Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The family pastor has done a bit of brainwashing on you if you honestly believe homosexuality is comparable to promiscuity and adultery.....
My family compares homosexuality to child rape, the holocaust, and terrorism. I would love for them to tone it down to comparing it to promiscuity and adultery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
My family compares homosexuality to child rape, the holocaust, and terrorism. I would love for them to tone it down to comparing it to promiscuity and adultery.
You're family does not know what child rape, Holocaust OR terrorism is. So much stupidity, it's just shocking.
What a disgrace to those who were raped, died in the Holocaust and terrorism.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:34 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Pope John Paul said homosexuality was a moral evil.

In his 2005 book Memory and Identity, John Paul labeled homosexuality an “ideology of evil,” saying when discussing gay marriage that, “It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man.”

Old 01-16-2010, 06:40 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Pope John Paul said homosexuality was a moral evil. \”
Who really cares what he thought? His inaction regarding pedophile priests speaks volumes as to his credibility on ANYTHING.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

What a SHAME! A shame to all those kids who died. A shame to everyone who was shot in the head by the Nazis. A SHAME to all the children who were raped ever. A shame to all of those who died in gas chambers.

DISGUSTING.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:53 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Pope John Paul said homosexuality was a moral evil.

In his 2005 book Memory and Identity, John Paul labeled homosexuality an “ideology of evil,” saying when discussing gay marriage that, “It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man.”
As a gay man according to Pope John Paul I suppose I must be immoral and evil, and have no plans to change!

Nonsense, absolute nonsense!

Old 01-16-2010, 06:57 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Paul wrote, "For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error"

Paul said that when any person rejects God's truth, his mind becomes "reprobate," meaning perverted, void of sound judgment. The perverted mind, having rejected God's truth, is not capable of discerning good and evil.

Paul said, "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, not thankful, unholy, without natural affection.

All parents should warn their children of the evils of homosexuality.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:59 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
At this point, who isn't possessed by demons anymore?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Paul wrote, "For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error"

Paul said that when any person rejects God's truth, his mind becomes "reprobate," meaning perverted, void of sound judgment. The perverted mind, having rejected God's truth, is not capable of discerning good and evil.

Paul said, "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, not thankful, unholy, without natural affection.

All parents should warn their children of the evils of homosexuality.

I warn mine of people like you.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,849 times
I'm straight and have had 6 people in my lifetime ... and am currently married so I am assuming the number will stay at that. I cannot imagine anywhere near 100 lol (straight or gay). I could imagine myself having been with 15 or 20 had I gone more crazy in my college years, but (to me) anything more than that would be insane. To each their own I guess though. Just don't be giving me any of those STD's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies