Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I think you mean Romans 1:27, but that is beside the point. Go back and read it again. In verse 26 Paul says "For this cause God gave them up....." So what cause was this? Going back several verses we find that they were worshiping idols! You are equating to punishment with what YOU think the sin was. The sin was idolatry; the punishment was debasement and debauchery.
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/thIGiveUp.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 06:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If AIDS is God's wrath on the homosexuals was Polio also his wrath on the children?

Apparently, according to many of these religious nuts, Gawd plans his weather systems around who is having sex with who. Interesting stuff!
Because according to Christians, there is nothing in the universe God hates more than gay people. We are an abomination to him, worthy of torture and death, so says the church I grew up in. Its so sad when I think about never being able to have a relationship with my parents again because I happen to be attracted to somebody of my own sex.

With all the other problems this world has, I've always wondered why God's top priority is who is sleeping with who.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
This Christian actually agrees with you. Christ Jesus instructs us to inform the world about His message - He never said we should force the non-believer to live by the rules of our beliefs.
And I totally respect that. I wish more would be like you.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM

36 posts, read 125,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Bottom line: Stop quoting The Bible because that is just dumb.

The other issue is that gays should reduce anal sex considering AIDS is spread that way. Reduce or stop having sex. Focus more on your relationships.

According to medical literature, AIDS is believed to have first spread by hetero sex, not homo. Furthermore, unlike us bigoted humans, the AIDS virus doesn't care who is having the sex, it simply like's body fluids for transmission, whether in a vagina or the anus.

When the american press was first focussing on gay people as the transmitters of AIDS, it was already spreading primarily through hetero's in Africa. But nobody cared about straight people doing it, because it was more sensational and easier to blame gays for doing something bad. In africa, where it is believed this disease comes from, the number one transmitters of this disease are hetero, not homo.

I do agree with you that people should focus more on their relationships, not just the sex, but that goes for everyone, not just gays. However, we also need to be realistic here: Sex is natural and a part of life, it is built into us to like and enjoy it, and there is nothing wrong with it. The answer is not telling people to stop having it, anally or otherwise. The answer is telling people to take precautions and wear a condom whether your having vaginal or anal sex with new partners. Once you have been in a monogomous relationship long enough and have been tested repeatedly to make sure you are healthy, and if you plan on being monogomous and can trust your partner, then you can do away with the condom.

Let's stop blaming gay people for AIDS and it's transmission, because that's just a lie propagated by the religious right, ignorant and uneducated. The highest percentage of people getting infected every year are straight people..and it's because they think only gay people can get it, or it's only spread by anal sex.

Education is the key here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies