about Palin. I was clearly not a fan of hers....

"My point is Sarah Palin could've been the Governor of Alaska for 20 years at her current state she would still be UNQUALIFIED for Vice-President or President of the United States.
It is so clear to SOOOO many people that she lacks knowledge and the intelligence to be at either of those positions."
"I would bet any kind of money Sarah Palin could not point out Iran or Lebanon on a map! I am serious and I'm not being mean.
She is just not that intelligent (see her interviews where she said the most idoitics things ever said)
That is the single reason why she is not qualified! Not her experience!"
"Sarah Palin is SO UNQUALIFIED that many people are questioning whether John McCain is Qualified based on her pick ALONE!"

I was even more vocal to my political friends in real life in criticizing Palin.
So this is not an advertisement.

Is it impossible for someone to change their views on a person in Politics?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:34 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Oh no, Austin is very objective about these things. She believes that love and hate are not the same kind of emotions. She hates Palin and loves Obama but can't see through all the ground in between. Don't waste your time.
Austin "hates" Palin??? "and loves Obama"???? WTF?

roy, when did I give you permission to speak for me and things I believe or don't believe. I don't waste my time hating politicians. That takes far too much energy.

So, from now on, speak for YOURSELF.......and I'll speak for MYSELF. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies