Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:29 AM

241 posts, read 267,424 times

Advertisements

We've been going downhill since the 80s IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 12:30 AM

10 posts, read 13,932 times
Exclamation Obama is left to clean up Bush's mess

I am one who also voted for Obama, mainly because their wasn't anyone else worth voting for, actually they all LIE to get their way.
I know one-thing i see nothing positive ahead of us, we're in trouble!~!

I wish that John Kerry would have run, as i would have voted for him.
I'm not so sure that he'd want to be in this terrible mess that Bush has left everyone, especially the next president, whom is now Obama.
I not so sure he can get us out of this horror we are all experiencing.
Well maybe not everyone, i wonder how the extremely well paid actors & actresses among the many athletes that play pro-football among other sports are doing, as they are millionaires.
Maybe they could help by donating to charities, since they all have more money than they know what to do with.
Yes i agree, why do we have to put up with illegal aliens & other such foreigners, that are getting our jobs, which leaves us with nothing.
This government of ours is going wacko, we all need to get together & take over the government,.
Did you know that England, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland & a host of other countries, allow their residents FREE Health Insurance, or only a tiny office fee & in England a person can get FREE Education.
Here in the supposedly Free world, nothing appears to be Free, hhhmmm!

Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 AM

178 posts, read 412,594 times
Because Bush did a lousy job. Angry voters voted for Obama because he wasn't Bush.

Now look where we are!

Old 12-23-2009, 12:36 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCRUSADERxx View Post
Could Obama Be the Beginning of our downfall? I ask this because of our steady decline as a world power. Now we have health care reform that has literally being "Shoved Down Our Throats" Let's face it the only reason why it passed is because the "hold outs" were literally "Bought" into voting for this monstrousity! Furthermore, I voted for Obama because of his fony promises of "change" instead unemployment is higher than ever, illegal imagrants keep stealing what little jobs are left, we keep spend money on a futile pointless war (That I myself served in), Government health care is proven not to work (ie. England, Canada) and WILL increase the deficite by 2.5 trillion dollars!! If this continues we as a nation are doomed! Oh, god and the republicans want sarah palin for president in 2012 imagine a cheer leader as president the world really is gonna end that year!! Honestly 70% of people who voted for Obama did it because he's black there I said it the cold hard truth.

i agree with all of your post ....except i think the beggining goes way back to right after JFK ...since then the office has really been run by bankers...hope ron paul runs for president next term...im voting for him if that happens

Old 12-23-2009, 12:38 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
Because Bush did a lousy job. Angry voters voted for Obama because he wasn't Bush.

Now look where we are!
Speak for yourself. I'm doing just fine. (I'm thinking of investing in Kleenex stock. The way some of you cry, I'll get rich.)

Old 12-23-2009, 12:42 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I think I'm going start counting the instances of "thugs" and "shoved down our throats" that appear in this forum. It's at least a dozen of each per day. Can't you guys come up with something original?
And I'll keep track of the instances of "Bush's fault". Now that's bipartisan teamwork.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 AM

178 posts, read 412,594 times
Obama has three more years. In three years is the U.S. going to look like the Old Soviet Union?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
Obama has three more years. In three years is the U.S. going to look like the Old Soviet Union?
Do you think it's going to look like the Old Soviet Union? Do you know what that looked like? Do you think everything that happens or changes is going to be Obamas doing?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:51 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And I'll keep track of the instances of "Bush's fault". Now that's bipartisan teamwork.
Agreed, though if you're talking about Iraq or Afghanistan, you can't dodge the fact that Bush started those wars.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:51 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, Palin. Hah.

I believe Bush did greater harm than any other president we've ever had.
And I believe you parrot that out every time someone mentions anything other than what you believe in.

The whole "BUSH DID IT!" panic button folks like you push is getting a bit worn out don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies