Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:47 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times

Advertisements

I just can't believe the things he says. Last night on Leno he actually said he would rather be led by stupid people than by an "intellectual". No wonder he is supporting Palin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I just can't believe the things he says. Last night on Leno he actually said he would rather be led by stupid people than by an "intellectual". No wonder he is supporting Palin!
that's a very communist thing to say ... after all, what did mao & stalin do when they first rose to power ... killed the intellectuals!

beck's a commie! beck's a commie!

Old 12-20-2009, 06:51 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
that's a very communist thing to say ... after all, what did mao & stalin do when they first rose to power ... killed the intellectuals!

beck's a commie! beck's a commie!
Not only that he did not do a good job with grandma's cookies either.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
If the OP wanted to appear intellegent he might actually spell the name of the person he is attacking correctly.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:17 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,931,226 times
in the words of barack obama, "he's a jackass."

Old 12-20-2009, 08:25 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If the OP wanted to appear intellegent he might actually spell the name of the person he is attacking correctly.
oh give me a break ... oh no! The entire post is moot because the OP didn't include the double N ... now i've been known to nitpick on spellling, but in this case ... is that the best you "got"?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Leno did an excellent job of revealing the moron that is the real Glenn Beck, kudos to Leno.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:44 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBuysjbq4A

Old 12-20-2009, 12:50 PM

1,133 posts, read 713,215 times
Quote:
Stupid is as stupid does Like selling the future of generations of an entire nation, to satisfy ones own personal narcissism. Hitler did it, Mao did it Stalin, Lennin, and now we have our very own.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:54 PM

839 posts, read 983,127 times
Quote:
This is one of the more interesting (and scary) aspects of this populist movement on the right in this country. There seems to be an enormous amount of disdain and distrust of intellectuals; it used to be that being educated and intelligent was seen as a good quality to have. People like Beck have a terribly simplistic understanding of the issues and a president with similar views would be a nightmare; I don't think that these anti-intellectual pundits (and voters) have any sense of how complex the issues facing this country are. The media doesn't help, either, in its reduction of every issue to two simplistic sides. The media treats the populace like idiots, making issues seem far simpler than they actually are. It's a great disservice to the voting public; it's dangerous, too. I think this has been one source of in-fighting within the Republican Party as well. There are a number of conservative intellectuals who are being marginalized right now and I think its to the detriment of the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies