Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times

Advertisements

Many Liberals are atheistic, and so I wonder if they have invented something to replace the Original Sin carried more by those on the Right.

There was a home fix-up show on TV where a woman commented that men like to build things as a way of making up for not being able to give birth.

Any political psychologists out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Many Liberals are atheistic, and so I wonder if they have invented something to replace the Original Sin carried more by those on the Right.

There was a home fix-up show on TV where a woman commented that men like to build things as a way of making up for not being able to give birth.

Any political psychologists out there?

Of course it is. The climate change cult has nothing to do with climate and everything about redistribution of wealth from rich to poor countries. Keep in mind that clever tactics like "cap and trade" do nothing to achieve a reduction in CO2 (which is the purported goal), it only shifts money. I remember 25 years ago when it was joked that the libs were working on trying to identify CO2 as a pollutant. We laughed at the time, not realizing that the public would be so dumb as to swallow this liberal line of BS.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course it is. The climate change cult has nothing to do with climate and everything about redistribution of wealth from rich to poor countries. Keep in mind that clever tactics like "cap and trade" do nothing to achieve a reduction in CO2 (which is the purported goal), it only shifts money. I remember 25 years ago when it was joked that the libs were working on trying to identify CO2 as a pollutant. We laughed at the time, not realizing that the public would be so dumb as to swallow this liberal line of BS.
Name one economic endeavor that doesn't "shift" money?

Old 12-17-2009, 08:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Name one economic endeavor that doesn't "shift" money?
I was going to ask, "Your point?" - but would rather ask -

Name one political endeavor that doesn't "shift" money? -

In order to discover the nature of your question.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 PM

Hawkeye wrote something that didn't make sense to me. He seemed to be implying that money shifting that the "cap and trade" (C&T) concept does is a bad thing.

I disagree.

"Cap and trade" is market-based. I love the concept of setting targets, and leaving it up to the entity to do what it takes to reach it.

Simply, there is a money shift from those entities who are least efficient to those who are most efficient; thereby, forcing the least efficient to become more efficient or die.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,610 times
Quote:
Hawkeye wrote something that didn't make sense to me. He seemed to be implying that money shifting that the "cap and trade" (C&T) concept does is a bad thing.

I disagree.

"Cap and trade" is market-based. I love the concept of setting targets, and leaving it up to the entity to do what it takes to reach it.

Simply, there is a money shift from those entities who are least efficient to those who are most efficient; thereby, forcing the least efficient to become more efficient or die.
What entities would those be?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
Quote:

I disagree.

Cap and trade is nothing more than a tax.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Global Warming Climate Change or whatever new name they will come up with since the people are aware it is the same scam. Whatever it is, it IS a religion for the left wingers and they swoon at the feet of their lying El Gordo the Global god and all his evil scientists.

The rest of the sane population know it is all about control and money.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 PM

30 posts, read 51,253 times
Default here in Ca

Just another hypocracy for the libs. I have many dull minded neighbors that rant about it. But, they are quite happy with driving their big SUV's and having swimmimg pools. Hell, were about out of water in the central valley of ca.
I bought solar panels that pay for almost all of my electricity, and I ride a motorcyle most of the time.
I'll take the Pepsi challenge with any ******* when it comes to conservation or helping the environment.
Al Gore is living quite fat with his jets and the huge home he owns. Also, he is looking quite plump these days. I am sure he is spueing way to much CO2 into the atmosphere.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
What entities would those be?
I'm referring to power generators or utilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies