Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,640,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Because, for some dumb reason my earlier post was deleted, I'm going to repeat it.

This will be an Iran/Israel conflict to start. And it may not happen in 2010, but it will happen.

Iran has made it perfectly clear that they intend to annihilate Israel, and the gutless UN has set idly by and watched Iran gain nuclear capability.

It's only a matter of time.

Israel, on the other hand, has adopted a "Never Again!" mentality after the Holocaust. They will NOT go down without a fight - and a fight to the last man.

So what is the spineless world - including the utterly worthless UN - going to do once all hell breaks loose? THAT is the only REAL question.
Sooooo, I take it you are suggesting we start a war with Iran immediately? You are aware they can field a million men, all ready to die for their country. Anything less and we are spineless? No disrespect intended. I understand your anger. Just trying to figure out what your solution is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,618,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Sooooo, I take it you are suggesting we start a war with Iran immediately? You are aware they can field a million men, all ready to die for their country. Anything less and we are spineless? No disrespect intended. I understand your anger. Just trying to figure out what your solution is.
Did I SAY that we should start a war with Iran immediately?

The President of Iran has repeatedly - and for years - said that he fully intends to annihilate Israel. Do we think he's kidding?

Meanwhile, the international community has set idly by and done nothing. No sanctions, no embargoes, no nothing.

I'm afraid we're going to pay a very high price for it.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:

The President of Iran has repeatedly - and for years - said that he fully intends to annihilate Israel. Do we think he's kidding?

Meanwhile, the international community has set idly by and done nothing. No sanctions, no embargoes, no nothing.

Well I hope you're wrong about that. I do believe that the clock has run out on having any more dialogue with Iran and major, heartbreaking sanctions by the world community are forthcoming. Probably in the first quarter of 2010. Hopefully the sanctions will undermine the theocracy they call government and the Iranian people will take back their country. JMHO

Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
If you put as much energy towards peace as you do towards war, the world would be a different place.

I read Stars & Stripes and they publish the photos of our dead at war.
If you're all so strongly for war, join and put your kids in the military.

Otherwise, shut up from the sidelines, okay?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:

So what?
Israel has taken similar stance and has treated Palestine abysmally.
When are you joining the military?
Iran has done nothing to the US.
Let Israel do its own fighting, they cause enough strife and have nukes.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well I hope you're wrong about that. I do believe that the clock has run out on having any more dialogue with Iran and major, heartbreaking sanctions by the world community are forthcoming. Probably in the first quarter of 2010. Hopefully the sanctions will undermine the theocracy they call government and the Iranian people will take back their country. JMHO
I hope I'm wrong about it too. But I don't think I am.

Unfortunately, when a despotic tyrant runs a country, he will be the LAST person to starve.

At this point, I don't know what the answer is. But honestly, I think the time is running out on Israel's patience. They're not going to sit still and let Iran shoot nuclear weapons at them.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
I think we can avoid another war especially with the present administration and Congress.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So what?
Israel has taken similar stance and has treated Palestine abysmally.
When are you joining the military?
Iran has done nothing to the US.
Let Israel do its own fighting, they cause enough strife and have nukes.
Ridiculous.

Tell the Hamas idiots to stop shooting missiles into Israeli civilian neighborhoods. They have fired over 6,000 rockets into Israeli neighborhoods in the past 3 years alone - intentionally trying to kill civilians.

Keep in mind that Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005.

So what's their excuse?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Ridiculous.

Tell the Hamas idiots to stop shooting missiles into Israeli civilian neighborhoods. They have fired over 6,000 rockets into Israeli neighborhoods in the past 3 years alone.

Keep in mind that Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005.

So what's their excuse?
I believe it's because Israel refuses to withdraw from territory they agreed to from the 67 war. Also, they keep expanding on the west bank in defiance of UN resolutions forbidding them to do so. Palistinians have a point but certainly not justification to lob rockets at women and children.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:28 PM

946 posts, read 2,599,287 times
[/quote]

Yes.

He's been saying it for years because in all probability, like any cagey politician, he's distracting his people from thinking about real problems. All Arab nations, to some extent, have used the Palestinians as political fodder, just as American politicians use hot-button issues like crime, drugs or immigration.

What do we owe the Israelis, who have spied on us for decades and hijacked our foreign policy, resulting in untold numbers of American deaths? Not to mention actual Israeli killing of Americans. They are only slightly less poisonous than our other treacherous allies, the Saudis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies