Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Like we all said. The priority should have been J-O-B-S not Obamacare.
Shouldn't fee market take care of J-O-B-S? Or do you want the government to fix that for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Shouldn't fee market take care of J-O-B-S? Or do you want the government to fix that for you?
Businesses and lenders are AFRAID of what this administration and the Democrat majority will do next and that's why businesses aren't hiring and financial institutions aren't lending to them. So, small businesses have to wait and see what the eventual Obamacare will cost them before they hire. And then they are going to sit around and wait some more until they find out what cap and trade is going to cost them. They're the rich guys the President is so determined to stick it to via income taxes, too. We know cap and trade will really stick it to them no matter what, it's just a matter of "how much" and do I lay off more people or close down my business, altogether. Like many of us said during the election, when "stick it to the rich" was en vogue --- when was the last time a poor person gave you a job?

Cap and Trade is why the EPA wants to make an end run around Congress...at least until after the 2010 elections. We already know the public is going to take Obamacare out on the 2010 Dems running for re-election because they pushed through some bill that nobody wants. Why do you think they had to be bribed to vote for it? They can't afford to have even more people blame them (for job loss) by being the face of the ugly baby, cap and trade. So, the EPA (no elected dudes) are doing the administration's dirty work on energy instead of Pelosi, Reid and minions. That tells me, along with the Obamacare bribes, that both the President and Congress think they know better than the people they work for and they're are going to keep shoveling the you know what on us and cover their ears.

I've heard people argue here that jobs was not the goal of the stimulus, Spendapalooza bill. Well, you can't have it both ways. Either it was the goal and all of that spending for the stimulus bill to create jobs (remember they were SUPPOSED TO BE shovel ready) didn't work to reduce unemployment or it wasn't the goal and this administration decided jobs was not a priority like healthcare reform and cap and trade apparently are to them.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:27 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He could have said it differently by saying that he had a lot of POOR ppl in his state on medicaid (black & white). the message would have been the same. I don't know why those southerners always have to talk like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd1...eature=related

Throughout the nation there are going to be thousands more people enrolled in Medicaid and every state except one is going to have to come up with matching money," Graham remarks. "I have 12 percent unemployment in South Carolina. My state's on its knees. I have 31 percent African-American population in South Carolina." Linsey Graham

I know we have problem when white folk call out what we see for ourselves! Would it have been better if Graham was black?? He's still telling the truth! But now he's racist!! Did you see that clip? We are proportionately the biggest drain on social assistance systems! And if you think black folk won't be line up for miles to get FREE HEALTH CARE you are out of your mind! Obama Money !! Obama Health 0care!! It's all free! Keep us depending on the government!

We will indeed impact his state!

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 12-24-2009, 07:29 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
And he's not blaming all the state's problems on blacks! But Graham surely knows where most of the government assistance in his state is going, at this point in time! To blacks!

We don't want anybody to call us out! When Cosby called us out, he was called a Tom. Blacks have ana unwed mother rate of over 70 PERCENT!!! Young black girls with 2 or 3 babies.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS???? Federal assistance!! Food stamps....welfare!!! No insurance!! No fathers!!

Graham is saying..."LOOK...it's already bad for black folk in my state!" When this health care hits, they will indeed line up (just like the Obama Money women in Detroit) and suck the money right out of the system.

We are so PC, we just won't call it like it is!!

Old 12-24-2009, 07:48 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,023 times
Of course he is a racist, and a homophobe, why does this surprise anyone? He is in the mainstream of the GOP. Why didn't he say that SC had too many overweight people who would be a drain, or too many skinny toothless rednecks? Nope, he followed well within the old southern standard racism.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Did he say anything that was inaccurate?

All I see is out of context blather that's really much ado about nothing.
No, he pretty accurately represents the Republican thought process.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:54 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Not surprising at all.

The typical thought of a Republican.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:51 AM

36 posts, read 50,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If you truly mean this than no words I could say would be enough to either open your mind and heart.....or express the disdain with which I hold someone who thinks this way.
Sarcasm much?

Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The approach should be to improve the lives of low income people so they can choose and pay for their own health care needs.

The republicans in Congress need PR help.
Earning your way in life? naww it'll never catch on.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here are more of Graham's words:

"I have 12 percent unemployment in South Carolina. My state's on its knees. I have 31% African-American population in South Carolina."

"We've got it tough. We're on our knees, 12% of our people are unemployed and 31% of our people are black."

"My state, with 30% African-American citizens, a lot of low income people in South Carolina, is going to cost my state a billion dollars, that's the same old stuff that I object to. That's not change we can believe in. That's sleazy."

Graham has proven what I've said all along, that a LOT of the opposition to health care is that a LOT of whites don't want to support something that may help a black person. For saying those things, I've been accused of playing the race card by several posters, but it is the sad truth. I appreciate Senator Graham betraying his racist feelings. I guess he doesn't count those citizens of his state as his constituents. Graham is the sleazy one. Palin fans will love him for those remarks.
Of course you are making racists statements. A LOT of white people? Why don't you show the links that back up your point instead of typing nonsense.
Then you show your lack of knowledge by making another absurd claim that Palin fans welcome the comments because they are racist. btw not a Palin fan. Sorry you can't call me a racist. Ruins your day I bet. lol

The black community, meaning poor, being without wealth will of course be hit harder during tough times. If someone points that out they are racist? To be fair, unlike you, I don't know the contest of what Graham said along with those statements. The statements alone are not racist. Black leaders will point to the very same fact that black unemployment is always higher. I guess that makes those statements racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies